Disney Magic Kingdoms

Trying to remember which groups of characters have helped with the previous tower challenges... :scratchin

I cannot be 100% sure on this. From what I remember, Mickey & Pals, Cinderella, Wall-E, Toy Story, Monsters, Zootopia and then there were others that went along with the special character of that group, Nightmare Before Christmas, Frozen, Snow White, Winnie the Pooh, and Beauty & the Beast are all that I remember. This is probably not the complete list, but it is what I remember for sure. Hope this helps a little.

Any guesses or wishes for the next update? I'd like to see Huey, Dewey, Louie and Scrooge, Lady and the Tramp, Cars, Finding Nemo or Up. Wouldn't be surprised to see Wreck It Ralph with the new movie coming in November.

Any guesses or wishes for the next update? I'd like to see Huey, Dewey, Louie and Scrooge, Lady and the Tramp, Cars, Finding Nemo or Up. Wouldn't be surprised to see Wreck It Ralph with the new movie coming in November.

Oh Wreck-it-Ralph would make sense, but I'd probably skip one if they do it. That movie's not my cup of tea and I don't think I'll see the sequel, though it would be kind of fun if they add the Princess's casual clothes to the game. I would love a DuckTales event, especially since the 2nd season premieres later this month. I've been hoping for a Princess and the Frog event lately, but they won't do two Princess events in a row.

funny.after my legendary chest disaster i found a platinum chest for free and got 50 luck,2800 magic and the dancing cup attraction out of it.as if it was another lesson to never spend gems anymore.the other day i also got the jetpacks attraction out of a silver chest.
i have only 3 crabs.maybe i can make it to 5 still and sneak somehow into the top 50 for a gold chest.the calendar says i get a gold chest tomorrow for free.so would be nice to have two of it!
there is a weird thing about grumpy.the first time i played offline months ago he was highlighted and i could get him if i had the characters to collect for him.yesterday i was scrolling through and saw he is temporary not available as all the others u only can get only for a limited time.

I work hard on all my characters and I'm very jealous that you are so far ahead of me, both in leveling and magic

It's tough. I can see just how much those 3 weeks offline while we were traveling abroad is affecting my game, even now. Keep at it. My issue is that I can either level up all the pirates or continue to level and work on the LM characters, but doing both is making it take forever to get rid of those pirates (and the BH6 crew which is finally on the way out).

It's tough. I can see just how much those 3 weeks offline while we were traveling abroad is affecting my game, even now. Keep at it. My issue is that I can either level up all the pirates or continue to level and work on the LM characters, but doing both is making it take forever to get rid of those pirates (and the BH6 crew which is finally on the way out).
It's so strange. I keep reading these comments about people traveling abroad and not having internet. I was in Ireland back during The Lion King and Spain during one of the other events, and Jamaica a few other times. Never once did I not have WiFi while in Europe or the Caribbean. I would think that, unless someone is visiting the Congo, internet isn't foreign technology in 2018.

It's so strange. I keep reading these comments about people traveling abroad and not having internet. I was in Ireland back during The Lion King and Spain during one of the other events, and Jamaica a few other times. Never once did I not have WiFi while in Europe or the Caribbean. I would think that, unless someone is visiting the Congo, internet isn't foreign technology in 2018.

When I was in Ireland in January we were staying at a house that didn't have wifi for the first three or four days until the cable and wifi could be installed. We could never never get the wifi at the hospital so we were dependent on bus wifi (an amazing thing!) and public wifi at whatever tourist thing we were doing every second day.

We were on a 10 night cruise in the North Sea. DCL wifi is iffy when not that far out, so there was no way I was going to pay for lousy service at what they were charging. And then on land I was a bit busy with the whole travel/sightseeing/being present thing. I played at night at our hotels before and after the cruise, but honestly I barely logged in. And yeah, it ruined my streak and slowed me down, but in the scheme of things that trip and the family time was much more important than this game. I had AT&T cellular on land and even that didn't work the 2 days we were in Iceland.

So I had absolutely no plans to participate in the Pirate Goofy challenge. About two days in, I noticed that I was collecting the items needed from my buildings. I've only sent characters for the items if they have absolutely nothing else to do. I've managed to get four crabs using that method, and I'm no. 2 on my leader board. For anyone that hasn't started it yet, doesn't have the costume, and wants to put in as little effort as possible, it may still be worth it.

Really didn’t care about the mini event going on since it was such a pain in the a$$ to get the crabs last time.
Finally decided today to defeat a couple crabs for the heck of it... number 1 on my leaderboard with 2 crabs :rotfl:
Maybe I’ll keep the lead and get the 25 gems at least.

Out of curiosity, where are you at now on the board and how many crabs do you have?

It's sometimes a question of "available," and sometimes it's a question of cost, and sometimes it's a question of priorities. We're planning Tokyo now, for our Dec trip. And what we're finding is that there isn't a lot of free wi-fi. Starbucks and McDonalds are a possibility. But there is no Wi-Fi at the Tokyo parks and while there is wi-fi at the Deluxe hotels, it's only in the rooms - not the public areas, and from what we hear, it's not very good. And it's not like Japan is a 3rd world country. But what we are finding is that their systems are not always compatible with ours. (ATM's are a bit of a problem too. Apparently, only 2 of the ATMs on Disney property will accept a US bank card.) Most people rent a Wi-Fi device or turn on the International plan via their US carrier (which is what we will probably do for this trip). But when we went to England we didn't want to pay $10 / day for 2 weeks for 2 phones. We researched sims and did it that way, and thankfully those sims could be reloaded when we went to Hong Kong. But then it comes down to when I'm halfway around the world, how often am I going to be checking in on a game? Most our trips, it's been in the morning, at meal times and at bed. And it's a lot harder to complete events when you are checking only 3-4 times a day then once an hour.

And all of that only works for my IOS game. Windows game is completely unplayable when my computer is in Colorado and I'm not.

It's sometimes a question of "available," and sometimes it's a question of cost, and sometimes it's a question of priorities. We're planning Tokyo now, for our Dec trip. And what we're finding is that there isn't a lot of free wi-fi. Starbucks and McDonalds are a possibility. But there is no Wi-Fi at the Tokyo parks and while there is wi-fi at the Deluxe hotels, it's only in the rooms - not the public areas, and from what we hear, it's not very good. And it's not like Japan is a 3rd world country. But what we are finding is that their systems are not always compatible with ours. (ATM's are a bit of a problem too. Apparently, only 2 of the ATMs on Disney property will accept a US bank card.) Most people rent a Wi-Fi device or turn on the International plan via their US carrier (which is what we will probably do for this trip). But when we went to England we didn't want to pay $10 / day for 2 weeks for 2 phones. We researched sims and did it that way, and thankfully those sims could be reloaded when we went to Hong Kong. But then it comes down to when I'm halfway around the world, how often am I going to be checking in on a game? Most our trips, it's been in the morning, at meal times and at bed. And it's a lot harder to complete events when you are checking only 3-4 times a day then once an hour.

And all of that only works for my IOS game. Windows game is completely unplayable when my computer is in Colorado and I'm not.
We’re going to Japan next May and plan on renting mifis since they don’t have a lot of public WiFi. Luckily our Airbnb provides mifi so we won’t need one for that part of our trip.

Also didn't pay the crazy prices for internet on board a cruise ship. Disney did have (not sure if they still offer it) free 50 MB or whatever it was if you signed up the first day. That would last me an entire cruise for checking e-mail and doing quick messages on Facebook messenger, even a 14 night cruise.

We were on another cruise line. My mom had trouble getting off the ship since she needed a wheelchair. So we only got off a few times on a 7 night cruise. I did check the game those few times but it did mess up my daily reward run and I was behind a few hours when LM started. After the cruise we stayed in San Diego and were checking out the zoo and SeaWorld so I also didn't have a lot of time to play.

Cruise ships are definitely the exception to the rule. What's nice, though, is that you can often get internet included as a package 'perk' if you watch for deals. This is still insane because the technology is there, but the cruise companies choose to nickle and dime their guests. DCL is already WAY way way overpriced by hundreds if not a thousand dollars, and yet they choose not to just charge for it as part of a fee included in the price. I've sailed them once, and now each time I book a cruise, I check their pricing and find far better deals on any other line. Never again, Disney. You just aren't worth it. Biggest crooks on the high seas. Same itinerary on any 9the line for a least a grand less. For that price, I am fine not taking a picture with a kid in a Mickey costume on my first day.

As for my two international trips, both were guided tours aboard luxury motor coaches, and we had free continuous wifi aboard the bus, free at the hotels, and of course, aboard the international flights. I was never out of touch with family, friends, or the world.

When I visit Jamaica every few months, my cell phone carrier allows me to connect the the local Digicel service for free so I am able to use their network to send/receive texts and surf the internet for free.

Last edited:
Next Update Live stream is today at 10:55. I'm assuming it's something smaller since there's been no buildup, just a sudden statement.

It also just occurred to me the next event might be Mickey Mouse themed, since Disney seems to be pumping his 90th Anniversary into anything and everything.

Okay, so the livestream was just a tease for a livestream that's really coming Friday, but it looks like they'll be announcing a Villain-centric Tower Event featuring Oogie Boogie, the Queen of Hearts, and Jafar.

Did anyone else just watch the live stream? that was so dumb. It flashed oogie boogie, jafar and a bunch of other villians with some creepy music then cut out saying it would be back on 10/12.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!