Disney Has the Best Chicken Nuggets Ever! - Update Dump - Finally Completed!

It seems like, even playing it by ear, you were able to accomplish some good Fantasyland rides! Dumbo is so precious. And your Mine Train pictures were cute as well.

That BOG lunch sounds awesome. I've got a breakfast ADR for my upcoming trip and I think I might get the croque madame.

And here I was, yours was the last TR before I was caught up on the last round of updates and you snuck in another update! :faint: Well at least I'll take a stab at the first update.

Which turned out to be a blurry cell phone picture.

Well since I'm commenting from my cell phone I can't really tell!

It was a nice little interaction.

Always nice to have those little magic moments with CMs.

We didn’t always have animals out there, but we did see a giraffe from time to time as well as some other animals and there was an ostrich that seemed to patrol that area most of the time.

Ah, I see that you had a view of the "people pens".

After I went through the detector and gathered my things, I saw something out of the corner of my eye and turned to see DD and niece had climbed out of the strollers and wandered off by themselves.

That must have been scary! Kids never pay attention.

I simply told them the stroller was staying with me until it was my turn to go through the detector and they didn’t really push the issue.

I would hope not!

Turns out, DS wanted to wear a blue band (his was green). That means he put on LG’s band instead of his that morning.

:faint: I have a bag of MBs that I bring on every trip so I can match them to my outfit. I can see why your son wouldn't as it's been a while since his last trip.

I asked him if he wanted to get a Star Wars Magic Band so that he could actually use an MB

That should have cheered him up!

So she stopped.

Right in front of me.

That can't have turned out good!

Niece wanted to do the carousel. As much as it killed me to do something like the carousel 20 minutes after RD, we decided that doing something she wants to do might be the best choice.

And that's the thing I'm learning as I'm reading another multi family TR with lots of kids under the age of 8. You can't always count on the kids to behave the way you want, so you have to be flexible.

I was on the app checking wait times and trying to formulate a plan since we were pretty much already scrapping the original plan at this point.

See? Flexible. :thumbsup2

DD, as always, enjoyed getting some princess time.

I'm glad she got to see her princesses!

Spoiler alert... we never got a chance to go back for Tiana and Rapunzel.

That's too bad.

DS and DD loved it as always. Niece tolerated it. I turned around and watched her for most of the ride and the look on her face was priceless, but it was clear that rollercoasters just aren’t her thing yet.

Sounds like lots of things were not her thing. That's too bad.

even though it was just after 10, it was July 9 and it was 5000% humidity and 300 degrees out.

Ugh. Which is why I totally try to avoid traveling at that time of year. At least to Florida. Alaska and the PNW are great!

While we had to scramble our plans a bit, I didn’t have to change any of our FPs up to this point. We had one for Tomorrowland Speedway that was coming up, so we headed that way. Since LG had fallen asleep, DW decided to make the ultimate sacrifice and sit this ride out.

Well that's good you didn't have to change any plans, but too bad DW had to sit it out.

I had us spinning as fast as I could.

I stopped when DD looked like she was going to lose her breakfast.

Which is precisely why I don't ride this ride!

Niece wasn’t exactly thrilled, but she wasn’t upset at all. Honestly, with her, indifference is about as good of a reaction as you can expect most of the time so I guess it was a huge success.

I guess when you set the bar low that ensures up being your expectation.

When it was finally time to check in for lunch, we headed towards the Beast’s castle off in the distance. We got to the stand to check in only to find out we were standing in line behind the representative of a dance group with a reservation for 32!

Yikes! Planning for that group must have been insane!

The line actually moved pretty well and it wasn’t long before we had ordered, were seated in the Library and waiting on our food.

Very goo!

DW hopped up and went over to him with our receipt. Thankfully she did because he had our food!

Aren't those little roses supposed to have some kind of GPS proximity tracker?

I went with the croque monsieur this time. I thought it might be a little bit lighter than the pork or beef on a hot day and I really liked it a lot. I’d be very tempted to get it again next time.

I love a good croque monsieur, but I haven't tried the one there. Someday....so many restaurants so little appetite! At least for me. I wish I could eat like I did when I was a teenager!

36104259914_e562565cc3_k.jpg
[/QUOTE] Love this pic all your faces are great.

I went over to find her while the kids played in the Casey Jr. splash area with the other kid, BiL.
because even though it was just after 10, it was July 9 and it was 5000% humidity and 300 degrees out.
:lmao:
Sounds like you guys had a great morning even with the change in plans.

All things considered, it seems like your day is going well! It's hard enough for me to keep on track with just my DH so I can only imagine :rotfl2:Your 7DMT photo is great! It's always great when there's a ride you can all enjoy. I've been trying to get a BOG lunch reservation since our 180 day mark - no luck yet!

I feel like your niece likes every other thing that you do. Didn't like Peter Pan, liked the carousel, didn't like the princesses, liked Dumbo, etc. There's definitely something you could do with that...

I love the princess pictures! So adorable!

Looking at the pictures, I definitely understand why you wanted as many rider swap passes as you could get for 7DMT. Definitely looks like you're having a good time! I love that in the second picture you and your wife have screaming face and the kids are smiling. It's kinda funny.

Bummer that the service was slow at BOG. I'm glad it didn't stop you from enjoying the food!

Niece tolerated it. I turned around and watched her for most of the ride and the look on her face was priceless, but it was clear that rollercoasters just aren’t her thing yet.
My DD went on Barnstormer when she was four. I was I had taken a picture of her face - total freak out. That's when we found out she is not a roller coaster fan. She's gotten a little better over the years and will go on 7DMT but that's it. I'm still hoping one day she'll agree to go on BTMRR with me.

We had one for Tomorrowland Speedway that was coming up, so we headed that way.
The Speedway gets a lot of flack and some are saying it should go away when Tron goes there (the drawings suggest its staying). But my kids have always enjoyed it and it's something I remember enjoying as a kid. I'd be disappointed if it was gone. Mind you they could switch to electric cars or something. The noise and smell are not the best.

Seriously… I can spin the crap out of a teacup, but Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at that other park makes me feel like I’m gonna hurl. Or die. Or maybe just wish I was dead.
Interesting. I have the opposite reaction. I think it's @Steppesister who calls them the Puke Cups, which fits with me. My girls enjoy them but I just can't go on.

As we were getting ready to enter the line a CM told us that the line for Cinderella and Elena, which was posted at 20 minutes, was actually no wait and shorter than the other line.

:woohoo: Score!

I started to explain to Sis and DW that they'd get to meet Cinderella at the castle and this might be the only chance they have to see Rapunzel and Tiana, but Cinderella won out.

Why would they listen to you? I mean, what do you know about Disney World?

Shocking! Good thing I was sitting down when I read that.

I went inside to get a Goofy glacier… because even though it was just after 10, it was July 9 and it was 5000% humidity and 300 degrees out.

It's the Happiest Place On Earth! ....in the 7th Circle of H-E-Double Hockey Sticks.

Since LG had fallen asleep, DW decided to make the ultimate sacrifice and sit this ride out.

She is truly noble.

Seriously… I can spin the crap out of a teacup, but Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at that other park makes me feel like I’m gonna hurl. Or die. Or maybe just wish I was dead.

Weirdo.

I have no idea if I would be ok on Forbidden Journey or not, but I used to be fine on the teacups...and now I'm not.

Honestly, with her, indifference is about as good of a reaction as you can expect most of the time so I guess it was a huge success.

Yay?

I think they like this ride.

I'd say so. Great photos!

Ok… I know we all rip on the taste of Disney water. But I’m telling you, when it is hot out and they have that water chilled in ice, it tastes pretty darn good. Really it is probably just so cold that it numbs the taste buds, but in any case, we really came to appreciate and take full advantage of the free cups of ice water.

Sadly, Julie will never know that feeling.

They must have been having some technical difficulties. The servers were walking around from table to table looking at receipts like they didn’t know where the food was supposed to go.

This is when you start stealing desserts.

The food was good as always. The kids actually ate really well this meal. I think they both chose the grilled cheese sandwiches. DW had the turkey and I went with the croque monsieur this time. I thought it might be a little bit lighter than the pork or beef on a hot day and I really liked it a lot. I’d be very tempted to get it again next time.

Glad you liked it. I had the croque monsieur when I went there, too. I thought it was...fine.

We sat and enjoyed our meals. LG gave us a bit of a challenge as we were unable to get a big table all together. He was going through a stage where it was nearly impossible to keep him in a high chair and he was just beginning to eat some table food. So DW and I ended up handing him back and forth feeding him a combination of baby food and French fries while trying to eat our own food. This is how it worked at most of our meals, but we were usually fortunate enough to have extra hands to help.

I know that feeling! We could never keep Drew in a high chair very long. I don't know if it's a 4th kid thing or what, but we just end up constantly trying to corral him.

I woke up early Sunday morning and headed down to the Mara to grab some breakfast.

And zebra domes???

On my way, I finally took a picture of the lobby.

Which turned out to be a blurry cell phone picture.

Sorry.

No apologies. It's still beautiful.

She was excited and said she usually asks people that question on their last day.

:laughing: She must've been so relieved to find someone who was happy and not morose.

there was an ostrich that seemed to patrol that area most of the time.

They have animals patrolling the area? How cool is that? Are they armed?

After I went through the detector and gathered my things, I saw something out of the corner of my eye and turned to see DD and niece had climbed out of the strollers and wandered off by themselves. I had to tell DW to stay with the stroller once she got through and I took off running to catch them. It kind of bothered me that they separated us from the kids, even if just temporarily and obviously security never had eyes on them while they had us distracted going through their security checks. I get why security is there and unfortunately is needed. But after this, I refused to push the stroller to the side for the rest of the trip until I had emptied my pockets and I was getting ready to step through the metal detector myself. I had a few security officers who didn’t seem to like the fact that I kept my stroller in the way of the line, but I simply told them the stroller was staying with me until it was my turn to go through the detector and they didn’t really push the issue.

:eek:

That is so not right! You don't separate parents from kids unless you can guarantee that the kids are protected and safe. Obviously not the case.

Turns out, DS wanted to wear a blue band (his was green). That means he put on LG’s band instead of his that morning. So it took a little bit of time, and I snapped at him for putting on the wrong band. I was in the wrong and probably a little too hard on him, but the CM who came to help got him a card to use for the day and it didn’t end up being a big deal.

:hug: We've all (well... all parents) been there. It happens.

I felt bad for getting on DS like I did when it was just a simple mistake, so I asked him if he wanted to get a Star Wars Magic Band so that he could actually use an MB instead of a card all day. We went into the Emporium and picked one out.

Excellent Dad move!

We did enjoy the show, it was nice, but it just didn’t have the same feel as the old show at the train station.

What? This is a thing now? I had no idea.

I try not to hit people with the stroller, but I wasn’t expecting that and got Mom good, knocking her shoe completely off her foot.

Whoa. you musta really slammed into her. Ouch!

Then of course, because it was so crowded it caused a chain reaction. Someone ran into the back of me and knocked our mister fan out of the pocket on my backpack causing the battery compartment to open and scattering the batteries on the pavement. So I then had to grab the pieces and batteries so that I could re-assemble it later.

Oh, man. I see an entire park full of guests all screeching to a halt.

I had to explain what happened and while I felt bad for running over Mom with the stroller, I wasn’t very happy.

:hug: Hoping the day gets a bit better!

We all enjoyed the ride.

Well, almost all of us. Niece didn’t care for it. It was her first ride, Tink is her favorite character so we thought this might be a hit with her… sadly it wasn’t. She didn’t cry or anything, but she just didn’t like it and kept saying she wanted to get off.

Too bad. It's such a great ride.

Niece wanted to do the carousel. As much as it killed me to do something like the carousel 20 minutes after RD, we decided that doing something she wants to do might be the best choice.

I always offer this advice. When travelling with small kids.... always remember who you're there for.

Ask me how many times in a row I did Aladdin's Carpets.

No... don't ask. I'll just tell you.

seven.

I asked Sis if she thought meeting princesses might be a good idea.

Is that ever a bad idea? :)

The line for Tiana and Rapunzel was only posted at 10 minutes.

Not bad! Although I suppose zero minutes trumps ten.

Awwww...

Princess fail. Obviously a fist bump.

DD, as always, enjoyed getting some princess time.

And from the photos... it shows!

Since rides that go in a circle seemed to work well for Niece, we decided to go give Dumbo a try.

:laughing: "Hey! I've been here before!... Hey! I've been here before!... Hey! I've been here before!..."

Niece tolerated it. I turned around and watched her for most of the ride and the look on her face was priceless,

:laughing:

I went inside to get a Goofy glacier… because even though it was just after 10, it was July 9 and it was 5000% humidity and 300 degrees out.

1. HOT!!!!
2. Never heard of it. (Googled) Sounds good! Might have to pick up one of those.

We had one for Tomorrowland Speedway that was coming up, so we headed that way. Since LG had fallen asleep, DW decided to make the ultimate sacrifice and sit this ride out.

:rolleyes:

Niece has always been very slow to warm up to anyone other than Sis, BiL and Mom… she’s not a fan of Dad, can’t stand me and was slow to interact with DW. It was nice, because by the end of the week she was having a lot of fun with all of us and not acting so shy and afraid of everyone.

Good for her!

You're a braver man than I am.

I stopped when DD looked like she was going to lose her breakfast.

... or a more foolish one! :laughing:

I'm the opposite. Although... I've been on teacups a couple times in recent years and survived, so... :confused3

By the end of the week, we’d have more Mickey shaped straws from lemonade slushes than you could ever imagine.

:laughing:

Those are some seriously excellent photos.

Ok… I know we all rip on the taste of Disney water. But I’m telling you, when it is hot out and they have that water chilled in ice, it tastes pretty darn good.

I wouldn't know. We did get a lot of free water... but I also brought drink crystals to put in it.

We got to the stand to check in only to find out we were standing in line behind the representative of a dance group with a reservation for 32!

Whoa.

I saw a CM come in with what looked like it might be our food and he turned the other way and started looking at receipts at a couple of tables. He didn’t find what he was looking for and started to turn to leave the library so DW hopped up and went over to him with our receipt. Thankfully she did because he had our food!

Way to go DW!

Still.... she shouldn't have to. They should have a better back up system than 'hunt and peck'.

So DW and I ended up handing him back and forth feeding him a combination of baby food and French fries while trying to eat our own food.

Been there too. :hug:

We had some cereal, breakfast bars, etc, but with the QSDP, we knew we’d have a few credits to use so I decided to fill our mugs and grab a breakfast platter for us to all share to supplement our other food.

That's a really good idea. I'm going to file that away for the future.

We talked a little bit about the changes taking place and she made a point to tell me how awesome the thought Flight of Passage is. It was a nice little interaction.

This was a real good way to start your day.

We met up with everyone a little bit after 7:30, a little later than we planned,

I'm actually impressed you got that many people ready by 7:30.

After I went through the detector and gathered my things, I saw something out of the corner of my eye and turned to see DD and niece had climbed out of the strollers and wandered off by themselves. I had to tell DW to stay with the stroller once she got through and I took off running to catch them. It kind of bothered me that they separated us from the kids, even if just temporarily and obviously security never had eyes on them while they had us distracted going through their security checks. I get why security is there and unfortunately is needed. But after this, I refused to push the stroller to the side for the rest of the trip until I had emptied my pockets and I was getting ready to step through the metal detector myself. I had a few security officers who didn’t seem to like the fact that I kept my stroller in the way of the line, but I simply told them the stroller was staying with me until it was my turn to go through the detector and they didn’t really push the issue.

I don't like this one bit. You did the right think by standing your groud after this mishap. Another tidbit I need to file away for February since we'll be traveling with a stroller for the first time in a very long time.

I started freaking out thinking it was an issue with MDE. They called a supervisor over and she scanned his band on her iPad and checked our account.

I would have totally freaked out too.

I felt bad for getting on DS like I did when it was just a simple mistake, so I asked him if he wanted to get a Star Wars Magic Band so that he could actually use an MB instead of a card all day

I hope he liked his new Magic Band. This was a good way to remedy the issue.

We did enjoy the show, it was nice, but it just didn’t have the same feel as the old show at the train station. The kids all enjoyed seeing the characters come out and it wasn’t a bad way to start the day.

I agree. I loved the train station welcome show.

Rough start, huh?

That was painful to read in more ways than one.

By the time we made it there, the posted wait was 15 minutes. We waited closer to 20, but at least we got to experience the queue without a 60+minute wait.

You did good. I consider this a win.

Our plan had been to go to Winnie the Pooh next, but decided that another dark ride might not be the best course of action. Niece wanted to do the carousel. As much as it killed me to do something like the carousel 20 minutes after RD, we decided that doing something she wants to do might be the best choice.

It's amazing how some of the rides we would think the kids would love are so dark. It's very easy to scare the little ones. Danielle was 3 for her first trip and Snow Whites Scary Adventure traumatized her.

Cue picture of LG

She had just finished and he had fallen asleep. I went inside to get a Goofy glacier… because even though it was just after 10, it was July 9 and it was 5000% humidity and 300 degrees out.
Is Florida hot?? :rotfl2:

While we had to scramble our plans a bit, I didn’t have to change any of our FPs up to this point. We had one for Tomorrowland Speedway that was coming up, so we headed that way. Since LG had fallen asleep, DW decided to make the ultimate sacrifice and sit this ride out.
She must have been so disappointed, I know I would have been :rotfl:

As any good dad should :thumbsup2

Niece wasn’t exactly thrilled, but she wasn’t upset at all. Honestly, with her, indifference is about as good of a reaction as you can expect most of the time so I guess it was a huge success.
:confused3 I guess it's better than her crying or being upset

Look at those smiles, I'd say it was a huge success

Ok… I know we all rip on the taste of Disney water. But I’m telling you, when it is hot out and they have that water chilled in ice, it tastes pretty darn good. Really it is probably just so cold that it numbs the taste buds, but in any case, we really came to appreciate and take full advantage of the free cups of ice water. Any time we’d go get a snack or even get meals we would ask for an extra few cups of ice water.
Okay this is brand new information is Disney water bad??? I planned on doing just this is Nov since I will be solo and can't finish a case of water by myself. Now I am scared it tastes bad, isn't it filtered??

The food was good as always. The kids actually ate really well this meal. I think they both chose the grilled cheese sandwiches. DW had the turkey and I went with the croque monsieur this time. I thought it might be a little bit lighter than the pork or beef on a hot day and I really liked it a lot. I’d be very tempted to get it again next time.
That's my fave I get it every time, glad you enjoyed it.

I'm enjoying this!! We have two kids (3rd on the way) and I can relate to the feeling that you had some great moments on the trip but were ready to go home by the time it was over. lol

this might be the only chance they have to see Rapunzel and Tiana, but Cinderella won out.

always a bit of foreshadowing......when the planner is trying to give advice.

And there it is. Sorry DD did not get to meet them, I'm sure she really enjoyed meeting the other princesses.

This one went over well. She really seemed to enjoy it as did LG.

I mean - it's dumbo....what's not to love?

it was 5000% humidity and 300 degrees out.

Finally! Someone that gets it. My DH always says I exaggerate - I have to show him your post. I do not see myself booking a trip to any part of the country with heat/humidity like this.

As you should - kids remember how fun it is when dad spins fast.

Anyway, the kids loved it. My legs were jelly and I could hardly find the exit afterwards, but it was a good time.

You rode it properly.

She insisted so we went under the sea!

hmmm....I might rethink a trip with family members.

I think they like this ride.

Love this ride - your kids look like they are having a great time.

reservation for 32!

:eek::faint:

The kids were getting impatient and hungry.

I am fortunate to not have to worry about this.

Cute pics with Cinderella & Elena. I'm sorry you never did get to the other side of the hall though.
Well, I can't say that I was terribly disappointed in missing out on a few princesses, and I don't think DD knew she missed out on any, but I know she would have enjoyed it had we done it.

Great pics of you guys on SDMT! Looks like you're having a blast!
It isn't necessarily my favorite, but the kids love it and it is fun.

Stinks about the slow service at BOG but glad the food was good!
We always enjoy the food there!

Joining in. Enjoying your TR so far! :thumbsup2
Thanks for joining!!!

Trying to get lunch at BOG for our impromptu Nov. trip... no luck yet. We usually enjoy the food and atmosphere here as well!! :goodvibes
Just keep trying... something might open up! Good luck!

It seems like, even playing it by ear, you were able to accomplish some good Fantasyland rides! Dumbo is so precious. And your Mine Train pictures were cute as well.
Yeah, honestly we planned on doing most of those things anyway, we just had to veer from our plans a bit. Really, I'd say we replaced Pooh with carousel and princesses. Otherwise, we'd have probably ended up doing mostly the same things.

That BOG lunch sounds awesome. I've got a breakfast ADR for my upcoming trip and I think I might get the croque madame.
It really was good. I've never been disappointed by the food there yet.

And here I was, yours was the last TR before I was caught up on the last round of updates and you snuck in another update! :faint: Well at least I'll take a stab at the first update.
Sorry...:duck:

Well since I'm commenting from my cell phone I can't really tell!
Good! Don't look at it on a larger screen!

Always nice to have those little magic moments with CMs.
::yes::

Ah, I see that you had a view of the "people pens".
::yes:: :rotfl2: You're right! But some animals did come to watch the people, apparently!

That must have been scary! Kids never pay attention.
That's the truth

I would hope not!
They really need to take a look at how they manage that aspect of the security line. I didn't necessarily like going through security, although I get it. It did keep us from leaving the park a few times that we'd have liked to just because we didn't want to hassle with it again. But overall this is the only aspect that I will really complain about. They need to have a better way to contain kids and strollers if they aren't sending them through the detectors with their parents.

:faint: I have a bag of MBs that I bring on every trip so I can match them to my outfit. I can see why your son wouldn't as it's been a while since his last trip.
Well, we had 2 resort reservations on this trip and therefore each had 2 MBs. He just took his brothers and I didn't even realize it. We didn't even unpack our second set of bands.

That should have cheered him up!

That can't have turned out good!
No... it didn't. :sad2:

And that's the thing I'm learning as I'm reading another multi family TR with lots of kids under the age of 8. You can't always count on the kids to behave the way you want, so you have to be flexible.
Flexibility and kids goes hand in hand... Always changing your plans.

See? Flexible. :thumbsup2

I'm glad she got to see her princesses!
She did enjoy it!

That's too bad.
It didn't ruin my trip, but I'm sure she'd have enjoyed them.

Sounds like lots of things were not her thing. That's too bad.
That's just her personality... :rotfl2:

Ugh. Which is why I totally try to avoid traveling at that time of year. At least to Florida. Alaska and the PNW are great!
Honestly, it wasn't all that bad. We have oddly high humidity here and it was hotter the week we returned home than it was while we were in Florida. But being in the park all day just leaves you more exposed to it so we just made sure to hit up the cool drinks and free water to keep cool and it really worked. It wasn't all that bad and I'd be happy to go back with similar weather to what we experienced.

Well that's good you didn't have to change any plans, but too bad DW had to sit it out.
Oh yeah, she was devastated! :rolleyes1

Which is precisely why I don't ride this ride!
Well, you don't have to spin it like that!

I guess when you set the bar low that ensures up being your expectation.
::yes:: :rotfl2:

Yikes! Planning for that group must have been insane!
I can't even imagine! I think it was some kind of a dance team or something. Tween girls. Even worse!!! :scared1:

Aren't those little roses supposed to have some kind of GPS proximity tracker?
I don't know if it is GPS or more likely through the rfid signal, but yes. Clearly something must have been inoperable. They seemed to be able to find the room that you were in, but it clearly wasn't taking them right to the table like usual.

I love a good croque monsieur, but I haven't tried the one there. Someday....so many restaurants so little appetite! At least for me. I wish I could eat like I did when I was a teenager!
I know! So many good places to eat with great things to try!

Love this pic all your faces are great.
Thanks!

:lmao:
Sounds like you guys had a great morning even with the change in plans.
Yeah, we really did make the best of it. Most of it was stuff that we'd have done anyway, we just had to do some shuffling.

All things considered, it seems like your day is going well!

It's hard enough for me to keep on track with just my DH so I can only imagine :rotfl2:Your 7DMT photo is great! It's always great when there's a ride you can all enjoy.
Thanks! They really love that ride!

I've been trying to get a BOG lunch reservation since our 180 day mark - no luck yet!
Good luck! Hopefully something will open up for you!

I feel like your niece likes every other thing that you do. Didn't like Peter Pan, liked the carousel, didn't like the princesses, liked Dumbo, etc. There's definitely something you could do with that...
No, there's no rhyme or reason to anything with her. I love her, but she's just difficult. :rotfl:

I love the princess pictures! So adorable!
Thanks! They're always a hit with DD.

Looking at the pictures, I definitely understand why you wanted as many rider swap passes as you could get for 7DMT. Definitely looks like you're having a good time! I love that in the second picture you and your wife have screaming face and the kids are smiling. It's kinda funny.
I was trying to play it up and be silly for the kids. I enjoy it but not nearly as much as they do. :lmao:

Bummer that the service was slow at BOG. I'm glad it didn't stop you from enjoying the food!
Not at all... the food was delicious as usual.

My DD went on Barnstormer when she was four. I was I had taken a picture of her face - total freak out. That's when we found out she is not a roller coaster fan. She's gotten a little better over the years and will go on 7DMT but that's it. I'm still hoping one day she'll agree to go on BTMRR with me.
:rotfl2: Good luck with that!

The Speedway gets a lot of flack and some are saying it should go away when Tron goes there (the drawings suggest its staying). But my kids have always enjoyed it and it's something I remember enjoying as a kid. I'd be disappointed if it was gone. Mind you they could switch to electric cars or something. The noise and smell are not the best.
Yeah, it appears that it will stay as it seems like Tron is actually going on the outside of the railroad track. And while I make fun of the ride and it is far from my favorite, kids love it and I'd hate to see Disney lose another "family" ride for the addition of another height requirement big kid attraction. (I realize the speedway has a height requirement too, but you know what I mean)

Interesting. I have the opposite reaction. I think it's @Steppesister who calls them the Puke Cups, which fits with me. My girls enjoy them but I just can't go on.
If the ride was much longer... probably not. But I can handle the spinning in short bursts. :rotfl2::rotfl:

Why would they listen to you? I mean, what do you know about Disney World?
Clearly not much!

Shocking! Good thing I was sitting down when I read that.
Oh, thank goodness! I should be more careful and give a warning next time!

It's the Happiest Place On Earth! ....in the 7th Circle of H-E-Double Hockey Sticks.
:rotfl2: No... it isn't nearly as humid there. It's more of a dry heat than Florida.

She is truly noble.
Moms always make the sacrifices like that.

Weirdo.

I have no idea if I would be ok on Forbidden Journey or not, but I used to be fine on the teacups...and now I'm not.
I can understand that. I have to be careful about how/when I do it. The teacups is a short ride so it isn't too bad. Now if it were longer, I'd probably have issues.

That's her attitude.

I'd say so. Great photos!
Thanks!

Sadly, Julie will never know that feeling.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

This is when you start stealing desserts.
Honestly, we had them walk up to our table with 2 cupcakes while we were eating and ask if they were ours. I had one of those old cartoon moments where it was like I had the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other before the angel finally won out and I told them no.

Glad you liked it. I had the croque monsieur when I went there, too. I thought it was...fine.
Well... well... ok, yeah I guess it is a croque monsieur. It is what it is. It's not particularly special, but it definitely hit the spot. I liked it.

I know that feeling! We could never keep Drew in a high chair very long. I don't know if it's a 4th kid thing or what, but we just end up constantly trying to corral him.
Well, this is our 3rd and he just won't sit. Although yesterday at lunch he sat and ate really well. So who knows?

And zebra domes???
It's breakfast! Patience!

No apologies. It's still beautiful.
Well, the lobby is, the picture could use some help.

:laughing: She must've been so relieved to find someone who was happy and not morose.
I think she was!

hey have animals patrolling the area? How cool is that? Are they armed?
I tried not to find out...

:eek:

That is so not right! You don't separate parents from kids unless you can guarantee that the kids are protected and safe. Obviously not the case.
Yeah, they basically asked us to push the stroller off to the right side of the detector where 2 security guards stood with their backs to where the strollers were while watching the detector as you walked through. Not a good set up at all.

:hug: We've all (well... all parents) been there. It happens.

Excellent Dad move!
Well, it saved me from having to keep track of a card all day too.

What? This is a thing now? I had no idea.
::yes:: An opening show at the castle instead of the train station.

Whoa. you musta really slammed into her. Ouch!

Oh, man. I see an entire park full of guests all screeching to a halt.
That's pretty much how it happened. I'm just glad I didn't get trampled.

:hug: Hoping the day gets a bit better!
It should!

Too bad. It's such a great ride.

I always offer this advice. When travelling with small kids.... always remember who you're there for.

Ask me how many times in a row I did Aladdin's Carpets.

No... don't ask. I'll just tell you.

seven.
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Is that ever a bad idea? :)
If I'm there by myself, yeah.

Not bad! Although I suppose zero minutes trumps ten.

She's happy.

Princess fail. Obviously a fist bump.
She just doesn't get it. I'm just impressed that he reached out toward her.

And from the photos... it shows!

:laughing: "Hey! I've been here before!... Hey! I've been here before!... Hey! I've been here before!..."
Seven times, right?

1. HOT!!!!
2. Never heard of it. (Googled) Sounds good! Might have to pick up one of those.
I'll be honest, I thought I'd get them several times but only got one this trip. For a few reasons, one, the cup was way smaller this time than I remember in the past. Two, they had frozen lemonade in various flavors for sale all over the parks and they're virtually the same thing (maybe just a different flavor) and I didn't have to go out of my way for them. So that's what we settled for most of the time if we wanted something cool for a snack.

Good for her!
It was good to get that time with her and allow her to open up to us a little more. She's really shy and reserved which is a big part of why I think she was just overwhelmed and didn't seem to like anything at first.

You're a braver man than I am.
I know.

... or a more foolish one! :laughing:
I know.

I'm the opposite. Although... I've been on teacups a couple times in recent years and survived, so... :confused3
I think most can probably handle the teacups, because it really doesn't last very long. If you don't spin your cup it isn't too bad.

Those are some seriously excellent photos.
Thanks!

wouldn't know. We did get a lot of free water... but I also brought drink crystals to put in it.
Honestly, we packed some flavor drops to put in it. We used them some, but most of the time it was more of a hassle to pull them out of the bag, take the lid off the cup and squirt it in there. I'd just grab a cold cup of water and chug it and be done.

Not just 32 people... 32 tweens.

No thanks.

Way to go DW!

Still.... she shouldn't have to. They should have a better back up system than 'hunt and peck'.
One would think...

Been there too. :hug:
::yes:: Its part of being a parent.

That's a really good idea. I'm going to file that away for the future.
There are just so many things on those platters! You can get some protein and something with some substance to go along with cereal or other easy to transport breakfast items and if you share you can really spread the cost around.

This was a real good way to start your day.
::yes:: Always nice to chat with a friendly CM!

I'm actually impressed you got that many people ready by 7:30.
Well, when you tell them 7:15, it makes it easier to get closer to your actual goal of 7:30. :rolleyes1

I don't like this one bit. You did the right think by standing your groud after this mishap. Another tidbit I need to file away for February since we'll be traveling with a stroller for the first time in a very long time.
Now, I found that not every park made us all go through the metal detector. There were times that they were sending everyone through, but then allowed me to bypass it with the stroller and there were other times that they'd allow most of the rest of our group to bypass it and then would single me out. Those were easy because I'd just give the stroller to someone else. But it did make it frustrating. We planned to leave the parks more than we ended up doing just because we didn't want to hassle with going through security an extra time so we'd just try to get LG to nap in the stroller or being held.

I would have totally freaked out too.
::yes:: It isn't like the system has been perfectly flawless to the point that it inspires total confidence. :rolleyes1

hope he liked his new Magic Band. This was a good way to remedy the issue.

I agree. I loved the train station welcome show.
I definitely miss it, although I understand the change. This is closer to how they do it in Disneyland only they don't even really do a show there, so I think the change seems to fit.

That was painful to read in more ways than one.

You did good. I consider this a win.
Yeah, it could have been much worse... but we also should have been there a few minutes quicker!! :rotfl:

It's amazing how some of the rides we would think the kids would love are so dark. It's very easy to scare the little ones. Danielle was 3 for her first trip and Snow Whites Scary Adventure traumatized her.
I am told that I was terrified of that one when I was 3. I clearly don't remember. :rotfl2:

Cue picture of LG
Thanks!

Is Florida hot?? :rotfl2:
It depends on the wind chill... :rolleyes1

She must have been so disappointed, I know I would have been :rotfl:
I don't think I've been forgiven for riding without her yet.

As any good dad should :thumbsup2
Gotta have some fun with them!

:confused3 I guess it's better than her crying or being upset
She's just really shy and apprehensive about nearly everything. Not crying and upset is good, but that's just kind of how she is.

Look at those smiles, I'd say it was a huge success

Okay this is brand new information is Disney water bad??? I planned on doing just this is Nov since I will be solo and can't finish a case of water by myself. Now I am scared it tastes bad, isn't it filtered??
I don't really think it is that bad. But I've seen a lot of people complain about the flavor of tap water in central FL. I think it has some higher sulfur content as well as some other things that give it a bit of a bad flavor, but it really didn't bother me. I think it is even more tolerable when it is cold like that and you're thirsty anyway. If you've ever had a glass of water with a meal at a restaurant there, that's what it is, so if you don't remember being disgusted and spitting it out, you'll probably be ok.

On the off chance that the water will disgust you to the point that you don't want it, you can always take some flavoring to put in it.

That's my fave I get it every time, glad you enjoyed it.
First time I've tried it, but it really hit the spot!

Enjoying reading along. Kids are a joy but oh what a challenge at times
::yes:: You speak the truth.

I'm enjoying this!! We have two kids (3rd on the way) and I can relate to the feeling that you had some great moments on the trip but were ready to go home by the time it was over. lol
Yeah, it was more stressful on me. It felt like it flew by and I just didn't have as many of those opportunities to just step back and enjoy being in the moment.

always a bit of foreshadowing......when the planner is trying to give advice.
What do I know anyway?

And there it is. Sorry DD did not get to meet them, I'm sure she really enjoyed meeting the other princesses.
It was ok. I don't think she even realized she missed out on anything, but I know she'd have enjoyed it.

I mean - it's dumbo....what's not to love?
Right!

Finally! Someone that gets it. My DH always says I exaggerate - I have to show him your post. I do not see myself booking a trip to any part of the country with heat/humidity like this.
Ok, you don't exaggerate. It is hot and humid. But honestly, we knew we were going in July, we dressed appropriately and planned for the heat. And it really wasn't that big of a deal. We came home to a heat wave and we commented several times that it felt hotter at home when we returned than it was the whole time we were in Disney World.

Granted it wasn't a huge heat wave while we were there, but temps were at least in the low 90's every day.

As you should - kids remember how fun it is when dad spins fast.

You rode it properly.
I'm glad you approve!

mmm....I might rethink a trip with family members.
It is fun... There are a lot of good things about it, but it does come with it's own challenges.

Love this ride - your kids look like they are having a great time.

I am fortunate to not have to worry about this.
Which part... kids or getting impatient or hungry? Because you can take kids out of the equation and sometimes DW or I can be really impatient or hungry too! :rotfl2:

It's breakfast! Patience!

Zebra Domes are too, breakfast food!!!!

Well, the lobby is, the picture could use some help.

:rolleyes1
<studiously avoids commenting.>

I tried not to find out...

smart

Yeah, they basically asked us to push the stroller off to the right side of the detector where 2 security guards stood with their backs to where the strollers were while watching the detector as you walked through. Not a good set up at all.

:sad2:

Well, it saved me from having to keep track of a card all day too.

Ah! So it was for your own personal gain!

That's a Dad move too. ;)

Ohh..... shut it.

She just doesn't get it. I'm just impressed that he reached out toward her.

I'll be honest, I thought I'd get them several times but only got one this trip. For a few reasons, one, the cup was way smaller this time than I remember in the past. Two, they had frozen lemonade in various flavors for sale all over the parks and they're virtually the same thing (maybe just a different flavor) and I didn't have to go out of my way for them. So that's what we settled for most of the time if we wanted something cool for a snack.

This is good to know.
Although I don't think it will be as hot in November.

I think most can probably handle the teacups, because it really doesn't last very long. If you don't spin your cup it isn't too bad.

We spun.... rotten kid wouldn't not let me spin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter