Disney Grants Fresh Underwear

CaptainMidnight

DIS Veteran
I didn't know Disney employees were represented by teamsters.

By SERENA KAPPES
June 08, 2001
Disney Grants Fresh Underwear
After two months of negotiations, the workers who play characters at Walt Disney World have been granted a privilege -- the right to wear clean underwear, reports the Associated Press. Some castmates, the folks who star as Cinderella, Mickey Mouse, et al. at Walt Disney World, complained about getting pubic lice and scabies after wearing underwear supplied by the company, which was given out daily to wear on the job (to avoid bunching up under costumes). Disney officials claimed that they used hot water to clean the undergarments, but, apparently, that wasn't the case when workers reportedly received undergarments that were stained or smelly. A Disney spokesperson refused to comment on the new tentative contract, which was agreed upon by the Teamsters, who represent the workers, and Walt Disney World. Workers will now be assigned individual undergarments which they can take home and wash themselves. Maybe now that the underwear war has been resolved, Walt Disney World can once again be the happiest place on earth.
Copyright © 2001 Time In

That's why Donald is always beserking. He gets a lot of wedgies.

I guess this is one of those reality topics that is bound to show up sooner or later, but I have to tell you I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing about creepie crawlies in character's underwear!!! Good grief. Bunched or not, I would have to refuse to share. Was this sort of thing really what Walt had in mind???:rolleyes:

I've known for a while that the costumed CMs were Teamsters. I think its only them however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter