Disney Infinity musings

WDW Crawl

Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction
So I'm a married guy without children and find myself debating on whether or not I would play this and if it is worth it.

To be honest I wish it were already announced for the PS4 since one of those is inbound to the house, and I'd probably throw this in with it. Buying it on wii u may happen, but also considering the PS3 (I've got all the systems).

Can't decide if I would find it as enjoyable as a "grown up" game like say Red Dead Redemption or Battlefield 3, or even games like Mario Kart and Zelda. I tried Skylanders and was pretty bored after a couple levels. Very easy and could spot the "cash grab" spots, which annoyed me.

I just ordered mine and will have it on Sunday. It looks like so much fun!

my 6 year old LOVES skylanders, this seems similar. I have to say the graphics are kinda not up to skylanders. And I dont know how to play any of them lol. I sse this for christmas.

Take back what I said about graphics, as I watch the team play they are looking much better than the intro! My 6 year old will love this.

Also my son is all about the "mystery" packs. We buy angry bird mystery, lego mystery etc so this concept is not at all new to kids. He will love this aspect as well, lol

Our girls are going absolutely bananas for this game. We pre-ordered it a few months ago, and they spent a good part of today watching the videos on the Infinity site (epsecially the tutorials).

From what we can tell, it really seems to be a fantastic blend of Skylanders and the Toy Story video games. (Our oldest thinks it's a trifecta -- Skylanders, Toys Story, and Minecraft.) I love the whole idea of the "toy box" and have been amazed at the way our girls have played (and for how long :blush:) in that mode doing the simplest things.

I can't say how much an adult would like it, but it could be fun. I hate playing video games, but the addition of the Sorcerer Mickey (released in January is what I read on facebook) may tempt me to try and play.

Hey Pete, I watched you guys mess around with it on the stream... What do you think as a grown adult? Obviously we're all Disney fans and are partial to these things... But is it something that will collect dust for someone without kids?

I don't have kids either, but ordered one. I was big into games like The Sims so the building aspect will be fun for me. I'd think if you like games like that you'd enjoy this. :thumbsup2

Just a side note for anyone who is going to order Disney Infinity...Toys R Us has some exclusive accessories already including character figure display cases! They also announced exclusive crystal figures recently as well as a Power Disc trading event set for next month. Even more, watch the video here to find about an iPad app that will allow people to create their own scenes involving themselves and Disney characters!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrob...us-exclusive-disney-infinity-crystal-figures/

I am trying to figure out TRU

If I use the 20% discount in store , can I still get the 2 free items

I want the Mater figure

I am trying to figure out TRU

If I use the 20% discount in store , can I still get the 2 free items

I want the Mater figure

I ordered online so I'm not sure. It might be an online promo for the freebies. The coupon is good for in store and online though.

Just saw another TRU ad starting Sunday. Buy one get one 50% anything Infinity. They're also having a Power Disc sale - but one get one for a buck!

I ordered online so I'm not sure. It might be an online promo for the freebies. The coupon is good for in store and online though.

Just saw another TRU ad starting Sunday. Buy one get one 50% anything Infinity. They're also having a Power Disc sale - but one get one for a buck!

What is the 20% off discount? I'm guessing the easiest way to get specific discs will be eBay.

I think I might wait until more reviews come in. It is a lot of money to throw into a game (says a person who used to play Magic The Gathering lol), however it looks pretty darn cool. I have no kids, but I do have multiple nieces and nephews that range from ages 5 months to 12 years. So it has even more draw as something I can play with some of them.

I also want to be sure that the game pieces will stay compatible with the 360 over time. I would guess yes since you get the main platform and then each piece fits on there but I have been burned in the past.

I preordered it, but I'm waiting until Sept 8th to give to my son for his birthday. I'm tempted to open and play it while he is sleeping, but I'll be good!

And I bought it. Got the starter (obviously), the Sidekicks set, and 5 power disk packs. It just looks too cool and it can be hard to find games you can play alone or with someone else... especially with kids. Plus, it is Disney and I am a sucker for that.

I think I might wait until more reviews come in. It is a lot of money to throw into a game (says a person who used to play Magic The Gathering lol), however it looks pretty darn cool. I have no kids, but I do have multiple nieces and nephews that range from ages 5 months to 12 years. So it has even more draw as something I can play with some of them.

I also want to be sure that the game pieces will stay compatible with the 360 over time. I would guess yes since you get the main platform and then each piece fits on there but I have been burned in the past.

The characters and discs work with all platforms. The only things that are different are the starter packs which include the game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!