Disney Magic in Liverpool

~Piglet~

DIS Veteran
I am so looking forward to seeing the Disney Magic sailing her way up the River Mersey next week - does anyone know what time the ship is due into port please and also what time she is due to depart? I'm hoping to hear the ships horn too, it gives me goosebumps :goodvibes

That's great, thank you! Looks like i'll be getting up early then to see her come in :)

I work across the water and have a fab view of the Liverpool waterfront from my office...don't think I'll get much work done next Friday!

Luckily the kids have an inset day so I am off work :cool1: I will be watching from Wirral side too :) The Disney Magic is coming back to Liverpool on 12th June as well I think.

On the 12th June, which is a Sunday, there are a lot of things planned by the waterside, it was in the Echo last night.

I may go,and watch her sail out on Friday from Crosby beach, but it will.make me sad! However, I may be booking the Iceland one in July today, so if I have that sorted, it will help!

The article,was here

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/disney-magic-cruise-ship-coming-11379915

Yes, I read that K8T! It looks good, i'm planning to make a day of it with the kids too :) I checked with Liverpool council today for up to date cruise times and they are giving the sail away time on Friday as 6.15 p.m. Due to arrive from Dublin at 3.00 a.m. Friday morning. If they sound the horn I will be in tears :sad:

Reactions: K8T

On the 12th June, which is a Sunday, there are a lot of things planned by the waterside, it was in the Echo last night.

I may go,and watch her sail out on Friday from Crosby beach, but it will.make me sad! However, I may be booking the Iceland one in July today, so if I have that sorted, it will help!

The article,was here

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/disney-magic-cruise-ship-coming-11379915
Thanks for sharing this, we are in Wigan and going on our first cruise in July on the Magic - I wasn't going to tell the kids to a bit nearer the time but it might be fun to tell them and go and see her in June so they know what the ship looks like. Or I might skip work on Friday and just go down myself :)

Oooh, how exciting Rachel! i'm sure you will have a lovely time :) We sailed on the Wonder a few years ago and it was fabulous, would love to do another Disney Cruise some day...

Rachel, where are you cruising? I am trying to get the price down on the 13th July one.

We have a discount and OBC with Dreams, but can't use it for this cruise. Cheapest so far is with Cruise co Uk, who did you book with?

Rachel, where are you cruising? I am trying to get the price down on the 13th July one.

We have a discount and OBC with Dreams, but can't use it for this cruise. Cheapest so far is with Cruise co Uk, who did you book with?
Hi - I booked direct on the website actually, despite it being the first week of school holidays it wasn't too bad. Only booked a month ago though and there still seems to be availability in every type so maybe that's why it is more reasonable. We are on the 25th July Dover to Barcelona. I might try a TA if we do it again, as hopefully I will know a bit more what to ask for

If you are going to book in future, make sure you like it first! Then when you are onboard, go to the cruise booking desk and book a 'dummy' placeholder cruise. This means you can take advantage of a 10% discount and on board credit when you book next time.m if it's a three day cruise, the deposit you pay there and then, will be small. If you say you would like to transfer to a travel agent, we use Dreams Unlimited, DCL will inform Dreams and they will then contact you and also give you on board credit.

We have done this a few times and have been able to knock forward to the next year if we haven't wanted to take the cruise,mi think you can do this two, possibly three times, or you can just get your deposit back, as long as you are outside the cancellation time for the cruise. However, Dreams manage this for you. It can be worth doing. A search on the boards will give you more info.

Having said this, we did exactly this last year, but the cruise we want now, is not eligible for the on board booking offer! So despite a having 10% off a cruise and a deposit with Dreams along with two lots of on board credit, we can't use it! Sooo frustrating.

I'm not going tonight, :(

If you are going to book in future, make sure you like it first! Then when you are onboard, go to the cruise booking desk and book a 'dummy' placeholder cruise. This means you can take advantage of a 10% discount and on board credit when you book next time.m if it's a three day cruise, the deposit you pay there and then, will be small. If you say you would like to transfer to a travel agent, we use Dreams Unlimited, DCL will inform Dreams and they will then contact you and also give you on board credit.

We have done this a few times and have been able to knock forward to the next year if we haven't wanted to take the cruise,mi think you can do this two, possibly three times, or you can just get your deposit back, as long as you are outside the cancellation time for the cruise. However, Dreams manage this for you. It can be worth doing. A search on the boards will give you more info.

Having said this, we did exactly this last year, but the cruise we want now, is not eligible for the on board booking offer! So despite a having 10% off a cruise and a deposit with Dreams along with two lots of on board credit, we can't use it! Sooo frustrating.

I'm not going tonight, :(
Thanks for the tips. I will definitely see if my husband likes it first before booking another! He is a bit dubious about it all but I managed to get him to agree when he was hungover on a Sunday (I think he just wanted me to stop talking).

It is expensive, hope you get a deal!

The article,was here

We'll be on the June 12th sailing - we have a morning Beatles excursion and then the rest of the day on our own. Thanks for sharing this link! We are excited about being in Liverpool. I was recently doing some ancestry.com research and found where my great-grandfather left from Liverpool heading to America in the early 1900s. He was from Finland - and we were lucky enough to go to Helsinki six years ago via Disney Magic where we met some cousins that we are related to through him.

Any advice on what to do in our afternoon in Liverpool? Two adults and two young-adult sons.

We'll be on the June 12th sailing - we have a morning Beatles excursion and then the rest of the day on our own. Thanks for sharing this link! We are excited about being in Liverpool. I was recently doing some ancestry.com research and found where my great-grandfather left from Liverpool heading to America in the early 1900s. He was from Finland - and we were lucky enough to go to Helsinki six years ago via Disney Magic where we met some cousins that we are related to through him.

Any advice on what to do in our afternoon in Liverpool? Two adults and two young-adult sons.
Assuming you will have visited the Cavern Club as part of your tour, I think I would be tempted to wander around as it is a mixture of old and new. There is Liverpool One (newish shopping and entertainment complex) with a huge array of chain and independent shops then perhaps head to the old Albert Dock area and maybe visit the Tate gallery (modern art) if you like that sort of thing. There are also several museums - World Museum has a small but good aquarium and some Ancient Greek / Roman exhibits plus an astronomy section (and it is free) or there is the Slavery Museum at the Albert Dock. I have only lived in the north west for 15 years but Liverpool city centre has been significantly regenerated during that time and I think you will love it. Enjoy your trip!

I think the the cathedrals are a must, particularly the Anglican one - there are two, very near each other. There is also a National Trust property a short walk away from them, where a Photographer used to live the house is literally as he left it and well worth a visit to see it. I will see if I can find a link, you may have to book.

Could be worth going to the Panoramic Restaurant for tea, amazing views, or just to the bar there, or the new White Star hotel on the waterfront area, pretty impressive too. Oh and the Philharmonic Pub, very traditional, the men's toilets are amazing!

We booked today 15th July Magic from Copenhagen, I can now go and see her in June - do you think they will let me put some bags on?!!!! ;)

Has anyone photos of her coming out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts