Disney Hotel Passport check for child/infant (2yo vs 3yo booking)

HappyHammer

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Has anyone had any recent experience of checking in a 2 year old or 3 year old at any of the Disney hotels? One of our kids turn 3 days before our only possible trip dates next year and the difference between booking an infant (2yo) vs a child (3yo) is quite significant. Does anyone know how strict the passport check at hotel check-in is with relation to this as we are not sure what to book for the best. We are not worried about the youngest missing out on any potential half board options. We know they will still get passes into the park so it's just about the check in procedure really.

Thanks!

So you want know how likely you are to get caught lying about your kid’s age? Great role model.

When I check in with more than 1 person, they have never asked for the IDs of the other people, but I do not know how that is for children, especially around this age where it makes a difference in price. I don't think it's just check in, it's in ticket price as well, even when it's included within package. Children under the age of 3 have free admission. They don't get a ticket, from 3 - 11 it will say Child, I believe.

I suggest you do not do it, as with everything you will be concerned whether or not they will follow the rules are look away. If CM does look away, it doesn't mean the next one will. do the same. These kind of tricks are usually not worth the stress to me. Each parent with children go through this, it's something you have to live with.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply Karin. Tbh even if 10 of you had said it was fine I still probably wouldn't have risked so this may have been a pointless thread but just wanted to see as it could be the difference between us going or not.

As for MikeOhio's not so helpful reply, whilst I agree in some ways and would never usually consider this, we are restricted to school holidays as we don't like to take out kids out of school like some parents. Its a matter of days and her being 2 or 3 does not make any difference to her experience. However, judging my role model credentials seems a bit rich coming from someone who according to their messages on here seems to promote things such as more booze in the parks. I wish you luck with your squeeky clean life and patronising posts to threads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!