Disney Magic 8 Nights; 2 Days in St. Petersburg August 5-13, 2020

Angel- sorry about the potential change. I sure hope not! BUT - This is a surprise for my husband for Christmas. I was at a Holiday Mart and they had Christmas ornaments...one was a ship is Disney colors. You could then add little Mickey heads and get names written on them, to put on the ship. Needless to say, I got one, had our names added and will wrap that up for him to open Christmas Day. I had to tell my daughter, because she wondered what the heck I was doing. This surprise stuff is fun!

Angel- sorry about the potential change. I sure hope not! BUT - This is a surprise for my husband for Christmas. I was at a Holiday Mart and they had Christmas ornaments...one was a ship is Disney colors. You could then add little Mickey heads and get names written on them, to put on the ship. Needless to say, I got one, had our names added and will wrap that up for him to open Christmas Day. I had to tell my daughter, because she wondered what the heck I was doing. This surprise stuff is fun!
What a neat way to surprise your husband! He would be thrilled!

Unfortunately I decided to postpone the Northern Europe cruise to 2022. Hope DCL will have one with two or three days at St. Petersburg then. I have moved my OBB to a Very Merrytime cruise in December 2020 instead. It’s only 3 nights and we will visit WDW before and after the cruise. I will still be following along with your planning here to get insights for my future cruise. It’s hard to forego this trip though. I really wanted to go and had planned out everything. Facts of life I guess.

Have fun planning everyone!

We have been booked since March as well! This will be our second Disney cruise, and we will be bringing our four children: 10, 7, 5 and 9 months at time of sailing! We might be a little ambitious, but are so so excited for this itinerary and to be able to take the kids too. My husband is fluent in Russian (full disclosure-this is madasahatters wife posting under his name), and two days in St Pete is a dream! Wow, we haven't even considered flights yet, but loving the ideas about going elsewhere in Europe and getting cheaper flights over to Copenhagen. We're excited to spend a couple extra days to see some of what Copenhagen has to offer as well, but hadnt yet decided if we should do it before or after the cruise. We're so excited to be here for all the planning and anticipation of good things to come!

We have been booked since March as well! This will be our second Disney cruise, and we will be bringing our four children: 10, 7, 5 and 9 months at time of sailing! We might be a little ambitious, but are so so excited for this itinerary and to be able to take the kids too. My husband is fluent in Russian (full disclosure-this is madasahatters wife posting under his name), and two days in St Pete is a dream! Wow, we haven't even considered flights yet, but loving the ideas about going elsewhere in Europe and getting cheaper flights over to Copenhagen. We're excited to spend a couple extra days to see some of what Copenhagen has to offer as well, but hadnt yet decided if we should do it before or after the cruise. We're so excited to be here for all the planning and anticipation of good things to come!

Hey Mad....I know that is your husband but LOVE the name. Our daughter "knew" Alice in Wonderland at WDW for several years so we are "anything Alice" fans! And I think it is a wonderful experience for your kids!

Hi all.... first time posting but a 7-time Disney Cruiser. This will be our second European Disney cruise out of Copenhagen. We love Copenhagen so much that we plan on staying several days after the trip to tour the City. Last time we cruised out of Copenhagen, we arrived 3 days before the trip to tour around. Our daughter, now 13, wants to go back to Tivoli Gardens and ride bikes around town.... AGAIN. Can't wait to get back on the Magic!!!

Happy New Year everyone. It's 2020. For me, the countdown to the trip feels real now :)

Hi all.... first time posting but a 7-time Disney Cruiser. This will be our second European Disney cruise out of Copenhagen. We love Copenhagen so much that we plan on staying several days after the trip to tour the City. Last time we cruised out of Copenhagen, we arrived 3 days before the trip to tour around. Our daughter, now 13, wants to go back to Tivoli Gardens and ride bikes around town.... AGAIN. Can't wait to get back on the Magic!!!

Please share your tips for Copenhagen. We will be there for two days before the cruise begins. We will be looking for kid-friendly ideas as we will be touring with our son and daughter. They will be turning 8 during the first leg of our stop in London.

Happy New Year everyone. It's 2020. For me, the countdown to the trip feels real now :)

Please share your tips for Copenhagen. We will be there for two days before the cruise begins. We will be looking for kid-friendly ideas as we will be touring with our son and daughter. They will be turning 8 during the first leg of our stop in London.

I'm not a pro, as we've never been ourselves, but we've been looking at Tivolli Gardens and the Viking ship museum with our kids. We will have just a day and a half in Copenhagen after the cruise, and are hopeful we can get to both, as well as the Church of Our Lady where there is a well known Christus and 12 apostles statues. We've also heard about the zoo being great, and that there is a large Lego store, but I don't think we'll make it to those as well.

I'm excited to hear other's ideas too, and any recommended child-friendly port adventures. We were looking into a third party tour provider (we had heard about Anastasia tours I believe on another disboards thread - but we had been looking in April 2019, and they had promised a 55% discount if we payed in full then and we just weren't at that point yet). I think that would allow us to tailor it more to what we can handle with 4 small children ... but surely there are some good options through Disney too, right? Any ideas or suggestions?

We booked flights this week!! Flying in with flights guaranteed through Disney Air the morning of embarking, and staying a day and a half after disembarking. Its definitely starting to feel real. I downloaded the Navigator app already ;) and was looking through last year's 7-night Northern European navigators online because I haven't seen any 8-night ones (is this the first year it is offered?). Last night we started re-watching old Amazing Race episodes for the cities we will be visiting. I'd seen another thread mention some books they read with kids before Copenhagen (e.g. Hans Christian Anderson, Pippy Longstocking), and we've already pulled out the animated Anastasia movie and learned a couple words in Russian. What do you guys do to get excited or ready? This will be our families first time to each of these destinations so we are pretty excited to spend the next 202 days preparing and learning more haha.

Hey Mad....I know that is your husband but LOVE the name. Our daughter "knew" Alice in Wonderland at WDW for several years so we are "anything Alice" fans! And I think it is a wonderful experience for your kids!
We were there in 2006 when my husband was friends with Mad Hatter ... hence the name :) ... and again in 2008-2010!

My husband and two sons will be doing our first Disney Cruise (and our first ever cruise anywhere!) on this trip. We are looking forward to the experience and any advice others have!
You guys are going to be spoiled for sure for a first cruise!! What a trip to be your first!

Hi everyone. This may be duplicate info for any of you who are also following the social-media-site that we aren't supposed to refer to, LOL... but in case you aren't, I wanted to share some info here about the 2-day St. Petersburg private tour that I've put together for our family with Anastasia Tours. This has been customized a bit from what is advertised on their website. I'm looking to find one more family of 4 or 5 to join us, which will help bring the price down a little bit and hopefully make it a bit more fun for our kids to share the experience with. Our son and daughter will be 8. Please let me know if you think you might be interested and I can give you more details. Here is the short and sweet version:

Day One highlights include: the Hermitage guided tour; hydrofoil trip; Peterhoff fountains tour; explore the St. Petersburg metro; and Matryoshka doll-painting activity. 9:30 a.m.-7:00 p.m.

Day Two highlights include: Peter and Paul's Fortress visit; St. Isaac's Cathedral; Church of the Savior on the Spilled Blood; and walk along Nevsky Prospekt with time for shopping. 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

It looks like the cost per person will be $297 USD if booked before February 14 (small discount for children age 7-17, I think). Children 6 and under are free. This price is based on a group of 8 (two families of four). Gratuity for guide and driver is additional and at your discretion. Lunch each day is also additional. Blanket visas are included.

Feel free to send me a PM if you want to chat more. This trip has been so much fun to research!

We were there in 2006 when my husband was friends with Mad Hatter ... hence the name :) ... and again in 2008-2010!
My daughter was friends with Alice. It was 2003-2006 I think! She then stayed seasonal and was friends with the mice.

I am glad to see that you are all busy planning your Northern European cruise. I hope to book it for summer of 2022. I just secured my DVC rental stay for Christmas 2020 at Animal Kingdom Villa. I was disappointed to cancel this cruise, but now I am all excited about my first Christmas celebration at Disney World. It turned out that I could have kept my original cruise plan, but the change allows me to have an all girls trip with my elderly mom this summer. I will continue to follow you all to share the fun planning this amazing cruise here.

Happy New Year and happy planning to you all!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if people do Fish Extenders on the longer and overseas cruises?

Yes, there is a Fish Extender exchange being planned for this sailing. Participants have requested it be a "tiny objects" exchange so as to not require the luggage space that some exchanges take

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!