Disney Infinity 2.0 Edition

My 6 yo. Daughter started playing 1.0 at 5 and loved it! She's an old pro at it by now. It is very much like Skylanders from what others that have played both has told me. You're on the right track about what is needed to play 2 player cooperatively (split screen). Both character figures must be from the same playset, as in, Avengers characters can play in the Avengers playset, Guardians characters can play in the Guardians playset, etc, however, the game designers have said there will be some characters that can crossover into other (multiple) playsets. From what I've heard, the likes of at least Spider-Man will be able to play in both Spider-man's playset and the Avengers playset. I'm sure more crossover characters will be announced in the near future. The good news (to some) this time is that the 3 characters in the starter pack all belong in the same playset (Avengers), so you won't have to go buy a 4th character separately before playing cooperatively. The split screen is left and right (not top and bottom) for this game, at least it was for 1.0, and my daughters and I have no major complaints with it. My daughters 3 and 6 still beg to play this daily. We have ALL of the 1.0 figures and they love switching them out and building and playing in the worlds they created. I'd say if your son loves Skylanders, he should love this, especially if he's at all a Marvel Superhero fan. Hope this helps! What console does he play Skylanders on, or which console are you considering buying DI 2.0 on?

Thanks SO much, you have been very helpful!!!!!! If I buy the new version, can you still play with the other Disney characters? I too have a 6yo. And 3yo. (G/B) although they are familiar with the Avengers characters, they aren't all that into them just yet. I want to make sure that if they wanted to play with Monsters Inc. or Cars characters, they will be able to still play boards with them and not just that toy box mode. Do we have to buy those disks? We have Xbox 360. Thanks again!

Thanks SO much, you have been very helpful!!!!!! If I buy the new version, can you still play with the other Disney characters? I too have a 6yo. And 3yo. (G/B) although they are familiar with the Avengers characters, they aren't all that into them just yet. I want to make sure that if they wanted to play with Monsters Inc. or Cars characters, they will be able to still play boards with them and not just that toy box mode. Do we have to buy those disks? We have Xbox 360. Thanks again!

If you want them to be able to play in the Playsets from 1.0, you will need to buy Disney Infinity 1.0 (disc, starter pack is the only way to get this disc). If they want to play 2.0 playsets, you'll need to buy 2.0 as well. At launch, the only way to get 2.0 will be via the starter pack, but coming shortly thereafter (November, I believe, there will be an option to upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0 digitally (assuming you're upgrading on same console platform, 360=360).

But let me expound on this a bit more. ALL 1.0 figures and Powerdiscs will be compatible with 2.0, but that doesn't include the Playsets from 1.0, however, when you place a 1.0 playset piece on the platform while playing 2.0, it will unlock all of the toys associated with that playset, whether they were unlocked in-game or not (from playing 1.0)

Once side note I'll mention about 2.0. Thus far the only figures announced to have playsets (not just toy box play) are ALL Marvel characters. This may change but as of now every Disney "Legend" figure that's been announced is Toy Box play only.

Legend Figures announced so far:
Tinkerbell
Stitch
Aladdin
Jasmine
Maleficent
Merida
Donald Duck

If you want the list of Marvel characters just ask and I'll list all those that have been announced so far in a reply.

A good source of information on all things Infinity for me has been www.infinityinquirer.com. Check it out if you'd like. The creator of the site is doing weekly giveaways leading up to the launch of 2.0, I actually won last week's!

You're very welcome!

One last bit of great information. Start 8/17 Target will have the 1.0 starter pack for $30! This is a steal for the game. You will still need to buy some other characters for 2 player co-op because the starter pack gives a 3-in-1 playset piece, with 3 figures, but each figure belongs to one of the 3 playsets. Sully (Monster's Inc.), Captain Jack (Pirate of the Caribbean) and Mr. Incredible (The Incredibles). There is a sidekicks 3-pack that gives you a 2nd figure for each of the starter figures, this may be the best (cheapest) way to dip your kids toes in the game. The sidekicks pack gives you Mike Wazowski (Monsters), Capt Barbossa (Pirates) and Mrs. Incredible (Incredibles).

I'm gonna go give my fingers a rest now, haha. Hope this helps as well!

Article about $30 Target sale
http://infinityinquirer.com/2014/08/10/disney-infinity-starter-pack-for-30-at-target-starting-817/

DISNEY INFINITY Figure 3-Pack: Sidekicks
http://amzn.com/B00BT2BFGG

If you want them to be able to play in the Playsets from 1.0, you will need to buy Disney Infinity 1.0 (disc, starter pack is the only way to get this disc). If they want to play 2.0 playsets, you'll need to buy 2.0 as well. At launch, the only way to get 2.0 will be via the starter pack, but coming shortly thereafter (November, I believe, there will be an option to upgrade from 1.0 to 2.0 digitally (assuming you're upgrading on same console platform, 360=360).

But let me expound on this a bit more. ALL 1.0 figures and Powerdiscs will be compatible with 2.0, but that doesn't include the Playsets from 1.0, however, when you place a 1.0 playset piece on the platform while playing 2.0, it will unlock all of the toys associated with that playset, whether they were unlocked in-game or not (from playing 1.0)

Once side note I'll mention about 2.0. Thus far the only figures announced to have playsets (not just toy box play) are ALL Marvel characters. This may change but as of now every Disney "Legend" figure that's been announced is Toy Box play only.

Legend Figures announced so far:
Tinkerbell
Stitch
Aladdin
Jasmine
Maleficent
Merida
Donald Duck

If you want the list of Marvel characters just ask and I'll list all those that have been announced so far in a reply.

A good source of information on all things Infinity for me has been www.infinityinquirer.com. Check it out if you'd like. The creator of the site is doing weekly giveaways leading up to the launch of 2.0, I actually won last week's!

You're very welcome!

Wow you're so knowledgeable about this game!!!! Thanks so much for all your wonderful info!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking of just pre-ordering the newer game, but for $30, I might just start with 1.0 and see if they even like it!! Then I can always get the new version for Christmas!( I'll see if I'm lucky enough to get my hands on one.) I'm going to definitely check out the website. Thank you so much again! :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter