Disney Hotel Prices are Out of Control!

Just for the record I switched from WL to Pop in order to get a rate I was comfortable with. I did not have confidence that a discount would come out for Thanksgiving week. The AP discount saves me $20 a night, but I was willing to take anything at that point. I was honestly shocked it dropped. I hate paying full price for anything, but I was willing to pay it in order to make this trip. I don't have a discount at Hard Rock, but we did get a deal on Uni tickets.

I am at the mercy of school schedules now and cannot go just any old time. I'm stuck with peak season.

I agree prices are too high, but what fine hotels near Disney World are $60 per night?
The ones that charge an hourly rate... lol 60 a night? No fine ones for that. With codes you can get the Values for 119-129 in May - Year after year.
Off site? I wont say we would never, but it would have to save some big $$ to do that.

The ones that charge an hourly rate... lol 60 a night? No fine ones for that. With codes you can get the Values for 119-129 in May - Year after year.
Off site? I wont say we would never, but it would have to save some big $$ to do that.

I used to stay at the Values and loved them. Won't stay there after the room refurbs. Too sterile for me. Finding out about Bonnet Creek was what changed my mind about staying "on site".

I haven’t stayed at a value post refurb, only stayed once at Pop years ago and didn’t like the small room or lack of sound proofing. I don’t think that’s changed. Won’t return. Have stayed in 4 of the buildings at Wyndham Bonnet Creek in 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms with friends and family and solo many times starting in 2008. It’s wonderful, not the Poly, but for me it’s got a similar relaxing vibe at less than the price of Pop.

You know Universal charges a lot less for much nicer hotels.
They may be cheaper but I don't find them nicer than Disney hotels. Not when the hard rock hotel had leaking windows in our room and the staff really could care less about it.

You know Universal charges a lot less for much nicer hotels.
No, There is zero comparison to Universal and WDW or DLR. I'll gladly pay more to stay at Disney. IMHO, Pop is as nice as Universal hotels. Its a no comparison non issue. Now, if folks like Universal and would rather go there..good. But, I'll work overtime to always goto WDW or DLR. To me, There is no substitute.
Heck, Kings Island or Cedar Point in Ohio is better than Universal. And with nice hotels.... Universal is just a six flags in a warm climate.

DL is such a great destination due to literally a TON of under 100.00 hotels within a mile of DLR. If someone has issues with WDW resort prices...head to DL. Its Disneys best park and honestly, We have been going west more than south here lately. Not due to resort prices..but due to the absolute perfection of DLR.
I will say however,DL Hotel has been the nicest Disney Hotel we have ever stayed in. That includes the Contemporary. The DL Hotel is just Disneys best.

Last edited:
No, There is zero comparison to Universal and WDW or DLR. I'll gladly pay more to stay at Disney. IMHO, Pop is as nice as Universal hotels. Its a no comparison non issue. Now, if folks like Universal and would rather go there..good. But, I'll work overtime to always goto WDW or DLR. To me, There is no substitute.
Heck, Kings Island or Cedar Point in Ohio is better than Universal. And with nice hotels.... Universal is just a six flags in a warm climate.

Is this sarcasm? If not, it's just so wrong, I couldn't even imagine where to begin.

It will for sure depend on perspective and preference for folks but I tend to hear quite a lot of positive things about Universal's hotels.

I love both, but yes, Universal hotels are awesome. Nobody beats Disney when it comes to theme, but for quality, niceness of the room, cleanliness, service, and perks, Universal hotels are better.

This is one reason why I am SO happy that we got a timeshare property 5 mins from the parking lot. I priced out staying a week at All Star Movies for my upcoming trip and, for ONE person, with a 5 day hopper and deluxe dining plan I am looking at over $3000! I have my timeshare booked for two weeks, have a 9 day hopper pass, 5 day park to park at Uni, and 1 day at Busch Gardens plus flight plus rental car has been $2980. Granted I don't have a dining plan, and will have to buy food/booze for the timeshare and pay for parking everyday, I plan on spending another $2500 for food, cash money, etc....... I would love to stay on property again (stayed at Contemporary when I was 12 when we bought the timeshare) but at these prices?!!? They are crazy...

I used to stay at the Values and loved them. Won't stay there after the room refurbs. Too sterile for me. Finding out about Bonnet Creek was what changed my mind about staying "on site".

I don't want the hassle of renting a car and paying to park every day at the parks. I won't have APs in the future. Big reason we stay onsite is for transportation.

I don't want the hassle of renting a car and paying to park every day at the parks. I won't have APs in the future. Big reason we stay onsite is for transportation.

Honestly, renting a car was easy. Paying to park was crappy, but $250 over 10 days was less than we would have spent to stay at an official Disney hotel. We needed a car anyways on this last trip for the other places we were going. I did miss the Disney buses and parking at the TTC to get to the Magic Kingdom was terrible.

Out of curiosity I looked at discounted rooms on Disney’s site for our dates (we’re renting at BWV). A discounted room at POR, not sure what category it was) is about $30 a night more than we’re paying for a BWV studio. Wow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter