Disney is flooding ABC Networks with Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think there are two major factors. First, the E ticket ride isn't open yet. Second, it's based on the wrong Star Wars. I know loads of people who assumed that the new land would be based on the original trilogy. We were excited at the idea of seeing the characters we loved. Instead, we got a land centered around the "eh, they're okay I guess" characters.

Personally, I think there are two major factors. First, the E ticket ride isn't open yet. Second, it's based on the wrong Star Wars. I know loads of people who assumed that the new land would be based on the original trilogy. We were excited at the idea of seeing the characters we loved. Instead, we got a land centered around the "eh, they're okay I guess" characters.

I can't remember at what point Disney announced that GE would be based in the ST, but it was far enough ahead that no one should have been surprised if they did any research at all, imo.

I love the ST characters and I'm not alone. I'm sorry some folks are disappointed in that, but they chose to go with the IP that's been created since they acquired LF.

My two cents is that I'd have been ok with the land if they'd based it in the OT as well. I love all SW offerings.

Last edited:
We were watching Oak Island last night on History Channel and saw at least 3-4 commercials.

I agree with the E ticket ride. But if your "loads of people" went to SWGE assuming it was based on the original trilogy, that's on them. Disney has made it pretty clear from the get go that Batuu was it's own entity on the Outer Rim.

It was obvious this was going to happen to anyone paying attention. Just as it’s obvious ep 9 will not make $1 billion. No, Galaxy’s Edge will not fill up once Rise of the Resistance is open because that’s not the problem with Star Wars.

In March 2018 I wrote a post in this forum about the Solo boycott. I provided sources from The Fandom Menace (YouTube channels, twitter accounts). My post was deleted because it was “an unconfirmed rumor”. As if official Disney sources would confirm they’re being boycotted. But three months later I was proven correct.

So this post may also be deleted as it’s unofficial rumor.

The Fandom Menace is boycotting all Star Wars things until Kathleen Kennedy is fired. That includes the resistance show. Did you wonder why that got the axe? Disney’s official response was it had good ratings but they always intended it to be 1 and 1/2 seasons long. Do you believe them?

We are boycotting Galaxy’s Edge and episode 9. We are waiting until Kathleen Kennedy is fired and then we’ll re-evaluate our position.

The “unconfirmed rumor” is that Kennedy is leaving in 2021 and Kevin Feige will take over as head of Lucasfilm. Again, Disney will not confirm this rumor until 2021, but The Fandom Menace has already confirmed it. Our sources have confirmed Kevin Feige agreed to come on board as head producer but allow Kennedy to retain that title until 2021.

Rian Johnson’s trilogy has been cancelled. That rumor will never be confirmed by Disney. He’ll just never make another Star Wars movie. If you watch his latest interview for Knives Out you’ll notice his response has changed when asked about Star Wars. Previously it was “of course I’m making a trilogy” but 2 months ago it changed to “I’d love to make a movie. I’m still talking to them but they haven’t figured out their plans yet.” Score one for The Fandom Menace.

Without Respect We Reject

It was obvious this was going to happen to anyone paying attention. Just as it’s obvious ep 9 will not make $1 billion. No, Galaxy’s Edge will not fill up once Rise of the Resistance is open because that’s not the problem with Star Wars.

It's obvious Rise of Skywalker won't make $1 billion? Really? I assume you're talking worldwide. If you are, I'll take that bet every day. I personally think Rise of Skywalker is going to easily pass $1 billion worldwide. I'd love to know your reasoning behind saying "it's obvious". Rogue One, which I really liked but a lot of people kill, passed $1 billion worldwide. I, for one, have no intention of "boycotting" Rise of Skywalker. As a matter of fact, I plan on being one of the first in line.

Last edited:

It's obvious The Last Jedi won't make $1 billion? Really? I assume you're talking worldwide. If you are, I'll take that bet every day. I personally think The Last Jedi is going to easily pass $1 billion worldwide. I'd love to know your reasoning behind saying "it's obvious". Rogue One, which I really liked but a lot of people kill, passed $1 billion worldwide. I, for one, have no intention of "boycotting" The Last Jedi. As a matter of fact, I plan on being one of the first in line.
The Last Jedi was episode 8.

But, yes, I’m saying The Rise of Skywalker will not gross $1 billion worldwide.

The Last Jedi was episode 8.

But, yes, I’m saying The Rise of Skywalker will not gross $1 billion worldwide.

Oops, my bad. That's what happens when you try to write stuff at work. LOL Remember this thread when Rise of Skywalker sails past $1 billion so you can come back and say oops, my bad.

In March 2018 I wrote a post in this forum about the Solo boycott. I provided sources from The Fandom Menace (YouTube channels, twitter accounts). My post was deleted because it was “an unconfirmed rumor”. As if official Disney sources would confirm they’re being boycotted. But three months later I was proven correct.

The Fandom Menace is boycotting all Star Wars things until Kathleen Kennedy is fired. That includes the resistance show. Did you wonder why that got the axe? Disney’s official response was it had good ratings but they always intended it to be 1 and 1/2 seasons long. Do you believe them?

We are boycotting Galaxy’s Edge and episode 9. We are waiting until Kathleen Kennedy is fired and then we’ll re-evaluate our position.

The “unconfirmed rumor” is that Kennedy is leaving in 2021 and Kevin Feige will take over as head of Lucasfilm. Again, Disney will not confirm this rumor until 2021, but The Fandom Menace has already confirmed it. Our sources have confirmed Kevin Feige agreed to come on board as head producer but allow Kennedy to retain that title until 2021.

Rian Johnson’s trilogy has been cancelled. That rumor will never be confirmed by Disney. He’ll just never make another Star Wars movie. If you watch his latest interview for Knives Out you’ll notice his response has changed when asked about Star Wars. Previously it was “of course I’m making a trilogy” but 2 months ago it changed to “I’d love to make a movie. I’m still talking to them but they haven’t figured out their plans yet.” Score one for The Fandom Menace.

The Fandom Menace - is that equivalent to the Beyhive for Beyonce fans? or Beliebers? Or Swifties for Taylor Swift?

I have no strong feeling about the new Star Wars movies (I haven’t actually seen them) but I definitely think that they should have based the land on the original trilogy because that is the iconic group of movies. Everybody knows Luke Skywalker and Darth Vadar even if they aren’t Star Wars fans so the built in audience would be greater. I get that they have a bigger financial interest in the new movies but I think this was a mistake and a much harder sell for non Star Wars fans.

The Fandom Menace is a bunch of clowns, period.

Oops, my bad. That's what happens when you try to write stuff at work. LOL Remember this thread when Rise of Skywalker sails past $1 billion so you can come back and say oops, my bad.

Worry not, I've taken a screen shot because I'm absolutely that petty. :clown:

I have no strong feeling about the new Star Wars movies (I haven’t actually seen them) but I definitely think that they should have based the land on the original trilogy because that is the iconic group of movies. Everybody knows Luke Skywalker and Darth Vadar even if they aren’t Star Wars fans so the built in audience would be greater. I get that they have a bigger financial interest in the new movies but I think this was a mistake and a much harder sell for non Star Wars fans.

The new movies are very enjoyable and I recommend you watch them.

I’m sure I will at some point. My kids are still too little for them right now but they’ll probably get into them in a few years.

I made a deal with my son (he was 21). I told him he couldn't go to see the first of the new trilogy until he watched the original trilogy. There are sections of ep. 7 that mean a whole more if you do that. After that, he was hooked.

Worry not, I've taken a screen shot because I'm absolutely that petty. :clown:

Sweet! Wish I'd thought of that! LOL That dude (DVCcurious) is gonna be eating crow in a few months. And I will come back to this thread to remind him of that...because I'm absolutely that petty. LOL

I made a deal with my son (he was 21). I told him he couldn't go to see the first of the new trilogy until he watched the original trilogy. There are sections of ep. 7 that mean a whole more if you do that. After that, he was hooked.

Sweet! Wish I'd thought of that! LOL That dude (DVCcurious) is gonna be eating crow in a few months. And I will come back to this thread to remind him of that...because I'm absolutely that petty. LOL

We will tag team this, haha.

The Fandom Menace - is that equivalent to the Beyhive for Beyonce fans? or Beliebers? Or Swifties for Taylor Swift?

It's not really like those groups - they are generally fans who were very dissatisfied with The Last Jedi for various reasons. Often cited are the portrayal of Luke Skywalker, Leia, Rey's parentage, and the nature of The Force - all of which did not match their expectations. There are other issues too, but they are too cringe-worthy to mention. This has led to these fans rejecting Kathleen Kennedy outright, even though most fans had liked The Force Awakens and Rogue One.

Personally, as a long-time Star Wars fan, I don't really see it anyway. TLJ wasn't my favorite SW movie to be sure, but it was perfectly fine. Most of the cited issues really aren't anything to worry about, and I bet Episode IX will tie it all up nicely so that it all makes sense. TFA was too safe of a movie in my opinion, but it pleased the fans. TLJ may have swung too far into unexpected territory, but I still respect the effort. I bet IX will make it all okay and this will be a non-issue. Then again, I like the Prequels so what do I know?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter