Disney Kids Clubs closing!!!

Very sad. My kids have been to all of them and adored each of them. They were a great option for parents who wanted an "adult night". Or, in our case, kids who wanted their own space for a bit!

the "in-room" sitting isnt strictly "in-room"
We use kidsnite out every time we go (we even use the same sitter every time. Theresa. shes great and she runs the disney employee nursery) and the sitter takes our daughter to the bonfire and movie at the hotel and they take walks and play games. I like it because it means that she goes to bed at a decent hour. We dont use the kids clubs because we like going out and knowing that our daughter is asleep and ready for the next day.
Just some food for thought!

We use kidsnite out every time we go (we even use the same sitter every time. Theresa. shes great and she runs the disney employee nursery) and the sitter takes our daughter to the bonfire and movie at the hotel and they take walks and play games. I like it because it means that she goes to bed at a decent hour. We dont use the kids clubs because we like going out and knowing that our daughter is asleep and ready for the next day.

This will be an option when our kids are older.

Ours are 9,5, and 3. I just don't trust someone roaming around the resort by themselves with those ages.

It can be a handful for us sometimes :)

This is why we liked the structured playhouses.

Oh, well...

We also enjoyed the Kids Nite Out service. Our sitter came with a huge bag of activities. We were in a 1 bdrm villa so it was easier to spread out, make crafts etc. She made them mac and cheese and frozen broccoli from the Beach Club Marketplace, watched a movie, and when we came home they were snug in bed by 8:30pm.

Absolutely terrible news!

My husband, my daughters, and I all enjoyed our kids club nights. The kids loved Lilo’s and my husband and I loved our date nights at Ohana, Cali Grill, and Artists Point. Those have been highlights of our vacations.

The Dolphin Club will make it inconvenient to visit the monorail resorts for an evening dinner, and we have never trusted, even in our home, someone we don’t know to stay alone with our kids. Kids club was nice because there was a group of employees- not just a single person.

This is a huge bummer for us.

This will be an option when our kids are older.

Ours are 9,5, and 3. I just don't trust someone roaming around the resort by themselves with those ages.

It can be a handful for us sometimes :)

This is why we liked the structured playhouses.

Oh, well...

It's amazing how different 9 looks when your kids are 12 and 9 (as mine are), versus, say 9 and 6. We wouldn't be interested in either the kids' clubs or babysitting at this point. I would have felt differently when they were 9 and 6. I don't suppose the 9-year-old is really "too old", but it kind of feels that way. The 12-year-old is old enough to either come with us, even if we're out late, or stay on her own for awhile. The 9-year-old would likely put up strong resistance to either going to a kids' club alone while his sister stays in the room, or being left behind with a sitter.

Having a third, younger child no doubt changes that dynamic a bit, but you might be surprised at how quickly your family "ages out" of the need for this sort of thing. I know I was.

(And just in case there's any possibility any of this could be taken the wrong way, I don't really have a point, and certainly don't intend to offer unsolicited advice or imply that you should feel differently about any of this now. Just sharing my perspective from the "other side" of nine. However you might feel about the light at the end of that tunnel, it is closer than you think!)

I was looking forward to using this one day (when my kids were all potty trained and could go). Guess that won't be happening.

I think the article says they are looking at alternatives. Hopefully they come up with something for parents to have a day or evening to themselves that is a true Disney alternative- not just a “Well, you can hire a non- Disney employee to babysit.”

I think the article says they are looking at alternatives. Hopefully they come up with something for parents to have a day or evening to themselves that is a true Disney alternative- not just a “Well, you can hire a non- Disney employee to babysit.”

I wonder if they could just consolidate, and just operate one kids club?

It wouldn't be ideal for those staying at different resorts, but at least an option would exist?

However, TBH, I'm not sure we would go to another property to drop off our kids, then come back.

Using WDW transportation it could take anywhere from 15 mins to 2 hours..lol!

Just booked the Sandcastle for April today(for the last time ever). The closure is disappointing; however, in the 12 or so times we have utilized Lilo's or Sandcastle we have never been turned away. In fact there has often been a 1-1 or 1-2 ratio for cast member to child. In my opinion Disney keeps many secrets, for example the child pirate cruises. For such a powerful marketing machine, I have a feeling most people outside of the forums and "not in the know" have little to no idea that WDW has outstanding kids clubs. At the end of the day this is a financial decision of their making. The unfortunate thing is that I would never consider bringing my son to a "romantic" dinner like Jiko or Flying Fish, so instead it will be il Mulino, Blue Zoo, or Shula's. In fact Camp Dolphin credits you for 2 hours if you enjoy a meal on their property(as long as they don't follow suit).

I wonder if they could just consolidate, and just operate one kids club?

It wouldn't be ideal for those staying at different resorts, but at least an option would exist?

However, TBH, I'm not sure we would go to another property to drop off our kids, then come back.

Using WDW transportation it could take anywhere from 15 mins to 2 hours..lol!

I wish they would keep at least Lilo's. When we leave our kids there, we can easily go to MK or any of the restaurants at the monorail resorts fairly easily. We could even get to Epcot with a little time and monorail luck.

Have they ever considered in-room flyers for the kids clubs? I don't remember seeing any. Do they discuss them on their resort advertising channel?

Sure do hope they come up with something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter