Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star vs the Forces of Evil, The Little Mermaid Live and I’m sure other stuff has been added to Disney Plus.

I think Iger tries to straddle the line between the sides, having come in under Eisner, and then have people under him that can bring their own expertise. I think when John Lasseter was there and has influence that was more of the creative side, but obviously that has changed. I agree that for Disney I think the best is a CEO that is creative and pushes things and then a 2nd they trust that makes the numbers work and tries to keep them in check
They need a Walt and Roy Disney. ;)

Maybe a silly question but I can't seem to find the answer easily. I have not signed up for Disney + yet but probably will before the holidays.

What log in do you use for Disney +?
Same email/password as MDE? Or has to be different?

Maybe a silly question but I can't seem to find the answer easily. I have not signed up for Disney + yet but probably will before the holidays.

If you use the same email when signing up but a different password it will end up changing your password on all you Disney accounts. So best to use the same or a different email.

If you are planning to share your Disney+ login/password with anyone, I would definitely use a separate email account from your current Disney/MDE information. As rteetz indicated, if you use the same email and enter a new password, it will change your password for *everything* Disney related that uses that email address.

If you use the same email when signing up but a different password it will end up changing your password on all you Disney accounts. So best to use the same or a different email.

I sooooo wish I had known this before signing up for Disney+ a few months ago. I don't like that my kids (teens/adults...not little kids) now have the password to my MDE account because I gave them the login info for our Disney+. I'm not comfortable with them having access to that for fear they will accidentally change/delete upcoming trip reservations and information. I did send an email to Guest Relations indicating my feelings on that little "surprise" (it was probably in the fine print somewhere) that my password was changed everywhere -- I felt that warranted a "pop up" notification or at least a large typeface warning. They did give me a phone number to call to straighten things out, but I haven't taken the time to do that yet as I know I'll need to allot a chunk of time for that (based on comments I've read). I'd prefer to just change the password on the Disney+ account to be different than everything else, but if I have to, I'll change the email on Disney+ (if I can).

Wait, what? Well, no flippin' wonder my password was changed without my permission! Stupid move, Disney.

I have a MDE account and a Disney+ account, and I want them to have different passwords for a reason. If I wanted them to have the same password, I would have given them the same.
I agree, and I'm so glad that when we signed up for Disney+ we used a different email address than the one I use for my MDE and other Disney accounts! That was a lucky move for us - I don't recall anything stating that we would have to use the same password if we associated the account with the same email as our other Disney accounts. They should most definitely have made that very clear during the signup process.

I get that I am just not surprised Disney did it this way because its what they do with everything.

Yeah, I mean, I had assumed the whole time that my universal Disney Login would be used. I was never even asked to create a D+ password - my Disney one just worked. It is my same login for MDE, shopDisney, Disney Movie Rewards, etc. I actually like the convenience.

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean, I had assumed the whole time that my universal Disney Login would be used. I was never even asked to create a D+ password - my Disney one just worked. It is my same login for MDE, shopDisney, Disney Movie Rewards, etc. I actually like the convenience.

If I had been asked to just enter my login and password information when I set up Disney+, that would have been a big red flag for me and I would have used a different email address for the Disney+ account right off the bat. But I was prompted to create a login and password. I probably wouldn't care about this if I hadn't given my kids the login info (which I did before I knew that password worked for every Disney account I have....and had credit cards linked to.) Fortunately, at this point, none of them know that password works for everything...and I've removed my credit card info at shopDisney and MDE for now. I don't mind that everything else has the same login info...I wouldn't ever share my password for those things with anyone else. But a streaming service....that can stream on 4 devices at once???? The chances of someone sharing that information with other people is pretty high. I think an obvious message stating that during the sign-up process would have been nice (instead of a "Your password doesn't match. Did you sign up for a Disney+ Account? Please use that password to log in to the this account" message). At least then each person could decide how they want to handle it right at the sign-up instead of having to sit on hold for who knows how long and then deal with the lovely Disney IT department to get it changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter