Disney Magic Kingdoms - Mobile Game

I'm looking forward to this, but has anyone heard anything related to a release date for the game? The only thing I've manage to find is "later this year" and with there only being two months left essentially in the year, thought there'd be something more concrete.

I'm looking forward to this, but has anyone heard anything related to a release date for the game? The only thing I've manage to find is "later this year" and with there only being two months left essentially in the year, thought there'd be something more concrete.

That's all I've really heard, too, more specifically 'this fall' if I remember correctly. So I'd presume November, perhaps? I don't see the point in having an actual release date for a mobile game, since the only one that had a release date I recall is the International version of Tsum Tsum. Nevertheless, I'm really excited for this (even if it's probably going to be pay-to-play for a lot of 'exclusive' content and such, much like a lot of other mobile games...). I love these sort of ideas, and hope we can see and interact with a lot of Disney characters - maybe through 'quests' and placing meet and greets in our theme parks?

That would be awesome...and I too love these types of games. Was a HUGE Roller Coaster Tycoon player lol, even have the game on my laptop and still play it from time to time. I suppose it makes sense that they wouldn't give an actual release date for a mobile game, just hopeful thinking I suppose. I too figure it will be pay-to-play for exclusives, though I -hope- the free version gets you quite a bit.

Great and exciting news for Disney Gamers!!! A new game similar to Roller Coaster Tycoon where you could build your own theme park. Inside the Magic shared the news from D23 2015 Expo. Here is a link.
I just saw this. I can't wait.
take-my-money-logo.gif

The format reminds me of Simpsons: Tapped Out. It is less Rollercoaster Tycoon, and more general building.

The biggest problem with games like The Simpsons was the number of objects that were locked behind premium currency. So even if you put tons of time and patience into the game, certain characters and buildings could *only* be bought if you spent cash.

I found that frustrating. I can deal with mobile games that allow you to use money to fast forward, but making it so you *have* to spend money to access a portion of the game is kinda crappy.

In Magic Kingdoms, "magic" is the currency you get for completing objectives and gems are the currency you get with cash. Granted you earn one gem per level you go up. But looking at the store, I see:
Pluto's House - 60 gems
RC Racers - 125 Gems
Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop - 175 Gems

The rest are locked, so I can't see if they cost gems or magic.

Either way, the game starts you with 15 gems. I'm up to 21 based on leveling up a few times.

Purchasing something for 60, 125, or even 175 is pretty far fetched in terms of actually "earning" it.

If they want to put a handful of things behind the paywall, so be it. But what will make or break this game for me is what percentage of the game is locked behind these gems.

Well we downloaded it this morning and are all playing, but really were hoping for more roller coaster tycoon as opposed to what it is. Yes, you need gems to buy, but they change it to magic if you wait. Of course it only releases one at a time, but oh well, it's better than nothing :) Time will tell for us!

I've been playing, but like others I was hoping for a more Roller Coaster Tycoon type experience. Plus, once you put all your characters on tasks that take time to complete, there's not more than 2-3 minutes of gameplay at a time. That's fine for some, but for me I'd rather play more at one time instead of going back in multiple times per day for little tiny periods of time.

I played it quite a bit yesterday and have played it this morning as well. It is very similar to Simpsons: Tapped Out in terms of premium content being behind a paywall. I expected that, however. I am one to spend money on games though, so it is not a deal breaker for me.

Been playing it and enjoying it so far. This is the future of online mobile gaming. I've spent money on gems already and it's fun. In the end it's all about preference. I don't mind spending $5-$10 here for some gems.

Edit: and maybe we can get a tips thread going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter