Disney 'Magic Band' RFID bracelet revealed!!

Sorry I clicked the wrong link! Saw it, but I really don't get it...so your entire party needs to be together to somehow scan it for Fast passes or is it just your Ticket?

I believe one person could just collect everyone's wrist band and scan them at a fastpass machine ... much like people do now with everyone's tickets in their party. That is of course if they keep the ticket fastpass machines. The article says the wristband can be used for ticketless Fastpass, i.e. Fastpass+

Wonder if our AP's will be transferred to arm bands or if we won't get FP privileges anymore.

Anybody else notice they are assembled in China? So much for made in the USA

Wonder if our AP's will be transferred to arm bands or if we won't get FP privileges anymore.

When these were first rumored, what a year ago, it was figured that "regular ticket stock" would also be RFID chipped. Like they did for the trial at Epcot.

This wrist band replaces the KTTW card.

Oh good lord. Not another NickHotel gig.

In my opinion, the wristband thing is just annoying. Hopefully, they'll be removable so you can take it off and put it back on.

Oh good lord. Not another NickHotel gig.

In my opinion, the wristband thing is just annoying. Hopefully, they'll be removable so you can take it off and put it back on.

Yes I am assuming that they will be removable. I doubt its going to be like a ankle monitor.

Didn't this all get hashed out a year ago?

Check it out for yourselves but it looks official now. I have to say I am very excited about this!

SOURCE
~Yay!!! I totally agree, this is so exciting! I knew the bracelets were going to be called "Magic Bands". It was a DISer who revealed that info several months back. It's all coming together now! And the RFID bracelets look fabulous! :goodvibes

Terrible idea. I don't want to walk around for week with a bracelet on.

And what happened to the "going green" initiative that eliminated the EMH wristband because they were adding to landfills. I'm no tree-hugger, but I'm saying a electronic, battery powered polyurethane wristband, worn by 10's of thousands of people everyday is a little more polluting then few paper strips.

am I the only one not excited about wearing a plasticy bracelet in the Florida heat and humidity! :crazy2: Yucky, sweaty, rubbery, blah!

I'm in the "don't wanna wear a bracelet" camp. Surely it could be worn on a lanyard, clipped to a bag, etc., as long as it's on your person somewhere. ???

am I the only one not excited about wearing a plasticy bracelet in the Florida heat and humidity! :crazy2: Yucky, sweaty, rubbery, blah!

No you are not alone!!! I hate the idea, not for myself but for my son. He has sensory issues and any kind of wristband bothers him!!! When we go to MVMCP he pulls at the wristband from the minute they put it on him, midway thru the night it's usually off. I can't even imagine him wearing one our entire 10 day trip:headache:
Laurie

In addition to all the points made- I am not happy to see that it has names on it. I don't put names on my girls' hats or clothing I am not happy to have their name on a bracelet for anyone to see and read.

In addition to all the points made- I am not happy to see that it has names on it. I don't put names on my girls' hats or clothing I am not happy to have their name on a bracelet for anyone to see and read.

I'm also afraid that, especially with a too-big bracelet made cheaply, it will be easier to lose and break it. At least with the KTTW cards, I can stick the card, my school ID, gift cards for the day, and any FP's in a small zippered section of my purse and not have to worry about losing it.

Anybody else notice they are assembled in China? So much for made in the USA

Saw that. Good grief...we need made in America Mickey! Guess I'll have to keep the band in my pocket or elsewhere. I don't wear a watch or bracelets..can't stand anything on my wrists. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter