Disney Magic: Aug 16th, 2018 - 10-Night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland Cruise from Copenhagen to Dover

I set my alarm clock to register for this cruise as soon as I could. This will be our first cruise ever!

I set my alarm clock to register for this cruise as soon as I could. This will be our first cruise ever!
Wow. This should be a good one too. DW was "sold" on DCL before me. We went on a 3-Day'er in 2007 and, it was ok. Then we went on RoyalCaribbean with my alumni-college classmates (uggh, not so good). Then . . . I noticed really low prices for TransAtlantic repositioning cruises in 2009 . . . and we resolved to jump on one of those the next year. We did. We have a DS (9 in 2010; almost 17 when this one goes) and he has done all levels of the children's activities. Strongly recommend.

Visiting "real places" (vs. shopping malls quay-side, like Nassau, St Thomas, etc. seem to be) like Cadiz, Madera, Barcelona. Oh my! And the service and niceties on the DCL are fantastic. I think you/family will like.

We booked on this cruise (DH, myself & DS will be 9). We are going to come into Copenhagen the weekend before to sightsee. We will see how much vacation time we can get, to hopefully stay on one week in England.
We went on the Alaskan cruise two years ago and loved the scenery and nature, so really looking forward to this cruise!

My family of four is booked on this cruise, too. My daughters will be 14 and 17 next summer. It will be our 6th cruise and my eldest's last chance to enjoy Vibe.

Wow. This should be a good one too. DW was "sold" on DCL before me. We went on a 3-Day'er in 2007 and, it was ok. Then we went on RoyalCaribbean with my alumni-college classmates (uggh, not so good). Then . . . I noticed really low prices for TransAtlantic repositioning cruises in 2009 . . . and we resolved to jump on one of those the next year. We did. We have a DS (9 in 2010; almost 17 when this one goes) and he has done all levels of the children's activities. Strongly recommend.

Visiting "real places" (vs. shopping malls quay-side, like Nassau, St Thomas, etc. seem to be) like Cadiz, Madera, Barcelona. Oh my! And the service and niceties on the DCL are fantastic. I think you/family will like.
My family is total sold on Disney. We have been on a lot of vacations to Disney World and always have a great time. My husband said he would only go on a cruise if it was Disney! I am so excited for our first cruise.

I would like any advice on things not to miss on board. When do the official excursions get posted? Are they the ones that are currently shown, or are those examples? What about the activities like wine tastings; when are those schedules available? I like to plan ahead.

. . . My husband said he would only go on a cruise if it was Disney! I am so excited for our first cruise.

I would like any advice on things not to miss on board. When do the official excursions get posted? Are they the ones that are currently shown, or are those examples? What about the activities like wine tastings; when are those schedules available? I like to plan ahead.

Your husband sounds like a very wise man. Excursions, Wine/Chocolate Tastings, etc., may be planned AFTER Paid-in-Full date, 120 ~ 75 days before the cruise, depending on "Castaway" status.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/ports-port-adventure-excursions/booking/

Except for the Princess Meet & Greets, and perhaps the Character Meals, very few of these special options, "sell out" before the cruise. And just like the ADR's at the parks, they always hold back some capacity for a) the first day on the ship, and b) even the day before. So even if "full," don't give up and keep asking at Guest Services on-board etc. We couldn't get the night at Palo we wanted before a recent Wonder cruise, but after waiting in line on the first afternoon on-board were all set up.

DCL service is SO, SO, good . . . almost any reasonable, and many ridiculous, requests are granted. Truly "Magic"-al. So finally, answering your 1st question:

• Kids Clubs are fantastic for the kids, and the parents. Many pluses you will learn.
  • MDiningRoom is a wonderful "show" and the food can be healthy, moderate or lavish, as you wish. Waiters are there to take care of you, and we tip them generously as that is their income.
  • Palo is worth doing with one's DH/DW at least once -- it is a treat too.
  • Cove Cafe on Deck 9 is great for tea, coffee and yummies. Daisy's De-Lights has some great healthy options. Bring your own large tumbler to get and tote soft drinks.
  • Main shows are very good, if somewhat predictable.
  • After-hour and early evening shows in Waves or other smaller venues can be fun too.
  • Take any and all ship tours. Also, walk around on different decks and get a feel for the layout. I like the staircase on the Aft that goes from Deck 4 - 9 (Cabana's)
  • Get up early and take a stroll on the Deck 4 Promenade in the morning. 3 times around is 1 mile!
  • Bring binoculars to see Norway, etc.
  • Many people enjoy decorating their (magnetic) door, and putting a "Fish Extender" up to receive little gifts from others in your group (you give them little gifts in return). This is my wife's department although I have an interesting idea that we may try.

Thanks for the great suggestions! I definitely want to try Palo!

My Partner and I are saving to go on this cruise! We are From New Zealand and can't wait! It will be our first trip overseas together!

We're interested to know if anyone is doing the fish extenders? We might be interested in participating!

Just booked this cruise! We just came off of a 12 night British Isles cruise. Great trip! Ready to head to cooler weather for the summer again. :)

I'm so excited! We're from Melbourne Australia, this will be our 2nd Disney cruise, and 2nd ever cruise, and first time to Europe! We're me (Nay) & Dave and our son Emmitt, who will be just-turned-7 when we sail. He doesn't know yet of course, because I couldn't stand a year of "which trains will we go on in Europe Mummy?" I've started researching tours and excursions, and am keen to get involved in meet 'n' greets and group activities and bookings!

Much like y'all, I am excited for this adventure. My husband and I are considering touring other countries either before or after the cruise. Is anyone else? And if yes, what are y'all considering?

Currently I am thinking London or Paris with an escape to Disneyland Paris - but uncertain

Much like y'all, I am excited for this adventure. My husband and I are considering touring other countries either before or after the cruise. Currently I am thinking London or Paris with an escape to Disneyland Paris - but uncertain

Depends on your vacation flexibility and time . . . and money, but we really enjoyed London before our Baltic Cruise. We "only" had 4 days and it was NOT enough. So easy to get around, so much to see wrto different aspects of the rich history of England, and its relationship with the United States. Plus a variety of transportation options to/from Dover.

Much like y'all, I am excited for this adventure. My husband and I are considering touring other countries either before or after the cruise. Is anyone else? And if yes, what are y'all considering?

Currently I am thinking London or Paris with an escape to Disneyland Paris - but uncertain
We plan on 2 days in Copenhagen before the cruise, 2 days in London - followed by 7 days in Paris after the cruise. I am currently planning to go to Disneyland for 1 day. I am enjoying researching and planning all of the things to do and see.

We plan on 2 days in Copenhagen before the cruise, 2 days in London - followed by 7 days in Paris after the cruise. I am currently planning to go to Disneyland for 1 day. I am enjoying researching and planning all of the things to do and see.
When we went for the Norway cruise in 2015, we flew into Billund for the original Legoland in Denmark before taking a train to Copenhagen. We really enjoyed it, so just in case there is also a Lego fan in your group that would be interested :). Of course, there is plenty to do in Copenhagen as well.

We just finished the 12-day Isles cruise and have booked this one for 2018. We are excited!

Thanks for the great suggestions! I definitely want to try Palo!
Palo is definitely worth a try, and I would even suggest that you try twice, once for dinner and once for brunch. Different settings but both offer awesome food. We love the buffet offerings at Palo brunch before they serve the main dishes. Brunches are only served on sea days so you may not be able to get a table when you do online planning/reservations, but a representative from Palo would be right at the main restaurant next to the lobby gangway when you board the ship to help you make the reservations. I have had no issues getting a reservation on the ship in the past.

We just finished the 12-day Isles cruise and have booked this one for 2018. We are excited!

We came back from the British Isles cruise and had to book this one too. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the stateroom or category we wanted, but we'll be on the cruise! This will be our 10th DCL cruise!!

Had a fantastic time on the British Isles cruise and very much looking forward to see Norway and Iceland!!:cool1:

Less than 1 year to go! I'm looking into non-DCL excursions in Iceland, and am getting frustrated that the Golden Circle seems to require at least 8 hours, and leave at 9am-ish - and we land at 12:30pm, and leave at 3:30pm the next day. Would love to hear if anyone finds a good solution to this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!