Disney Japan and Sea

Mechelle Walker

SkysDLimit32k
Has anyone been to Disney Japan and or Sea recently? I was just wondering if there are any new or must see attractions.
This will be my second time to both parks. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Beauty and the Beast area in Fantasyland will open in April with a new ride. In DisneySea, Soaring opened last July and there will be three new areas in 2022.

We were most recently there in late November.

]indoshakespeare and Haley R have already given you lots of good information about the recent and upcoming additions. DisneySea also has a new stage show, but we were unable to secure tickets through the lottery to see it.

In addition to TDR Explorer, this website may also be helpful in planning:
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/tokyo-disney-trip-planning-guide/

Last edited:
We were most recently there in late November.

]indoshakespeare and Haley R have already given you lots of good information about the recent and upcoming additions. DisneySea also has a new stage show, but we were unable to secure tickets through the lottery to see it.

In addition to TDR Explorer, this website may also be helpful in planning:
https://www.disneytouristblog.com/tokyo-disney-trip-planning-guide/
Do you have any suggestions for hotels for visiting Tokyo Disney? My DD wants this as her college graduation trip!! I’ve been to Japan once and would love to take her!!!

Do you have any suggestions for hotels for visiting Tokyo Disney? My DD wants this as her college graduation trip!! I’ve been to Japan once and would love to take her!!!
I’m not the person you asked but we really liked staying at the Hilton Tokyo bay. It’s right next to a monorail station and can be booked on points. We paid for 5/6 of our nights with points

I really hate switching hotels. I think it eats up precious vacation time, and you have to pack/unpack, lug baggage all over the place, etc. The transportation system is super easy and efficient and if you plan to only spend a couple of days at Disney and don't have a couple of weeks in Japan, I'd consider just staying in Tokyo and taking the train into TDR. We were staying in Shibuya (which is about as far from TDR as you can get and still be in Tokyo), and our train ride every morning was only 1 hour including the monorail, etc. That route isn't for everyone, but I loved just being to settle into our room for the whole time we were in Tokyo and didn't mind the train rides because it was always off hours and the trains weren't packed. It's worth considering, though!

For Tokyo Disney - Tokyo Bay Hilton. We're always very happy with our stays there. The rooms are large. The monorail is a short walk away. The convenience store in the lobby has everything we've ever needed. The breakfast, if you get it, is also pretty good. They have an omelette station which is pretty impressive to me.

I've also heard good things about the neighbouring Sheraton. But, we usually end up at the Hilton by watching out for specials - up to 50% off the standard room rate.

If you can afford it, I'm sure staying at Miracosta, Disneyland Hotel or the Ambassador Hotel would be wonderful. They're all beautiful hotels (judging from the lobbies, gift stores and restaurants). And you'd have the bonus of 15 minutes early entry, which would be very valuable at TDR.

As for Tokyo-proper, we typically just go with whatever is affordable provided that it's near a main / convenient train station. On our last trip we stayed opposite the new Olympic stadium, but that's only because it was a brand new hotel and they were offering cheap rates because they'd only just opened a week or two earlier. We don't mind the Citidines (sp?) chain as the rooms are generally larger than the standard, teeny-tiny Tokyo hotel room.

We prefer splitting our stays, because the days at Tokyo Disney are LONG - arrive up to an hour before opening to get in line, stay all day, browse the shops after closing on the way out. If we stay in Tokyo-proper, it means our days often started at 5am and didn't finish until midnight. That's pretty exhausting when doing three days at Disney. But, if you're happy to take a more casual approach to the parks, then you may just want to stay in Tokyo-proper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!