Disney Magic Kingdoms

Chests rant - wis that was the point in changing the format of the third prize (used to be a static, predetermined prize like the first two), if the prizes were still going to be predetermined? Am I wrong - did they not advertise it when the update came out, that it was to be a game of skill/luck (click on the prize you want, see if you can get it)?
No. They eventually admitted on one of their social media pages that it was all still random.

No. They eventually admitted on one of their social media pages that it was all still random.

Right. But initially it was portrayed the other way. I missed where they admitted it was still predetermined. Just found that one out after 480 gems trying to get a Winnie the Pooh for my daughter. Which I got and then the game glitched and lost.

Haven't been on here since the Big Hero 6 event. In any case, I did manage to get Baymax's costume during the last few hours of that event. The Maleficient tower challenge was okay too - managed to get Beast and his castle (I'd missed that event entirely as it was before I started playing), and got Christopher Robin, and even managed to rank high enough on the leaderboard to get the Maleficient stand! I still have a ton of characters to level up though as I seem to be bad at doing that. Please no more time limited events for at least a month, or two!!!!

With that, here's my latest on character, note those not listed are at lvl 10.

Characters I'm missing: Rex, Hook, Michael, John, Jack Sparrow, Barbossa (still collecting ear hats), Davy Jones, Tia, Boo, Wall-E, Maximus, Merryweather, Flower, King Louie, Dash, Mr. Incredible, Violet, Frozone, Syndrome, Sally, Oogie Boogie, Elsa, Hans, Kristoff, Sven, Shang, Mulan, Mushu, Belle, Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, Chip, Gaston, Evil Queen, Grumpy

Bullseye - lvl 7 (ready for 8)
Toy Alien - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Fairy Godmother - lvl 8
Peter Pan - lvl 2
Wendy - lvl 4
Elizabeth Swann - lvl 7
Will Turner - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Aurora - lvl 8 (ready for 9)
Prince Phillip - lvl 7 (ready for 8)
Flora - lvl 7 (ready for 8)
Fauna - lvl 5 (ready for 6)
Judy Hopps - lvl 8 (ready for 9)
Nick Wilde - lvl 8 (ready for 9)
Chief Bogo - lvl 5
Flash - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Thumper - lvl 3 (ready for 4)
Bambi - lvl 2 (ready for 3)
Bagheera - lvl 5 (ready for 6)
Mowgli - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Baloo - lvl 5 (ready for 6)
Shere Khan - lvl 4 (ready for 5)
Elastigirl - lvl 4 (ready for 5)
Jack-Jack - lvl 2 (ready for 3)
Zero - lvl 5 (ready for 6)
Jack Skellington - lvl 7 (ready for 8)
Anna - lvl 3 (ready for 4)
Olaf - lvl 4 (ready for 5)
Beast - lvl 4 (ready for 5)
Caterpillar - lvl 8 (ready for 9)
Queen of Hearts - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Cheshire Cat - lvl 8
Sneezy - currently leveling to 8
Dopey - lvl 7 (ready for 8)
Doc - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Snow White - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Sleepy - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Christopher Robin - lvl 1 (ready for 2)
Pooh - lvl 6
Eeyore - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Tigger - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Kanga - lvl 7 (ready for 8)
Roo - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Piglet - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Rabbit - lvl 7 (ready for 8)
Nani - lvl 5 (ready for 6)
Lilo - lvl 5 (ready for 6)
Stitch - lvl 4 (ready for 5)
Angel - lvl 4 (ready for 5)
Pleakley - lvl 4 (ready for 5)
Jumba - lvl 4 (ready for 5)
Cobra Bubbles - lvl 5 (ready for 6)
Hiro - lvl 5 (ready for 6)
Baymax - lvl 2 (ready for 3)
Yokai - lvl 3 (ready for 4)
Go Go - lvl 3 (ready for 4)
Honey Lemon - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Fred - lvl 3 (ready for 4)
Wasabi - lvl 4 (ready for 5)

Here are my thoughts on whether we have any control over chest rewards.

If we are going to accept the premise that the game is run by know-nothing interns, why would we think the rep saying "the chest rewards are completely random" was correct?

Ever dealt with an employee who answers a frequently-asked question with the answer they were most familiar with?

I saw that response from Gameloft about the chest when it appeared on the Facebook board. The change in the chests had recently taken place. I think they gave the answer they'd been used to giving. For me, the bronze chests ARE completely random. But the silver chests...there is no question the prize I receive is the one I place my finger on. Every time.

Little things make me happy. It's silly, but it works for me.

I'm 39 trophies away from getting that pirate statue.
We're all getting turkey leg concession stands on Friday the 24th
Peter Pan will be 10 tonight
Toy Alien will be 10 by tomorrow night
I need 2 teddys & 1 ears for Michael Darling
Elizabeth, Jack, & Will are all collecting for 9
Barbosa needs one ears to move to 5
Davy Jones is collecting for 6
Tia Dalma has collected about 30% of her tokens
Thumper is collecting for 10
Bambi is collecting for 9
Flower is ready for 9 (he has to get in line behind Toy Alien though)
Jack Jack is collecting for 8
Christopher Robin is collecting for 3 (this is only nice, because it means he levels quickly and I like that)
The Big Hero Six crew is all collecting microbots while everyone else levels up, so that I have a bit of a stash

Haven't been on here since the Big Hero 6 event. In any case, I did manage to get Baymax's costume during the last few hours of that event. The Maleficient tower challenge was okay too - managed to get Beast and his castle (I'd missed that event entirely as it was before I started playing), and got Christopher Robin, and even managed to rank high enough on the leaderboard to get the Maleficient stand! I still have a ton of characters to level up though as I seem to be bad at doing that. Please no more time limited events for at least a month, or two!!!!

With that, here's my latest on character, note those not listed are at lvl 10.

Characters I'm missing: Rex, Hook, Michael, John, Jack Sparrow, Barbossa (still collecting ear hats), Davy Jones, Tia, Boo, Wall-E, Maximus, Merryweather, Flower, King Louie, Dash, Mr. Incredible, Violet, Frozone, Syndrome, Sally, Oogie Boogie, Elsa, Hans, Kristoff, Sven, Shang, Mulan, Mushu, Belle, Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, Chip, Gaston, Evil Queen, Grumpy

Bullseye - lvl 7 (ready for 8)
Toy Alien - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Fairy Godmother - lvl 8
Peter Pan - lvl 2
Wendy - lvl 4
Elizabeth Swann - lvl 7
Will Turner - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Aurora - lvl 8 (ready for 9)
Prince Phillip - lvl 7 (ready for 8)
Flora - lvl 7 (ready for 8)
Fauna - lvl 5 (ready for 6)
Judy Hopps - lvl 8 (ready for 9)
Nick Wilde - lvl 8 (ready for 9)
Chief Bogo - lvl 5
Flash - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Thumper - lvl 3 (ready for 4)
Bambi - lvl 2 (ready for 3)
Bagheera - lvl 5 (ready for 6)
Mowgli - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Baloo - lvl 5 (ready for 6)
Shere Khan - lvl 4 (ready for 5)
Elastigirl - lvl 4 (ready for 5)
Jack-Jack - lvl 2 (ready for 3)
Zero - lvl 5 (ready for 6)
Jack Skellington - lvl 7 (ready for 8)
Anna - lvl 3 (ready for 4)
Olaf - lvl 4 (ready for 5)
Beast - lvl 4 (ready for 5)
Caterpillar - lvl 8 (ready for 9)
Queen of Hearts - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Cheshire Cat - lvl 8
Sneezy - currently leveling to 8
Dopey - lvl 7 (ready for 8)
Doc - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Snow White - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Sleepy - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Christopher Robin - lvl 1 (ready for 2)
Pooh - lvl 6
Eeyore - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Tigger - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Kanga - lvl 7 (ready for 8)
Roo - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Piglet - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Rabbit - lvl 7 (ready for 8)
Nani - lvl 5 (ready for 6)
Lilo - lvl 5 (ready for 6)
Stitch - lvl 4 (ready for 5)
Angel - lvl 4 (ready for 5)
Pleakley - lvl 4 (ready for 5)
Jumba - lvl 4 (ready for 5)
Cobra Bubbles - lvl 5 (ready for 6)
Hiro - lvl 5 (ready for 6)
Baymax - lvl 2 (ready for 3)
Yokai - lvl 3 (ready for 4)
Go Go - lvl 3 (ready for 4)
Honey Lemon - lvl 6 (ready for 7)
Fred - lvl 3 (ready for 4)
Wasabi - lvl 4 (ready for 5)

Nice to see that someone else on this board is about where I am at,except I am still collecting for Peter and I have Barbossa.

I am patience I will get there. Lots of leveling to do for me as well.

Gem prizes for the trophy event are nice. Like most events, if you are a legacy player, you are at an advantage, as you have lots of attractions that yield trophy's and lots of characters. For your efforts you get a crack at 25 gems. A new player, who could really use those gems.... better pay up for those special attractions.

I don’t like that Davy Jones is only available in a chest. Grumpy was difficult but at least it was doable as you worked toward getting the tokens. I bought a chest bundle with nothing and now just spent 350 gems and got nothing of value. So frustrating.

I don’t like that Davy Jones is only available in a chest. Grumpy was difficult but at least it was doable as you worked toward getting the tokens. I bought a chest bundle with nothing and now just spent 350 gems and got nothing of value. So frustrating.

I get that - but am sort of torn. I am glad he isn't just a ton of gems - but don't like that it is up to chance.

At least it is for permanent content (not a timed event) and you don't *need* him ... so I figure if I ever get him in a platinum chest I find then great, if not, oh well. Same thing with the Bambi things - I still don't have the Bambi float or Ice Rink attraction - figure if I ever get them, great, but I don't need them

I be way more annoyed if it was an element of a timed event

I get that - but am sort of torn. I am glad he isn't just a ton of gems - but don't like that it is up to chance.

At least it is for permanent content (not a timed event) and you don't *need* him ... so I figure if I ever get him in a platinum chest I find then great, if not, oh well. Same thing with the Bambi things - I still don't have the Bambi float or Ice Rink attraction - figure if I ever get them, great, but I don't need them

Yea, he's always there until you get him. I'm still waiting on Zooptopia in addition to the ice rink and of course Davy Jones. Used my last platnium chest. Oh well. I'm not spending gems on him either.

I remember the drops for Prince Charming when he first appeared. You could only get his white gloves (I think) via a chest and it was a while before many got him. It has changed for new players, and rightly so. There are lots of "bottle necks" now with some characters tokens.

I haven't even started on the new Pirates quests. I ended up taking about a year break or so from this game adn came back to it, so I missed out on a lot of the quests and have to try to catch up. I haven't done any of the Jungle book quests yet, as they have not popped up for me yet. Not sure what story line I need to progress to get them, but I really dislike the timed character events. If you don't spend money on the gems to get the gem only characters, you are goign to struggle to get everything done. Then you can't get those other characters (not that I have seen a way to).

Not sure what story line I need to progress to get them, but I really dislike the timed character events. If you don't spend money on the gems to get the gem only characters, you are goign to struggle to get everything done. Then you can't get those other characters (not that I have seen a way to).

Strong disagree here. Between daily vids, parades and character leveling, it’s very possible to horde gems between events to afford the premium event characters.

But currently there is no method outside the legendary chests or until recently the Tower event to unlock specific characters from prior events.

Wow. Now that I have Michael at level 2, the joint task for him and Wendy is 18 hours!! Holy cow, these interns have grown increasingly lazy as hell, huh?

Yes, thank you for making me feel a little better. You are correct, I don’t need him, but he would be helpful with the other characters. I should be more patient especially since I have the other attractions.

In an attempt to reclaim the 600,000 magic it takes to welcome Michale, I've taken everyone out of home status and send them on long tasks to help collect magic. I feel my characters will be working for a while.

In the meantime, I've now got Christopher Robin at level 2, and Peter Pan and Toy Alien are up to ten! Thumper is nearly maxed out, so that makes me happy The "original" pirates are getting closer to maxing out, which makes me happy and while I agree about the lazy interns, I quite like it at the moment, because I can catch up.

Final exam over with and I have a day off of work today and tomorrow! Woohoo! And chugging along in leveling up!

Toy Alien: 8
Peter Pan: Ready for 6
Wendy: Ready for 8
Michael Darling: Working on welcoming
John Darling: 2
Hook: Ready for 8
Elizabeth Swann: Ready for 7
Jack Sparrow: Ready for 7
Will Turner: Ready for 7
Captain Barbossa: 1
Davy Jones: 3
Thumper: Ready for 6
Bambi: Ready for 5
Flower: 5
Mowgli: 9
Baloo: Ready for 9
Shere Khan: Ready for 7
Jack Jack: 7
Grumpy: 9
Christopher Robin: 2
Winnie The Pooh: Ready for 9
Nani: Leveling to 10 now
Lilo: Ready for 9
Stitch: Ready for 9
Angel: Ready for 10
Pleakley: Ready for 9
Jumba: 9
Hiro: Ready for 6
Baymax: 3
Yokai: Ready for 5
Go Go: Ready for 6
Honey Lemon: Ready for 6
Fred: Ready for 5
Wasabi: Ready for 5

Just back from vacation, so I have a bit of catching up to do...

John Darling - 4
Michael Darling - N/A

Elizabeth Swann - 7
Jack Sparrow - 8
Will Turner - 7
Captain Barbossa - 6
Tia Dalma - N/A
Davy Jones - N/A

Bambi - Ready to level up to 10
Flower - Ready to level up to 10

Christopher Robin - 3

Hiro - Ready to level up to 7
Baymax - 6
Yokai - Ready to level up to 8
Go Go - 7
Honey Lemon - 8
Fred - 7
Wasabi - 6

I have all other characters, and they're all maxed out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter