Disney Lowering the Height Bar for Stitch's Great Escape

ProfGoofy

E=m²... See
Hi All,
Just returned from the World yesterday, will post trip report later. Just wanted to let all you parents with kids who love Stitch know that they were testing the height restrictions on Stitch's Great Escape this week. My son, 3 years old and 38 inches, was allowed to ride along with my 2.5 year old nephew, 36 inches. All that was required for them to ride was that the had to sit in their own seats, no laps. We were asked by WDW opinion takers to fill out cards after the ride to let them know what our kids thought. My nephew fell asleep in line so he didn't get to ride. As for my son, the shoulder bar came down to his shoulders, but I'm not sure if he actually felt Stitch 'bounce' on him because it looked like the shoulder bar was at it's lower limit. As for the ride, my wife and I were fans of Alien Encounter, so we were disappointed. As for my son, well the questionnaire asked did he like the ride? Very much. Would he ride it again, his response was "I want to ride the Haunted Mansion," had to explain the question to him to him and he said "yes, definitely (after the Haunted Mansion)." Finally asked how appropriate was the ride for his age on a scale of 10-1, 10 being very appropriate, 1 not, we gave it a 9. He wasn't scared, though the anticipation had him a little worried, he didn't know what 'Naughty' Stitch was going to do. There was a section for comments, so we wrote my son's lasting impression of the ride, "Stitch spit on me!" Please note: My son doesn't have a problem with the dark and trusts us to keep him safe as long we are with him. That said, there are dark parts in the ride and loud noises, so if you child has a problem with that, take it into consideration before riding.

-Prof

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter