Disney Magic 11/11/17 from NYC

We are on our way. I went online early this morning and I made our reservations for Palo brunch and dinner. I also made our reservations for tastings. My DW and I were glad to see that you can now make reservations for tastings on line. It makes things so much easier when your trying to plan out your days.

My DW and I are looking forward to meeting everyone. Maybe we can set up a meet and greet when we get on board. It would be nice to be able to put a face to a name... We have done this on most of our other cruises and we've made some lasting friendships. Just an idea.

Yeah I'm so excited to see that the tastings can be booked beforehand now. Last time we cruised I was pregnant so did not get to indulge... this time I plan to! I also want to try to convince hubby to do a Palo brunch but we'll see if that happens.

Don't convince him....tell him!
Palo dinner is great because its a romantic time I can have with my wife but I like the brunch better. It's more casual and there is a large selection of food to choose from.

F.Y.I.

Yesterday I received a letter from Disney Cruise Line explaining the "Marvel Day at Sea". I'm sure some of you have already received it. The letter describes, in general, what will be going on during the day. The Marvel Day at Sea will be on Thursday, November 16th. I will scan and post the letter if anyone wants to see it.

F.Y.I.

Yesterday I received a letter from Disney Cruise Line explaining the "Marvel Day at Sea". I'm sure some of you have already received it. The letter describes, in general, what will be going on during the day. The Marvel Day at Sea will be on Thursday, November 16th. I will scan and post the letter if anyone wants to see it.

Thanks Coach. I haven't received this letter yet.

Hi _ Anyone have a 14 year old daughter who would like to chat with mine before we go, so they can hang a little while on ship - we are from NJ - she has done this the last 4 times and has made life long friends from Aussie , Canada, AZ & IL. They still text and Instagram with each other. If so, let me know. She'd love to text with them. Thanks

Hi _ Anyone have a 14 year old daughter who would like to chat with mine before we go, so they can hang a little while on ship - we are from NJ - she has done this the last 4 times and has made life long friends from Aussie , Canada, AZ & IL. They still text and Instagram with each other. If so, let me know. She'd love to text with them. Thanks

Our daughter will be 15 1/2. Not sure if that is too much older :) This will be her first time in the Vibe so we'd love for her to have some friends ahead of time. I know there are a bunch of teens going but we haven't gotten her in touch with any as yet.

Jim

Our daughter will be 15 1/2. Not sure if that is too much older :) This will be her first time in the Vibe so we'd love for her to have some friends ahead of time. I know there are a bunch of teens going but we haven't gotten her in touch with any as yet.

Jim
Mine is 14 1/2 - and a bit on the mature side, so they may be perfect. You on facebook at all? You and I can connect, and then we can have the girls connect. If ok with you - if not, we can exchange #'s for the girls and they can reach out to each other - it is so much more fun when you have someone to hang with!

Our cruise docks arrived today...... I guess I'll have to start packing.

1st Disney Cruise so excited..can’t wait! My son is 9 and a little nervous about making friends in the kids club.

Mom::MinnieMo Dad::MickeyMo Daughter 16 :tink:Son 9 :charac4:

If anyone has any packing tips please feel free to share....:dumbo:

Last edited:

Hi! My daughter is turning 14 next week and will be on this cruise. We do DCL quite often, but last year around this time she had an AMAZING time and met a big group of friends and she still texts them to this day. She would love to make connections before the cruise!

So great to see 2 14 year old girls already, this is great! Have your girls decided if they are doing Edge or Vibe? My daughter is leaning more towards the Vibe this cruise. I have a son who will be 16 (almost 17) sailing too. He is hoping to connect with a few guys in the Vibe. He loves going to the sports deck and playing bball, etc. Tried to find this group on facebook but it looks really quiet. Did a FE ever get established/
Would love to connect my teens with others before we sail away so they can meet up on the ship. This is our 10th Disney cruise and they have made friends on previous ones and are hoping for the same this time around.
If you have a teen wanting to connect please message me : )
-Lesley

Last edited:
Just booked this cruise last week and I have a question for those that have have sailed into NYC. The itinerary states guests ashore at 730am on the 18th. What time should we expect to be finished with everything and ready to hop in a taxi? The reason I ask is because I plan on surprising my fiance with the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular and I'm hoping to do the 11am show.

Does anyone have the link for the facebook group for this cruise? The one listed on the general Disney cruising group doesn't work, and the group that I found searching myself only had 8 people.

Just booked this cruise last week and I have a question for those that have have sailed into NYC. The itinerary states guests ashore at 730am on the 18th. What time should we expect to be finished with everything and ready to hop in a taxi? The reason I ask is because I plan on surprising my fiance with the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular and I'm hoping to do the 11am show.
Your 11:00 show time shouldn't be a problem. Everyone has to be off the ship by 9:00 I believe but you can leave the ship as soon as it has cleared customs. Last year we did the October 29 cruise out of NY and even after having breakfast we were out of there by 8:15.
Have a great time at the show!

Thanks for the reply Coach! We've never been on a cruise before and this was my number one concern. I'm 100% sure she'll love the show and take magical memories of it and the cruise back to Japan.

Does anyone have the link for the facebook group for this cruise? The one listed on the general Disney cruising group doesn't work, and the group that I found searching myself only had 8 people.
I do if you still need it. PM me as I’m not sure we’re allowed to post them on here.

We are going to visit the Jehovah’s Witness headquarters before the cruise. Looking for any of the friends that may be doing the same and are on this cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts