Disney Magic - June 2, 2018 7-night Mediterranean

reimero

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! My wife and I just booked this cruise (it will be just the 2 of us). It will be our 6th overall, first as Castaway Club Gold, and first on the Magic. We're looking forward to getting to know everybody!

UPDATE: Due to popular demand, I've set up a preliminary FE signup sheet. You can access it at https://goo.gl/forms/IAoxPgqXvXenwZOr1

Last edited:
Hubby and I are on this one as well. It will be my 7th and hubby's 6th cruises. Our first Magic together (I was on her in 2004) and our first time to Europe. :)

Hubby and I are on this one as well. It will be my 7th and hubby's 6th cruises. Our first Magic together (I was on her in 2004) and our first time to Europe. :)
Welcome aboard! Europe is awesome, I'm really looking forward to going back.

I had my first trip to Europe last fall, I absolutely loved it. It wasn't a cruise and not the same area. It will be a different experience. I've always wanted to go to Italy.

Hi all! My daughter (12) and I signed up for this cruise on the first day it was released. This will be our 4th Disney cruise and the first time on one of the smaller ships. I've been to England before but I haven't been to the rest of Europe, so I am so thrilled to be going! We got our planning guide today and my daughter let out a squeal when she saw it. :cool1:

I just booked this cruise. I'm so excited! I've never been on a cruise before. It's just going to be me and my mother this time but I have a feeling after this trip we will want all our vacations to be Disney cruises. I was actually trying to figure out how to sign up for fish extenders and how the gift giving works. Do you give one to the members of your group each night or only once? How large are the groups on average? I've looked online and have a pretty good idea of the types of items in each goodie bag and how to make the fish extenders themselves. I just need help with the logistics. Thank you.

Welcome aboard, thingamabobs!
Cruises are amazing and awesome and lots of fun and yes, you'll be planning your next one while on board. (Do it early before the lines get too long. It's cheaper if you book your next cruise while on board.)
Basically, the way Fish Extender groups work is that once there's enough interest here (probably in this thread), someone will set up the FE exchange list and people can sign up for it. You hang a so-called "fish extender" on the fish (or seahorse) outside your stateroom and other members of your FE group will put stuff in it, and you'll put stuff in theirs. There's a lot of flexibility in terms of how it's done, but generally it's expected that you'll give at least one gift per stateroom for the cruise. Some people will do one gift per person per cruise, others do a gift per day - it's entirely up to you! Most people will sign their names and stateroom numbers as well.

Group size depends on the number of sign-ups, but most groups I've seen are 11-16 staterooms (so you're giving 10-15 other people gifts.)

There's also the practice of "pixie dusting", in which you put small random gifts in random FEs not necessarily in your group, with a little note saying "you've been pixie dusted!" or similar. This is completely optional, but pretty cool.

Hi,

I'll be on this cruise with my brother, SIL and nephew. They are Platinum DCL members. They OBB this on the cruise they just got off of earlier this month. They asked me to come with them. My DH has no desire to do any international traveling, so I was eager to accept their offer.

I have been to Paris and London once for a business trip and had a wonderful 3 week trip in 2013 to Germany, spending time with friends. I have only been on one other cruise (4 night Disney Magic) and was really not overly impressed with cruising. But I just cannot pass up this opportunity to get to see a little of Spain and Italy. I am most looking forward to the shore excursions.

Laura

Reimero, thank you. I've been so excited about this trip! I have been planning it like it's this June though it's still a year away. I've become obsessed. . We are going to try to do our own excursions for the most part except for Rome. It just looked way too complicated, the rest look fairly easy, specially Naples. Has anyone ever gone to these ports before?

This is our first Mediterranean cruise, and will be our first time visiting most of those places (though I spent 3 months in Rome when I was 12.) The one caveat about DIY excursions compared to ship-brokered excursions is that if you're on your own, the ship will not wait for you if you're late. If you're on a ship-brokered excursion, the ship will wait.
On the flip side, going off on your own is a really good way to do exactly what you want to do. We've done it both ways (on other itineraries), and have had fantastic experiences both ways. There's no "wrong" answer.

I do worry about that but the cost of the excursions through Disney are pretty high when you add it all up. It's the reason why I've been doing lots of research. Fingers crossed it all works out.

My Boyfriend and I are booked on this one too. It will be our 5th Disney Cruise and first European! It will also be our first time on the Magic. We're so excited and looking forward to it.

Hi,

We have just booked this cruise - our second DCL cruise and first on the Magic. It will be just DH and I and we are so excited. Like thingamabobs we are already looking at excursions and things to do and are feeling very spoilt for choice. Also like thingamabobs we would be keen to join an FE group. We've never done one before but saw plenty on our last cruise and they looked lots of fun.

We've been to Rome before and it was amazing - just so much to see and history on every corner. Pompeii and walking part of the Grand Prix circuit in Monte Carlo are both on my bucket list so I am excited that I get to do both on this trip.

Karla

Welcome to all the new people! My daughter is currently learning about Rome, Pompeii, etc in school right now so she is getting more excited about seeing these places she is learning about in person!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter