Disney Magic in Liverpool

Yep, was pretty special.

We drove out to Burbo Bank as well to watch her sail out to sea which was amazing

We headed down to the prom at Vale Park, New Brighton :) The waterfront at Liverpool looked fabulous, I felt so proud of the whole Pier Head area for the passengers getting off the ship - much nicer than Nassau docks when we were on board the Wonder! #Merseypride :)

Magic 1.JPG

magic 2.jpg

Magic 3.jpg

We'll be on the June 12th sailing - we have a morning Beatles excursion and then the rest of the day on our own. Thanks for sharing this link! We are excited about being in Liverpool. I was recently doing some ancestry.com research and found where my great-grandfather left from Liverpool heading to America in the early 1900s. He was from Finland - and we were lucky enough to go to Helsinki six years ago via Disney Magic where we met some cousins that we are related to through him.

Any advice on what to do in our afternoon in Liverpool? Two adults and two young-adult sons.

Liverpool is certainly a great place to visit, with plenty to do right at the dockside as Rachel has mentioned :) The Museum of Liverpool is just to the right of the Cruise terminal when you disembark; this is a great Museum for kids - not a 'stuffy' Museum but more a 20th century history of Liverpool with lots of interactive things to do too. Our kids love the Karaoke room :)

Are your boys football/soccer fans? the Liverpool Football Club stadium tour at Anfield is good and I suppose I should mention Everton FC too (although not as much silverware!! :laughing:).

Or catch a 'Ferry Cross the Mersey' over to Wirral :) If you sail to Seacombe you could walk down the promenade to New Brighton and visit our driftwood pirate ship; The Black Pearl. Kids (and Adults!) are able to climb aboard and play on her - google 'Black Pearl New Brighton' for pics :)

Photo Credit: Black Pearl FB Page.
Black Pearl and Magic.jpg

Liverpool is certainly a great place to visit, with plenty to do right at the dockside as Rachel has mentioned :) The Museum of Liverpool is just to the right of the Cruise terminal when you disembark; this is a great Museum for kids - not a 'stuffy' Museum but more a 20th century history of Liverpool with lots of interactive things to do too. Our kids love the Karaoke room :)

Are your boys football/soccer fans? the Liverpool Football Club stadium tour at Anfield is good and I suppose I should mention Everton FC too (although not as much silverware!! :laughing:).

Or catch a 'Ferry Cross the Mersey' over to Wirral :) If you sail to Seacombe you could walk down the promenade to New Brighton and visit our driftwood pirate ship; The Black Pearl. Kids (and Adults!) are able to climb aboard and play on her - google 'Black Pearl New Brighton' for pics :)

Photo Credit: Black Pearl FB Page.
View attachment 171805

Amazing pictures Piglet, gives me goosebumps! Rightly proud of Liverpool

Thanks for the tips. I will definitely see if my husband likes it first before booking another! He is a bit dubious about it all but I managed to get him to agree when he was hungover on a Sunday (I think he just wanted me to stop talking).

It is expensive, hope you get a deal

My other half was dubious, he's not really 'into' all things Disney, but we did a three day in Florida, the a repositioner from Barcelona to Dover, which was really cheap, back in 2010, he liked it so much, he rebooked on board for two months later!

He doesn't take much persuading now!

Thanks for the great pics and Piglet, I'm glad you're a red!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter