Disney Magic 11/11/17 from NYC

Just cancelled our RC Cruise for this one with our almost 3 and 1 year old. Very excited though wish we made the decision sooner as Early Dinner is not available. We figured we will just cross our fingers and keep calling to make sure we are waitlisted.

Just cancelled our RC Cruise for this one with our almost 3 and 1 year old. Very excited though wish we made the decision sooner as Early Dinner is not available. We figured we will just cross our fingers and keep calling to make sure we are waitlisted.

:welcome:
From what I've read, I think you'll have a good chance of getting early dining. Keep calling. Wishing you pixiedust:

I am also from Mass and will be taking my 24 year old son on his first cruise for his 25th birthday!! I am also waiting for the FE group. I can't wait til November

We are considering going on this cruise. Just curious for those who have cruised from New York to Port Canaveral in October or November before. how were the seas? I'm a little nervous about hurricanes and rough seas. Was there a lot to do on the sea days? Thanks in advance for any responses

I have not done this cruise, but have done 9 others with plenty of sea days. We are never bored & in fact some of our favourite days are sea days. Much depends on your cruise director as to the activities, but there generally has been arts & crafts, cookery demos (with tasting), quiz, daft games as well as fitness classes, shows, cinema etc. Remember it is a holiday!

Hello! We're onboard!! This will be our fourth cruise, with all three others being on the Wonder. So excited about the Magic, Marvel days, and Disney World! Cruising with my husband and sons, ages 13 and 9 at the time. We are staying a few days before the cruise in New York to visit the Jehovah's Witnesses offices and printing facilities. Hoping to meet some of the friends that are doing the same. :)

My kids are 14 and 7 and hers are 7 and 4. My daughter is the biggest Disney fan so she is going to freak out when she finds out! We're going to attempt to wait until Halloween to tell them so that the wait isn't so unbearable for them (like it is for me right now lol).

My kids are really into YouTube and love watching videos of parents surprising their kids with Disney cruises, so my hubby and are are going to call them into the living saying we found the best Disney surprise video but it'll Actually be a video for them :)

We haven't been to Disney world yet so it's gonna be amazing :)
Hi! I'm surprising my daughters (5&8)! I only live about 30 min from the city. I'm going to tell them we're going to NYC for a surprise, they're going to freak out!! They ask to go on a DC all the time!

Hi! I'm surprising my daughters (5&8)! I only live about 30 min from the city. I'm going to tell them we're going to NYC for a surprise, they're going to freak out!! They ask to go on a DC all the time!

You're gonna have to lot to do on that one day in WDW. So many decisions.

just booked this cruise - had to change from the Halloween cruise because of a family wedding - always had Halloween so we're excited about the Christmas cruise - it's me / husband / daughter (27) / sons (25 & 12) -- can't wait to meet you all

Just booked this cruise last week. Big family but we've all cruised many times before (this will be our second big family cruise this year - we started the year with a cruise out of Galveston). My oldest and wife can't make this trip, but the rest of us are excited to have some time in NY before and after the cruise

HI everyone,

Just wanted to touch base being that I haven't posted here in a while.

My DW and I are so looking forward to our November cruise. This will be our third Disney cruise out of New York. Our first was a 5 night to Canada and our second was the 7 night "Halloween on the High Seas" cruise we did last October 29.

If anyone has any questions about this cruise please don't hesitate to ask. This will be cruise number 12 with all of them being Disney. My DW and I are looking forward to meeting all of you.

Just 140 days from today........

Last edited:
Paid in full today so we can be ready to book activities when our window opens! Has anyone ever put their kids in the club on the island and booked the adult cabanas? I'm tempted but worry if the kids are not having a good time.

Hi bostonluke,

Just like you we are also paid full. I did that a couple of weeks ago. I will be online with DCL at 1 minute after midnight this Saturday so I can make our reservations for Palo brunch and dinner. This cruise is one special cruise for my wife and I. We are truly looking forward to it.

Hi bostonluke,

Just like you we are also paid full. I did that a couple of weeks ago. I will be online with DCL at 1 minute after midnight this Saturday so I can make our reservations for Palo brunch and dinner. This cruise is one special cruise for my wife and I. We are truly looking forward to it.
Did you just send email? I did not find anywhere to do the sign ups on the cruise site.

HI Bostonluke,

You will have to log on to DCL website to make your reservations, (If you have not signed up yet you can register on the DCL site). That said, your choices will not show up until your cruise is paid for in full and its time for you to make your reservations.

If you have completed 10 or more Disney cruises you are a Platinum Castaway Cay Member and you can book activities 120 days in advance.

If you have completed 5 to 9 Disney cruises you are a Gold Castaway Cay Member and you can book activities 105 days in advance.

If you have completed 1 to 4 Disney cruises you are a Silver Castaway Cay Member and you can book activities 90 days in advance.

I'm not sure how many days out you can make reservations if your a first time cruiser. I'm sure if you call DCL they can assist you with any questions you may have.

If all of the online activities are already taken don't worry. You can check with guest services when you get on board and they can help you with where to go and who to see. Most of the time they put aside spots for just this reason. But make sure that is the first place you go upon boarding the ship. These activities fill up quickly.

Best of luck with getting the activities you are looking for. I'll sprinkle some pixy dust your way.....

HI Bostonluke,

You will have to log on to DCL website to make your reservations, (If you have not signed up yet you can register on the DCL site). That said, your choices will not show up until your cruise is paid for in full and its time for you to make your reservations.

If you have completed 10 or more Disney cruises you are a Platinum Castaway Cay Member and you can book activities 120 days in advance.

If you have completed 5 to 9 Disney cruises you are a Gold Castaway Cay Member and you can book activities 105 days in advance.

If you have completed 1 to 4 Disney cruises you are a Silver Castaway Cay Member and you can book activities 90 days in advance.

I'm not sure how many days out you can make reservations if your a first time cruiser. I'm sure if you call DCL they can assist you with any questions you may have.

If all of the online activities are already taken don't worry. You can check with guest services when you get on board and they can help you with where to go and who to see. Most of the time they put aside spots for just this reason. But make sure that is the first place you go upon boarding the ship. These activities fill up quickly.

Best of luck with getting the activities you are looking for. I'll sprinkle some pixy dust your way.....
We are concierge so it was a little confusing for us having never done it before. They responded after two days saying they would put our requests in at 120 days. We are not asking for one spe ific cabana so we feel like we can get one... from what I have read the only other things we want do not sell out so it is not a big deal. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts