Disney in the summer?

-_Stitch-Up-Scrump_-

Mouseketeer
I was thinking of doing ten days at Disney World around the beginning of June. I wanted to know how bad the crowds and weather were, and if you would recommend going?

I live in FL, I'm a teacher, so I'm locked in to breaks and summer for going to Disney. I'll be there on June 2nd this year and have read the beginning of June isn't bad at all crowd wise. As far as weather, that too is a good time. Not as hot or humid. It rains quite a bit,but that's a given here in FL in the summer.

it's Disney! Of course I recommend going! If that time works for you then go for it!

Lets face it its always a bit crowded although in recent years crowds have been shifting more towards fall.

June/July/August/September are hot hot hot and humid and rainy.

I've been once in June, once in July (second time coming up), a number of times in August, and a couple times in September.
Its really not too bad.
You sweat just walking from your room to the bus stop but then you get on the nice AC bus. Then you sweat walking from one attraction to the other but then in line you're either in AC or at least the shade. Then you sweat walking from an attraction to a restaurant and then you're in the AC while you eat.
I think there's enough of a balance that you're never too hot for too long.
We went in December this past time and it was COLD. I mean down right COLD as in my nose was frozen and I was shivering and needed to buy a zip up hoodie to wear over the one I already had on.
I'm glad I'm going in July this time lol.

Lets face it its always a bit crowded although in recent years crowds have been shifting more towards fall.

June/July/August/September are hot hot hot and humid and rainy.

I've been once in June, once in July (second time coming up), a number of times in August, and a couple times in September.
Its really not too bad.
You sweat just walking from your room to the bus stop but then you get on the nice AC bus. Then you sweat walking from one attraction to the other but then in line you're either in AC or at least the shade. Then you sweat walking from an attraction to a restaurant and then you're in the AC while you eat.
I think there's enough of a balance that you're never too hot for too long.
We went in December this past time and it was COLD. I mean down right COLD as in my nose was frozen and I was shivering and needed to buy a zip up hoodie to wear over the one I already had on.
I'm glad I'm going in July this time lol.

Well BOO, I have heard it's pretty mild in December. We've gone late September and about DIED. I have plans for leggings and tees and just light jackets for us :/

Well BOO, I have heard it's pretty mild in December. We've gone late September and about DIED. I have plans for leggings and tees and just light jackets for us :/
I've been in late November and December many times. It is usually pretty mild but not hot. This time it just happened to be cold. My parents were there the week before and one day they messaged that it was 34 and sunny meanwhile it was 34 and snowing here.
I had plans for leggings and tees during the day and a light jacket for the early mornings and evenings as per what I would usually do that time of year and I found myself cold. One day it got to 60 for about 10 minutes but it was a raw 60 with the breeze. That evening it was in the 40's with wind chills in the 30's
I live in Buffalo NY area so that isn't too bad but normally I'm wearing a winter coat and not walking around in it all day.
Hope its warm for your trip.

We have been 3 times in the last 4 years End July- beginning of August.
We are there again this year first 2 weeks in August.

It can become quite uncomfortable in the direct heat.
We always try to jump in & out of the A/C stores at the parks. This helps us during our trips.
The afternoon downpours we find bring a little comfort just before the humidity then kicks back in.
We have struggled with heat a little, being from the UK, but we do take time out from the parks.

Unfortunately the wife is limited to UK school terms, so we have to go during the busier times.
But next year she retires & we will be looking at trips out side the normal school holidays & hopefully a little milder.

Our first trip in 2006 was in mid June and it was what I felt was scorching. Last November we pulled my son out of school for our trip and it floated between warm to pretty darn cold. In saying that we are in the process of buying DVC so accepting the fact that we will go regularly it is probably not wise to pull our children out of school so frequently so will shoot for early June as well. I have read the crowds are shifting away a bit from then (I am sure will change with Galaxy’s Edge) but at least it won’t be the apex of summer heat. I say definitely go and just remember to stay hydrated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter