Disney Magic Kingdoms

Has anyone bothered to pull the trigger on Pirate Pluto yet? Wondering if he's worth the 120 gems. If history is any indication, I'm thinking that he's not.

Why would DMK open a new land, with the Pirate characters all needed to be very busy with quests, and then throw in the tower challenge with a slot to use all 3 pirate characters lol. Like they couldnt have chosen a different group so we could use the pirate characters for the quests..ugh :/

An outside the challenge question - is there any character, especially one purchased with gems or real $$$, that you regret getting? Any that are pretty much completely useless?

An outside the challenge question - is there any character, especially one purchased with gems or real $$$, that you regret getting? Any that are pretty much completely useless?

Maximus is probably overall the most useless since outside of collecting a few Tangled tokens he doesn’t do much else. Jack Sparrow is more useful than ever since he has his own set of quests, a costume and collects for most of the pirates. Boo is useful in events since she usually is one of few premiums that collects currency, but otherwise, useless all other times lol. Wall-E is another useless one, except for when they include him in tower events.

Why would DMK open a new land, with the Pirate characters all needed to be very busy with quests, and then throw in the tower challenge with a slot to use all 3 pirate characters lol. Like they couldnt have chosen a different group so we could use the pirate characters for the quests..ugh :/

yeah, this chapter of the Tower challenge is pretty annoying as you have the pirate characters as ones for the challenge, but only three of them and all can be used to get tokens for Barbosa or other things

Now that I have all the drums, I won't use the pirates in the tower challenge until I welcome Barbossa. I still need 7 hats and 2 ears for him.

Barbossa will be here in a few hours. Took forever to get that last earhat so I'm glad I put John up on that pedestal when I did. He's out hunting for his siblings now.

Has anyone bothered to pull the trigger on Pirate Pluto yet? Wondering if he's worth the 120 gems. If history is any indication, I'm thinking that he's not.

Umm. I didn't even realize it was there, so I guess not. :rotfl:

Any more SW&7D tasks beyond the Snow and Grumpy one?

Not for me. They just finished their quest and I don't have anything new.

I’ve been slacking at this tower challenge, I’m in no big hurry to finish up since there’s still so much time.

I’m sitting at:
Wasabi - leveling up to 5 right now
Fred - collecting for 5
Go go - collecting for 7
Hiro - ready for 6
Baymax - collecting for 5
Yokai - ready for 6
Honey lemon - collecting for 8
Jack jack - collecting for 8
Flower - collecting for 7
Bambi - collecting for 8
Thumper - collecting for 10
Jack sparrow - collecting for 7
Will - ready for 7
Elizabeth- ready for 7
Barbossa - 33/35 hats, 18/25 eat hats to welcome
John Darling - 20/30 umbrellas, 19/20 hats to welcome
Christopher Robin - 24/25 drums, 0/25 hats

This was the challenge that they talked about in the live stream I believe. The 8 hour task (at least I think) should unlock the other land behind the green glowy thing where Mother Gothel was "defeated"

Ooh! Yay! I'd like a bit more land. Thanks for the heads up. Glad I didn't spend too much time rearranging things.

I'm actually trying to do my best at the tower challenge thing, since we're going on vacation soon and I will have either no data or extremely limited data for much of the time. Plus I intend to actually experience my vacation and only use my phone when I really want to. So here's my progress for today. I don't expect it to change too much over the next 3 weeks.

Hiro - 7
Gogo - 7
HoneyLemon - 7
Wasabi - 6
Fred - 6
Yokai - 7
Baymax - 4
E. Swann - 6
W. Turner - 6
J. Sparrow - 6
Davy Jones - 3
Barbossa - 2
John - 2

I suspect I'll level some of them up (many are ready to go). I'm just glad I was able to put the Incredibles and Bambi away at this point.

ETA - I haven't had a "to do" list this long in at least a year I think.

Last edited:
Followed by an 8-hour Barbossa solo task.

This was the challenge that they talked about in the live stream I believe. The 8 hour task (at least I think) should unlock the other land behind the green glowy thing where Mother Gothel was "defeated"

Ooh! Yay! I'd like a bit more land. Thanks for the heads up. Glad I didn't spend too much time rearranging things.

Completing the 8-hour Barbossa quest did indeed bring up the prompt to open the land behind the 'Mother Gothel portal'. 350,000 magic, 12 hours to open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!