Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one 1966 episode of the Wonderful World of Color on it now- Disneyland Around the Seasons, but that is the only one.

And even this episode was not that rare. It had previously aired on TCM, and has been sitting on my DVR ever since. I am glad more people have access to view it, but seeing on this Disney+ was non-event for me.

And even this episode was not that rare. It had previously aired on TCM, and has been sitting on my DVR ever since. I am glad more people have access to view it, but seeing on this Disney+ was non-event for me.

there is the Plausible Impossible episode of the Disneyland show as well on there (I belive you can find it on Youtube and stuff but I had never seen it before)

I found this interesting: if you look at the version history of the app for iOS in the App Store - the versions go back 2 months. It’s currently the 9th version of the app.

The first two updates (1.0.1 & 1.0.2) describe the update: “Our excitement can’t be contained so we’ve sprinkled it all over this app update. Just kidding. This new version includes a few minor bug fixes and improvements, and, just maybe, some pixie dust.”

The next 3 updates - 1.1.0 (1 mo. ago), 1.1.2 (4w ago), 1.1.3 (3w ago) - all before the app was released - description: “This new version of Disney+ includes updates and fixes to help deliver an improved streaming experience across devices. We’ve taken a look at general app issues to uncover and fix the top problems that may have prevented you from having a seamless streaming experience.”

Update 1.1.4 was 2w ago, so I’m guessing that may have been the one that was released (there have been 2 updates since, 1.1.5 & 1.1.6, both say 1w ago): “Introducing Disney+, the new home for endless access to the best movies and TV shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. From new releases, to your favorite classics, and exclusive Originals, there’s always something new to discover.”

Obviously the app had to go through multiple iterations, and I guess multiple ones submitted to Apple, but I never thought there would be version histories of apps prior to them being released to the public. Maybe this is typical and I’ve just never looked at a brand new app.

So is sharing ok? I know about the concurrent streams and download limits. I set up profiles for the other adults in my house but did not give them my password. They can access it only on the tv. What about logging in on a friends roku for her? The terms contradict themselves.

I’ve read through the terms and near the top, under B. Registration it says use of D+ is for only for people who have registered but if you allow others to access your account you are responsible and they also must follow the terms and conditions. But then much, much farther down the page under the second main section it says yoy agree to not share your account or account information.

I found this interesting: if you look at the version history of the app for iOS in the App Store - the versions go back 2 months. It’s currently the 9th version of the app.

The first two updates (1.0.1 & 1.0.2) describe the update: “Our excitement can’t be contained so we’ve sprinkled it all over this app update. Just kidding. This new version includes a few minor bug fixes and improvements, and, just maybe, some pixie dust.”

The next 3 updates - 1.1.0 (1 mo. ago), 1.1.2 (4w ago), 1.1.3 (3w ago) - all before the app was released - description: “This new version of Disney+ includes updates and fixes to help deliver an improved streaming experience across devices. We’ve taken a look at general app issues to uncover and fix the top problems that may have prevented you from having a seamless streaming experience.”

Update 1.1.4 was 2w ago, so I’m guessing that may have been the one that was released (there have been 2 updates since, 1.1.5 & 1.1.6, both say 1w ago): “Introducing Disney+, the new home for endless access to the best movies and TV shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. From new releases, to your favorite classics, and exclusive Originals, there’s always something new to discover.”

Obviously the app had to go through multiple iterations, and I guess multiple ones submitted to Apple, but I never thought there would be version histories of apps prior to them being released to the public. Maybe this is typical and I’ve just never looked at a brand new app.

lt was on a free test in...Switzerland? somewhere in Eurpope. Maybe the updates are from that?

When I went to download the app on my Android phone in the wee hours of November 12th, I noticed there were dozens of reviews already, from weeks back - apparently from people that got to beta test it.

When I went to download the app on my Android phone in the wee hours of November 12th, I noticed there were dozens of reviews already, from weeks back - apparently from people that got to beta test it.
The Netherlands. They were the beta testers, I think.

I thought new shows were supposed to be released at midnight eastern time on Fridays.
I was on at midnight nothing for all the new shows. Mandorian , high school musicals, etc. I even exit all the way out came back at 12:04 eastern time nothing. Went to bed. Anyone know what time they are actually released? Maybe it takes longer than I think for them to upload it or whatever they have to do to get them on there.

Does anyone here have a Vizio smart TV? I'm pretty sure ours is smart but it's older. Will any Firestick enable Disney + to work for it? We rarely watch the TV in the livingroom since we're empty nesters but would like to have the kids over to watch Disney + and not have to have everyone pile onto our King sized bed in the bedroom to do so :rotfl2:

I thought new shows were supposed to be released at midnight eastern time on Fridays.
I was on at midnight nothing for all the new shows. Mandorian , high school musicals, etc. I even exit all the way out came back at 12:04 eastern time nothing. Went to bed. Anyone know what time they are actually released? Maybe it takes longer than I think for them to upload it or whatever they have to do to get them on there.

I thought I read it was 12AM Pacific, so 3AM eastern. When I got up at 6 the new episodes were out.

Does anyone here have a Vizio smart TV? I'm pretty sure ours is smart but it's older. Will any Firestick enable Disney + to work for it? We rarely watch the TV in the livingroom since we're empty nesters but would like to have the kids over to watch Disney + and not have to have everyone pile onto our King sized bed in the bedroom to do so :rotfl2:

We use a firestick - no problems here. We bought it new this past summer.

Coco fans one week until it comes out on Disney plus. November 29. Seen it thought it was ok nothing great but this movie will look amazing in 4K.

Here I am again on a Friday, using all my self control to not watch the new Imagineering story until DH can watch too. My first world problem for the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter