Disney Magic 12 nt. British Isles Cruise 2017

For those following along who are on the 2018 cruise, Victoria area is my go to area when I stay in London. I am going to London for a few days in December and I have booked Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Road, which is between Victoria train station and Victoria coach station and beside the coach pick up point for Golden Tours Harry Potter Studios Tour. There are 2 Comfort Inns in the Victoria area, I stay at the smaller one , which is a bit cheaper. I will be doing a London trip report when I get home :)

Looking forward to that trip report!

Those 2 locations must have been like night and day. Especially since everything you were acquainted with was in the Victoria area.
It really looks like a great hub to branch out from. I would have missed it too.

It's really a great area. We were a block from the coach pick up for the Golden Tours (probably quite close to where @BadPinkTink stays) and 2 -3 blocks form the Victoria Train Station. I made mom come with me on our crazy day of touring London (aka find the Bank of England to replace my out of date 5 pound notes) to say "see this is my favorite station in London." She thought I was mildly deranged :)

BTW - that young vlogger also posted a video on her London arrival which reminded me of you. Their taxi driver dropped them at the wrong Marriott - the Grosvenor House (13:22 mark) - which looks incredible inside from what she posted!

The lobby was lovely, I realize that in retrospect. There was a lady who would come in weekly (I think) and change out the flower arrangements. Mom had a long discussion with her and told me the arrangements had been purple the week before so it was neat to see them as described (sadly our week was orange and brown). I felt for the vlogger who must have been exhausted and then to be taken to the wrong hotel...eek!

The Piccadilly Tube Line existed before the airport was built. When Heathrow first opened, the tube line went direct to Terminals 1, 2 and 3 and then back to central London.

Terminal 4 was opened in 1986. They built a new loop on the tube line for this Terminal. When Terminal 4 opened they put 2 closed loop trains on the system, 1 which went direct to Terminals 1,2 and 3 only and then back to central London and 1 which went to Terminal 4, then Terminals 1,2 and 3 and then back to London.

I remember travelling to Heathrow during this time. If you took the one which went to Terminal 4 and then to Terminal 1,2 and 3, the train waited about 10 minutes on the track before going to Terminal, 3, then 2, then 1 and then back to London. (closed loop)

Terminal 5 at Heathrow is a new build, it was only opened in 2008 and was built west from the other loop of Terminals. Theres about 3 miles distance between the 2. When Terminal 5 was built, the tube line was extended in a straight line out to it. (closed loop)

Terminal 1 closed in 2015, which is why it is not on the Tube map

This means that to go to Terminal 5 you need to get the train which says Terminal 2, 3 and 5.

The 2 lines split after Hatton Cross, and there are plenty of announcements warning you of this and reminding you which closed loop train you are currently on.

View attachment 275869
Thank you so much for this explanation & background info.

LG if you figured out NYC you will easily figure out the Tube . Our problem was me. It was late afternoon and we'd been touring all day and I was in too much of a hurry to take a minute to get our bearings like JQ wanted. It's pretty simple to follow with the big signage everywhere. We just happened to be on a line that branches off not once - but twice. And both times we got on the wrong train. Too funny. But now we're pros!

For the LHR Underground: There are only 3 stations: Terminal 5 / Terminal 4 / Central 123 (together)

Logically, I was thinking same as you. Even if the trains didn't connect between T4 & T5 it shouldn't be that difficult to get from the one terminal to the other.
Worst case we could always walk or there would be a free bus or shuttle somehow.

Wrong. It doesn't work that way at London Heathrow. The Terminal 4 and Terminal 5 buildings are not connected to one another at all except via Perimeter Road. You can't walk between them. You can only walk between the Central terminals 2 & 3 but you can't go any further than that without taking some form of public transport.

And these terminals are pretty far from each other. (the tube map makes them seem so close but T5 to T3 takes about 5 mins. by rail)

View attachment 275879

The problem with the Underground rail lines at Heathrow is exactly what @BadPinkTink is describing. When they added T4, they used a separate closed loop line to get to it and kept operating their original closed loop to terminals 1,2,3 as well. So this has been standard operating procedure with the 2 different rail stops running to that airport for decades.

Then with the expansion of T5, they simply extended the one closed loop line for the central terminals 1,2,3 to now include T5. But that T4 line never got extended. It stayed exactly the same and continues to loop back toward London after you're dropped off. It's a strange set up but must have something to do with the engineering of the rail lines.

Great post. Yes plenty of announcements warning us over and over that we were on the Piccadilly Line to Heathrow terminals 4 and 123. It doesn't start mentioning you need to change trains if you're travelling to T5 until you get closer to the airport.

Funny how they still mention Terminal 1 in the announcements and signage. It must be used for something.
Great airport map-Thanks. The visual is helpful. My go-to for managing NYC subways is the official NYC MTA trip planner app. It does not appear there is an official London Underground app. Does anyone have one they would recommend? I can find a few third party apps with maps & timetables.

Great airport map-Thanks. The visual is helpful. My go-to for managing NYC subways is the official NYC MTA trip planner app. It does not appear there is an official London Underground app. Does anyone have one they would recommend? I can find a few third party apps with maps & timetables.

I'm not sure if there is an official app for the underground.
Wish I could help more, but obviously we didn't use one.

But there is an app they plug in this video which might be worth checking out.
It seems credible and it's a fairly recent clip (March 2017)

It's really a great area. We were a block from the coach pick up for the Golden Tours (probably quite close to where @BadPinkTink stays) and 2 -3 blocks form the Victoria Train Station. I made mom come with me on our crazy day of touring London (aka find the Bank of England to replace my out of date 5 pound notes) to say "see this is my favorite station in London." She thought I was mildly deranged :)

The lobby was lovely, I realize that in retrospect. There was a lady who would come in weekly (I think) and change out the flower arrangements. Mom had a long discussion with her and told me the arrangements had been purple the week before so it was neat to see them as described (sadly our week was orange and brown). I felt for the vlogger who must have been exhausted and then to be taken to the wrong hotel...eek!

I just went back and looked at the purple flowers. That hotel is beautiful. They don't say which Marriott they stayed at but it looked like they had to pay for a second taxi to get there.
I'm wondering if tourists being taken to the wrong hotel is common.

Oh and what does "replace my out of date 5 pound notes" mean? Do they expire?

Oh and what does "replace my out of date 5 pound notes" mean? Do they expire?

The Bank of England changed the 5 pound note in 2016. In September 2016 the new note which is made from Polymer with updated anti counterfeit features and has a different design went into circulation. In May 2017 the old paper 5 pound notes stopped being legal tender, ie shops etc no longer accept them.

After May 2017 anyone who has the old paper 5 pound note needs to exchange them at a bank

more information here https://www.thenewfiver.co.uk/

Anyone who travels regularly to UK usually keeps their left over money for their next trip. Im guessing that @tink1970 had left over money from a previous visit to UK.

Last edited:

The Bank of England changed the 5 pound note in 2016. In September 2016 the new note which is made from Polymer with updated anti counterfeit features and has a different design went into circulation. In May 2017 the old paper 5 pound notes stopped being legal tender, ie shops etc no longer accept them.

After May 2017 anyone who has the old paper 5 pound note needs to exchange them at a bank

Anyone who travels regularly to UK usually keeps their left over money for their next trip. Im guessing that @tink1970 had left over money from a previous visit to UK

Exactly! We are in Scotland annually (or have been for the past 5 years) plus post Brexit I took advantage of the more favorable exchange rate and knowing we had at least 3 UK trips in the nearish future, ordered more than normal.

I did learn they were going to start transitioning the 10 pound note in 2017 so made everyone in my family spend those first :)

Just saw a pound coin in my purse and a 20 pound note on DD's desk. Knowing her she tried to spend it :rolleyes1

I'm wondering if tourists being taken to the wrong hotel is common

Well, I know there's the Grosvenor House and a Grosvenor Hotel (not Marriott) plus a slew of other Marriott hotels so probably not uncommon!

Our hired by Disney driver took us somewhere that wasn't a Marriott nor had Grosvenor in its name so who knows ?

Really enjoying your trip report, can't wait to read more :)

Anyone who travels regularly to UK usually keeps their left over money for their next trip. Im guessing that @tink1970 had left over money from a previous visit to UK.

Exactly! We are in Scotland annually (or have been for the past 5 years) plus post Brexit I took advantage of the more favorable exchange rate and knowing we had at least 3 UK trips in the nearish future, ordered more than normal.

I did learn they were going to start transitioning the 10 pound note in 2017 so made everyone in my family spend those first :)

Just saw a pound coin in my purse and a 20 pound note on DD's desk. Knowing her she tried to spend it :rolleyes1

One more thing I was not aware of.

I had no idea you'd have to exchange old paper notes at the bank of England if they're not used by a certain date once out of circulation.

This is the perfect segway to introduce the topic of Money!
(and please anyone and everyone correct me and share since I'm a novice on this issue)

What money to carry? How much money to bring?

The British Isles Cruise can cross three different types of paper - The British Pound; The Scottish Pound; and the Euro (France/Ireland - Dublin & Cork)

The British and Scottish pound are both used and circulated in the UK.
The only difference seems to be when and where?

For us, the British pound was readily accepted throughout England, Scotland & Wales. We had no trouble using it anywhere. (I have no idea what the standards are in N. Ireland)

And I don't know if the Scottish pound is as easily spent away from Scotland despite so many insisting it is.

It is an old joke that it can be frowned upon when you try to spend "Scottish pounds sterling" outside of Scotland - especially in London.

Here's further discussion last year on Rick Steves' travel forum about the British vs Scottish pound:

https://community.ricksteves.com/travel-forum/scotland/british-pound-vs-scotish-pound

British Pound vs Scottish Pound

Posted by sdross1 on 06/27/16 06:49 PM

Is there a difference between currencies?

Christi Cotulla, TX, United States
06/27/16 06:59 PM 2344 posts

The currency in Scotland is not different from the rest of the United Kingdom in that it is also consists of British Pounds (£), although Scottish banks print their own versions. The have the save exchange value and can be used interchangeably.

I have heard but can not confirm that some businesses in England have refused Scottish notes - perhaps some of our UK folks can weigh in on that.

Frank Tresana, Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
06/27/16 07:09 PM 16317 posts

They look a little different, different pictures, but are the same. I have heard the same thing but encountered no resistance to the money when we used both interchangeably last year in Scotland and England.

Pamela New York City, NY, USA
06/27/16 07:12 PM 5070 posts

Supposedly, small business in the south look askance at it. But it's legal. I've never let it worry me and spent some of it Cambridge last winter.

Pam

Lola Seattle, WA
06/27/16 07:56 PM 8396 posts

The supermarket in a small town in Shropshire would not take our Scottish banknotes, so we had to take them to the local bank and exchange them.

On the other hand, we had no trouble paying for a restaurant dinner in London with our Bank of Clydesdale notes.

Mark Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
06/27/16 09:28 PM 1234 posts

A Pound is a Pound the world 'round. :-)

The Scottish and Northern Ireland Pounds (and technically Gibraltar for that matter) are perfectly good money and have exactly the same value as the British Pounds issued by the Bank of England. You should have no issues spending them anywhere in the UK, although some smaller shops look strangely at them. Those areas are allowed by agreement with the Bank of England to print up to a certain amount of their own Pound notes going back to when they were made part of the UK.

However, if you bring them to the US and want to cash them in for US$, you will have difficulty. The exchange booths at the airports won't touch them. Most large banks (Chase, Wells, Bank of America from my experience) do not see them as valid currency. Only English Pounds are exchangeable here. So spend them before you leave the UK or keep them for your next trip.

Lo Tucson
06/27/16 10:49 PM 2207 posts

The Scots took my English pounds, the English took my Scottish pounds. No problems in May-June.

That may change in the future. Then the Scots may want Euros along with the folks in Northern Ireland. Time and politics will tell.

Unclegus Edinburgh
06/28/16 01:28 AM 1354 posts

there are a few unenlightened folk in England that won't take Scottish notes but most will. My nephew was in a large supermarket near London recently, they refused his £20 scottish note, he walked away to the automated checkouts and the machine there was very happy to accept it.

emma London
06/28/16 03:30 AM 2852 posts

People often refuse them because they don't know what they are. The further south you go the less likely you are to see one so it is understandable if people are a little twitchy about receiving one.
That said you should have no major problems spending them in larger shops and restaurants.

Marco Oxford, United Kingdom
06/28/16 04:41 AM 3173 posts

Scottish bank notes are not legal tender anywhere including Scotland by the narrow definition of the term. They are though customary tender.

Mark Highlands Ranch, CO, USA
06/28/16 10:17 AM 1234 posts

And if you want to get technical, Bank of England Pound notes are legal tender only in England and Wales. Scottish and Northern Ireland Pound notes are not legal tender even in their respective countries - they are promisary notes similar to a check.

But who wants to get technical. :-)

06/28/16 05:19 PM 3173 posts

And Bank of England £1 and 10/- notes used to be legal tender throughout the UK as they were the successor to Treasury Notes issued by the government. A historical point for the notaphilist only.

Not much problem with Scottish bank notes these days. Northern Ireland ones on the other hand ...

BB Calgary
06/28/16 08:45 PM 249 posts

We had quite a bit of difficulty using our Scottish pounds in England (Salisbury area). Most people wouldn't take them, and it was the Sunday of a bank holiday weekend, so we couldn't take them to the bank.

Unclegus Edinburgh
06/29/16 03:45 AM 1354 posts

Bank of England is actually a misnomer, as the bank of England is actually the UK bank and issues notes that are legal in all areas of the UK.

Frank II Freedonia
06/29/16 07:34 AM 6107 posts

I used credit cards. Everybody took them.

lisaew Albany, NY
06/29/16 08:25 AM 232 posts

I have a question...there are a lot of places I am going in Scotland that will take "cash only." Will they take British pounds? or does this mean I have to go to the ATM, withdraw Scottish pounds just to pay for those things in Scotland?

I also use a AAA travel card for a lot of my ATM withdrawls and purchases at places that will take it (some small places will not). It is a Visa card that is pre-paid. I like it because if it gets stolen, I can invalidate it immediately and use my back up.

06/29/16 08:31 AM 3173 posts

There won't be any problem with Bank of England notes in Scotland. Many ATMs will dispense them locally anyway.

lisaew Albany, NY
06/29/16 08:41 AM 232 posts

So Marco...that means if I use an ATM in Scotland, I will get British pounds. However, if I use those pounds in a shop, I might get Scottish pounds back? And if I do, should I spend those rather than try and exchange them for British pounds at an airport?

Peter Manchester
06/29/16 09:07 AM 493 posts

All the money is British Pounds.

Some ATMs will give notes printed by the Bank of England (I think these are what you are calling British Pounds.)

Some ATMs will give notes printed by one of the Scottish banks. These are the ones you may (or may not) have trouble using outside Scotland.

You can pretty much always use Scottish notes in England but occasionally they will be refused (and shops are perfectly entitled to do so.) To be honest, like a lot of "Europe" travel issues on the internet (dress codes, pick-pockets, etc...) it's blown out of all proportion.

So, don't worry. If you can spend, the Scottish notes in Scotland. If not take them to England. If a shop refuses them, use them in the next place.

lisaew Albany, NY
06/29/16 09:35 AM 232 posts

Thank you! As always, these forums have information that has saved me some major stress on my trips. I remember getting ready to go to Italy and learned about in pin chip on these forums. None of my credit cards had pin chips but when I called a few of them, they re-issued pin chip cards just in time for my trip.

I am leaving from Scotland to come back to the USA, so, knowing that I need to use the Scottish pounds up before I leave has helped. What if I got to the airport in the USA, tried to cash them in, and they were not accepted? So...thank goodness this advice was posted here.

aggielawyer
07/04/16 01:43 PM 18 posts

I had a convenience store in the airport at Heathrow refuse my 20 pound note from Northern Ireland. I'm taking it to Scotland with me in September to see if I can use it then.

Unclegus Edinburgh
07/04/16 03:50 PM 1354 posts

should not be a problem, I get irish notes every now and then and never had a problem using them in Edinburgh. If you do have a problem just take it into a bank and they should change it for you.

Marco
Oxford, United Kingdom
07/04/16 05:35 PM 3173 posts

Don't expect Northern Ireland notes to be that much more acceptable in Scotland than England. My friend in Coleraine makes a point if that occurs to him of then refusing Scottish banknotes in Scotland in change, on the grounds that if you won't take any of mine, I won't take any of yours.

We exchanged US $ here in the States before we left. We carried 1200 in notes for a 12 night cruise = €400 + £800 and we took home about £65.
(we had to pay Mary Gibbons in cash in Dublin)

But our bank (TD Ameritrade) would only issue the British Pound and the Euro. (no Scottish Pound)

and 5 is the lowest of these denominations. There is no dollar bill.

British Pound

DSC02442.JPG

Euro

DSC02443.JPG

So we did not carry "the Scottish pound sterling".

Every once in a while the Scottish pound sterling did show up among our cash when receiving change in Scotland. So we made a point to use it up in Scotland since we weren't sure if we'd have difficulty using it in England or exchanging it back once we returned home.

Scottish Pound

P1010761.JPG

P1010760.JPG

The same thing goes for any British coins we'd accumulated. We spent them at the Dover airport since our bank won't exchange them.

Here's a sample of what they look like. These were confusing to use. Why? because we kept confusing them!
(especially the 20 pence - it's the size of a nickel and the 5 pence is the size of a dime and the 10 pence is the size of a quarter) Too funny.

This isn't all of them either. I think there's a 2 pound coin? I seem to recall that one in the mix and there's a one penny and a two pence coin. OMG!?!?

DSC02438.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks so much for all the valuable information, I really enjoyed reading this!!

thanks. Hope you had a great trip last month. Cruising the Med is on our bucket list. Would love to visit Italy.

We're holding out in hopes Disney does another 12 night that includes Croatia. (but 2019 looks to be a long shot from all the speculation)

but stay tuned. Dover is coming right up.

all above correct :)

just to clarify

The UK which is England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland use pounds sterling
Each of them (not too sure about Wales) PRINT their own notes. The banks in Northern Ireland print Northern Ireland notes, the banks in Scotland print their own Scottish notes. ALL are legal tender as ALL are the same currency and ALL belong to the same country.

The confusion occurs because of fear of counterfeiting. As most people only travel outside of their own region maybe once or twice a year they are not as familiar with the notes printed in other regions. Therefore they are reluctant to accept anything other than the generic normal Bank of England notes.

Also when buying currency at your local bank or money exchange when not in The UK you will only receive the generic normal Bank of England notes. You do not need to get Scottish or Northern Ireland sterling notes

Republic of Ireland and France use Euro

all above correct :)

just to clarify

The UK which is England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland use pounds sterling
Each of them (not too sure about Wales) PRINT their own notes. The banks in Northern Ireland print Northern Ireland notes, the banks in Scotland print their own Scottish notes. ALL are legal tender as ALL are the same currency and ALL belong to the same country.

The confusion occurs because of fear of counterfeiting. As most people only travel outside of their own region maybe once or twice a year they are not as familiar with the notes printed in other regions. Therefore they are reluctant to accept anything other than the generic normal Bank of England notes.

Also when buying currency at your local bank or money exchange when not in The UK you will only receive the generic normal Bank of England notes. You do not need to get Scottish or Northern Ireland sterling notes

Republic of Ireland and France use Euro

Many thanks Tink. I've updated my post to clarify the sterling.

So what happens if you try to use a Northern Ireland note in England or Scotland? or vice versa? I've heard Northern Ireland prefers their own notes to the British or Scottish pound.

Some day I would love to cruise around Ireland. Disney just scratches the surface.

Many thanks Tink. I've updated my post to clarify the sterling.

So what happens if you try to use a Northern Ireland note in England or Scotland? or vice versa? I've heard Northern Ireland prefers their own notes to the British or Scottish pound.

Some day I would love to cruise around Ireland. Disney just scratches the surface.

Ive been to Belfast twice, never had an issue using the generic Bank of England notes. When I lived in Scotland and visited London, if I had Scottish notes I made sure to use them only in tourist places ie McDonalds on Oxford Street. Most times if there was an issue with the the till person I just asked to speak to a manager and then the note was accepted. Its mostly in places which dont get alot of tourists that they are more wary of accepting Scottish or Northern Ireland notes. Also as there are alot of migrant European workers in The UK, some may not be aware of the regional notes. Thats another reason why they may not be accepted, as the person may only have seen the generic Bank of England notes. The easiest thing to do, if you have notes from a different region and you are worried they may not be accepted is to just go into any bank and exchange them for the generic Bank of England notes.

Disney Magic
July 9, 2017

British Isles Embarkation Day
(weather – sunny high 77 °F / 25 °C)

Are we There Yet? PART I

DCL runs the Dover transfers from the Sofitel like a well oiled machine.

They take care of everything:
  • luggage picked up from your hotel room and delivered to your stateroom
  • door to door transportation to the port
  • scheduled on time arrival in Dover
  • with added guarantee the ship will not set sail without us.
Some big perks for $ 62.50!

Right now it's 10:30 am and we’re all anxiously waiting in the lobby ready to go.

DSC02517.JPG

The busses start rolling in.

DSC02510.JPG

This is really it! After more than a year of planning the cruise is finally here.

DSC02524.JPG

bell services immediately kicks into high gear loading up the luggage

DSC02525.JPG

Disney was using these color coded character slips to designate each bus.

DSC02537a.JPG

We're Bus #2 - blue Donald

DSC02541.JPG

orange Goofy gets called first.

"No. that’s blue Donald. we're on orange Goofy. See?"

DSC02535.JPG

We’re next. Time to go!

DSC02551.JPG

The busses had a steep set of stairs to contend with which was a problem for some with mobility issues. I’m not sure what the DCL reps. did to resolve it, but I don’t believe everyone was able to manage the climb. (they may have used a van)

DSC02576.JPG

We left promptly at 11:01 am.

DSC02553.JPG

continued.......

Last edited:
Love the update. Can't wait to see the ship! I'm excited for you and I'm not even on the cruise. :P Thanks for posting all the little details, too.

This may be in the wrong spot. If so, I’m sorry. We are on the 7 nt BI cruise in 2018. We are sailing the QM2 from NYC to Southampton which will arrive the morning that the Magic sails from Dover. Any suggestions what transportation company we could use to get from Southampton to Dover? We are 2 older adults. We will have 2 walkers, 2 large 26” suitcases,1 train case, 1 carryon for medicine, and a CPAP and cleaner. Bus and subway is not an option. I don’t really care about the cost, I’m more interested in reputable and safe! TIA for any help!

Ive been to Belfast twice, never had an issue using the generic Bank of England notes. When I lived in Scotland and visited London, if I had Scottish notes I made sure to use them only in tourist places ie McDonalds on Oxford Street. Most times if there was an issue with the the till person I just asked to speak to a manager and then the note was accepted. Its mostly in places which dont get alot of tourists that they are more wary of accepting Scottish or Northern Ireland notes. Also as there are alot of migrant European workers in The UK, some may not be aware of the regional notes. Thats another reason why they may not be accepted, as the person may only have seen the generic Bank of England notes. The easiest thing to do, if you have notes from a different region and you are worried they may not be accepted is to just go into any bank and exchange them for the generic Bank of England notes.

very interesting. So we have the British pound and the Scottish pound. What do they call the notes in Northern Ireland? The Irish pound?
We've gotta go back!

Love the update. Can't wait to see the ship! I'm excited for you and I'm not even on the cruise. :P Thanks for posting all the little details, too.

Thanks so much. The ship is in sight so stay tuned! It was an awesome cruise and I can't wait to share it.

This may be in the wrong spot. If so, I’m sorry. We are on the 7 nt BI cruise in 2018. We are sailing the QM2 from NYC to Southampton which will arrive the morning that the Magic sails from Dover. Any suggestions what transportation company we could use to get from Southampton to Dover? We are 2 older adults. We will have 2 walkers, 2 large 26” suitcases,1 train case, 1 carryon for medicine, and a CPAP and cleaner. Bus and subway is not an option. I don’t really care about the cost, I’m more interested in reputable and safe! TIA for any help!

Wow! What a trip. Sounds amazing! Here's where I would start re: transfers. For your situation a car hire is probably the best option to consider.

This company is big and reputable, and may fit your needs. It is a luxury ride and the prices are double what we paid, but Southampton is a longer drive to Dover than we had.
You'll want the comfort and personal service.

https://www.realtransfers.co.uk/Cruise-Terminals/Southampton

If I find anything else, I will pass it along.

Glad to have you here.

very interesting. So we have the British pound and the Scottish pound. What do they call the notes in Northern Ireland? The Irish pound?
We've gotta go back!

Thanks so much. The ship is in sight so stay tuned! It was an awesome cruise and I can't wait to share it.

Wow! What a trip. Sounds amazing! Here's where I would start re: transfers. For your situation a car hire is probably the best option to consider.

This company is big and reputable, and may fit your needs. It is a luxury ride and the prices are double what we paid, but Southampton is a longer drive to Dover than we had.
You'll want the comfort and personal service.

https://www.realtransfers.co.uk/Cruise-Terminals/Southampton

If I find anything else, I will pass it along.

Glad to have you here.
Thank you so much poison ivy! I checked that website and it sounds like exactly what we need! BTW, after the 7 nt BI cruise, we then sail back to the states on the Magic 11 nt WBTA cruise!

I'm loving all the info you are providing. Anxiously waiting the 2019 itineraries, hoping to do this cruise then. ThankYou!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!