Disney Lifetime Pass

mla973

DIS Veteran
Have any of you ever heard of a lifetime pass?

A coworker told me that someone she knows was at WDW for a conference and was given the opportunity to purchase a lifetime pass to the parks. I'm almost wondering if this falls into the "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" category or if such a thing exists...

And if so, where do I purchase? :)

I say that's a load of hooey. There's no such thing as lifetime passes available for purchase. I have heard of lifetime passes available to the "first family" that opened WDW back in 1971, though.

This sounds like a typical "FOF" (friend of friend) urban legend to me.

I think that many years ago Disney did offer something like that to Florida residents...somewhere here in the boards I thought I read about it. Would be nice if they offered that again.....but currently I don't think there are any offers like that.

What about the "Golden Pass," a pass which gets you into all Disney parks worldwide (I can't remember if Tokyo is included)?

I know these exist, but I don't know if they're actually sold. Anyone know?

SSB

What about the "Golden Pass," a pass which gets you into all Disney parks worldwide (I can't remember if Tokyo is included)?

I know these exist, but I don't know if they're actually sold. Anyone know?

SSB

Those exist for seriously higher-up execs and Board of Directors folks. I've heard mostly of people using a Silver Pass, like the management team at The Disney Store (back when I worked there part time in 1995-1997.)

Hmmm... I did ask my colleague to ask her friend for details. If I hear anything back, I'll post here.

hmmm...i needed to research into this-I want one-heehee :laughing: .....I found the folowing:

http://news.hkdlsource.com/story/278

the only thing I found about that here in the States was the 1st guest into Disney got a lifetime pass-thats it....

Interesting story. I'll be curious to hear how that turns out. Hong Kong is HUGE and with so many people how on earth are they going to determine the first boy and girl born? I bet just going by time isn't going to do it, they would definitely wind up with more than one of each I would think. Look how many babies were born here on 08/08/08, I know I read about at least 3 or 4 that were born at 8:08 am. What an AWESOME give-away though.

as I recall, in the 70's you should get a lifetime pass, and at the time, it seemed very costly. As in $500 in 1976. There were a limited number per year, and did not sell well.

I recall distinctly asking my Grandma for one for Christmas one year.

I also recall the story about he family that opened WDW that got life time passes, they were not the first family in line though. As I remember that story, they were in the car, lined up with every one else, and someone was walking along and basically asked them if they wanted to be the family that opened up the park... then during that opening up ceremony they were given life time passes.

as I recall, in the 70's you should get a lifetime pass, and at the time, it seemed very costly. As in $500 in 1976. There were a limited number per year, and did not sell well.
QUOTE]

I seem to remember the lifetime passes as well. Could be dreamin', but I don't think so.

I recall distinctly asking my Grandma for one for Christmas one year.

I also recall the story about he family that opened WDW that got life time passes, they were not the first family in line though. As I remember that story, they were in the car, lined up with every one else, and someone was walking along and basically asked them if they wanted to be the family that opened up the park... then during that opening up ceremony they were given life time passes.

I read about the "first family" in David Koenig's Realityland. I think the people who were literally first in line camped out to be first and were royally peeved they were not allowed to be first because they were not a family.

I seem to recall people talking about getting a survey where they were asked about lifetime passes and how much they would pay for them.

A coworker told me that someone she knows was at WDW for a conference and was given the opportunity to purchase a lifetime pass to the parks. I'm almost wondering if this falls into the "if it's too good to be true, it probably is" category or if such a thing exists...

The closest thing I can think of regarding a "lifetime pass" is possibly a charter annual passholder. These are people who have held an AP since year one. Because of this, they are eligible to renew their AP at a discount.

Armand

The closest thing I can think of regarding a "lifetime pass" is possibly a charter annual passholder. These are people who have held an AP since year one. Because of this, they are eligible to renew their AP at a discount.

Armand

Right. I've read about those somewhere, too. But it still seems highly suspect that someone who went to a convention recently was offered a shot at purchasing a lifetime pass. I don't believe it at all.

Lets Pretend..
Lets Pretend that Disney Decided to Offer Lifetime Passes..

For Just Disney WORLD.. The 4 Parks and Water Parks, Disney Quest.. Etc.. Everything In DisneyWorld In Fla.

How much would you Think they would ask for that lifetime pass to cost?

Lets Pretend..
Lets Pretend that Disney Decided to Offer Lifetime Passes..

For Just Disney WORLD.. The 4 Parks and Water Parks, Disney Quest.. Etc.. Everything In DisneyWorld In Fla.

How much would you Think they would ask for that lifetime pass to cost?

Just a bargain for $6,000.00! lol

I know this thread is very old, but I can confirm having worked at BVCC (Buena Vista Construction Company) that at the opening of Epcot, one day tickets were $15, annual passes were $100 and lifetime passes were $250. We all laughed at how ridiculous they cost. Little did we know then what we know now. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter