Disney Infinity

Oswald lover

Hylian
So I saw a commercial for Disney Infinity and thought it looked pretty cool so I looked it up. I found a website where this guy added up how much it would cost the play the full experience. (Buying all the characters, the game, and the holder thing) Turns out that if you buy it all, it's more than a console itself would cost! ($250. You can now buy wiis for $100) that's twice as much as a wii would cost! I thought about buying the game, but now I'm sure I won't! This was very disappointing news. I was shocked that Disney would make you spend so much money on one game. :(

Im not shocked at all really. Lately that has been their mo about merch. Something really cool that has components so you have to keep buying more to complete it, or something that is really limited edition and hard to find/get.

From a business perspective its pretty genius really.

So I saw a commercial for Disney Infinity and thought it looked pretty cool so I looked it up. I found a website where this guy added up how much it would cost the play the full experience. (Buying all the characters, the game, and the holder thing) Turns out that if you buy it all, it's more than a console itself would cost! ($250. You can now buy wiis for $100) that's twice as much as a wii would cost! I thought about buying the game, but now I'm sure I won't! This was very disappointing news. I was shocked that Disney would make you spend so much money on one game. :(

There were a ton of sales during it's launch week that cut the price nearly in half.

• Toys R Us had a coupon available for "20% off any Disney Infinity Product". I applied it to the Starter Kit and got it for $59.99 instead of $74.99
  • Target was selling the "Playsets" for $17.49, half of their normally $34.99 price. I was able to pick up both The Lone Ranger and Cars set for the price of one normally.
  • Wal-Mart was selling the Heroes and Villains 3-packs for $14.99 respectively. That's half off it's original price of $29.99. I was able to get both for the price of one.
  • Toys R Us was also selling the Power Disc packs as "Buy 1, get 1 for $1" so I was able to get 10 packs for $30, where they normally would have cost me $50.

Ignoring tax, i was able to get $255 worth of product for $155.

Toys R Us also had a "Buy 1, get 1 50% off" for everything Disney Infinity-related in the store, so I could have picked up the remaining figures I didn't have, but I passed on that for now.

I agree if you weren't aware of the marketing platform it would be shocking. We've been into the whole Skylanders thing for quite awhile though, so we know what we're getting into.
I imagine there will be promotions around Christmas as well, so I will keep an eye out.
Ds has been talking for awhile about selling his extensive Skylanders collection (Giants too). He doesn't really play anymore.
So our thoughts are to get him Infinity and a few of the game pieces/sets for Christmas. Then HE can use whatever game credit he has at the trade-in store for other things he wants. We'll get him enough to get him started, he can do the rest.
Then we follow the model we did for Skylanders.. birthdays, Easter gift, something for good marks etc.
I am imagining he will pull in a few hundred for his Skylanders on trade. He amassed quite the collection over the last 2 years little by little.

Where I am now struggling is whether to move up to the PS4 or not. Ds desperately wants Infinity. If I get it for the PS3 were committed to that system for a good long while. However dh had been talking about trading in his Ps3 and all the games for credit on the Ps4. I don't know if they'll even release Infinty for the PS4 in time for Christmas and couldn't find any projections when I did a quick search.

Can you tell my guys are gamers? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter