Disney Magic Kingdoms

For those of you who are new to this game, I know it seems frustrating that you might not get everything out of the event, but know that it's super easy to get Jack this time around (compared to how hard it was for those of us who got him during the event). The tower challenge isn't really aimed at long time players since we really aren't getting much at all during the event.

I was thinking that, too. That's the only way to be at 6K one hour into the thing. Unless they are cheating somehow. In any event, I don't get why anyone would find it worth it for the rewards. Just odd.

I look at it as something like 10 days. Last one I really wanted C. Robin and got him instant his items were available since I had plenty of EC and we were boarding the cruise ship that day and I didn't want to play anymore. So you can still have around 5 days of boredom if you choose. :P

I'm so far into the game I don't have much advice, but since Jack helps with the tower it might be useful to have him. I do think it's possible to just save up EC for what you want in any case.

Glad you were able to get Jack and I wouldn't give up hope now that you have him. :)
Thanks! I won’t give up but I just can’t do it very often since I only have Pete and run out of hot cocoa too quickly. We also leave for wdw in 4 days so I probably won’t be playing much.

I wanted to do a pre-event update but work got in the way. So below is my list, the italics (I lost my strikethrough option?) is from my last update late in the TLM event. My goal was to have everyone maxed out by the end of the challenge, but I'm currently very magic poor! Starting C.Robin took me down to just 34k, so yea this will take longer than anticipated...

Toy Alien - ready for 9, collecting for 10
Peter Pan - ready for 10
Wendy - just shy of 10, ready for 10
Michael - ready for 8, collecting for 10
John - just shy of 9, ready for 10
Captain Hook - ready for 10
Elizabeth Swan - ready for 10, MAXED
Jack Sparrow - ready for 10
Will Turner - ready for 10, MAXED
Barbossa - ready for 8, ready for 9
Tia Dalma - welcoming, Collecting for 7
Davy Jones - ready for 7, collecting for 9
Thumper - ready for 10, MAXED
Bambi - ready for 10, MAXED
Flower - ready for 10, MAXED
Jack Jack - ready for 10, MAXED
Christopher Robin - collecting for 9, leveling to 9
Microbot purgatory
Hiro - ready for 9, collecting for 10
Baymax - collecting for 9
Yokai - ready for 9, collecting for 10
Go Go - collecting for 9, collecting for 10
Honey Lemon - ready for 10
Fred - ready for 8, collecting for 9
Wasabi - collecting for 9, collecting for 10
Clam purgatory
Sebastian - ready for 6, ready for 7
Scuttle - ready for 6, ready for 7
Ariel - collecting for 4, collecting for 7
Eric - ready for 6, ready for 7
Triton - collecting for 6, collecting for 7
Flounder - ready for 5, collecting for 7
Ursula - collecting for 6, collecting for 7

Not certain but pretty sure folks got purged from my leaderboard. Went to sleep at 47, woke up at 51. 8 hours of not running challenges and only slipped 4 spots? Seems unlikely.

I’m 9/30 for megaphones so still just trying to get all of those. Not sure if I want to get Aladdin or not since he will use up my maleficent coins. If I don’t get enough for the mayor can I buy him with gems?

Hi everyone. Things been kinda crazy but I'm all caught up with DMK life. As for the event, I started the event about 6 hours late and got on a pretty good leaderboard. I don't have any of the concession stands in the chest, so I figure I'll get something new.
I was still able to finish all the NBC tasks to open up the NBC places in the tower by the morning of day 2. I also earned all the the Mayors 1st item by the morning of day 2.
All in all, no issues here. Just leveling up my characters to 10. I'm down to Ariel, Triton and Ursula. Everyone else is in line to level to 10.
Wish you could win a Fast Pass to the castle. 24 hrs is taking awhile.
Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend. Lots of rain where I am.

I’m 9/30 for megaphones so still just trying to get all of those. Not sure if I want to get Aladdin or not since he will use up my maleficent coins. If I don’t get enough for the mayor can I buy him with gems?

I don't know if you'll be able to use gems, but I did learn from previous events not to buy the individual tokens until you're sure you'll earn enough to buy them ALL by the end (you can buy earlier tokens during later stages). If you don't earn enough Maleficent coins to buy them all, whichever ones you did buy disappear after the event. You're better off saving the coins and at least getting the gem conversion at the end.

Hi everyone. Things been kinda crazy but I'm all caught up with DMK life. As for the event, I started the event about 6 hours late and got on a pretty good leaderboard. I don't have any of the concession stands in the chest, so I figure I'll get something new.
I was still able to finish all the NBC tasks to open up the NBC places in the tower by the morning of day 2. I also earned all the the Mayors 1st item by the morning of day 2.
All in all, no issues here. Just leveling up my characters to 10. I'm down to Ariel, Triton and Ursula. Everyone else is in line to level to 10.
Wish you could win a Fast Pass to the castle. 24 hrs is taking awhile.
Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend. Lots of rain where I am.

Hi! You were missed! I'm at the same place you are... just have those 3 to work on and the rest are all in line for the long, slow leveling up process to 10. Hope you have a great weekend, too!

I don't know if you'll be able to use gems, but I did learn from previous events not to buy the individual tokens until you're sure you'll earn enough to buy them ALL by the end (you can buy earlier tokens during later stages). If you don't earn enough Maleficent coins to buy them all, whichever ones you did buy disappear after the event. You're better off saving the coins and at least getting the gem conversion at the end.

What gem conversion? I agree with waiting to spend them if you aren't sure you'll have enough and might want to grab Aladdin or something towards the end, but I spend all the EC since the 1 gem isn't worth much.

Off topic...does anyone remember if the Halloween decorations in the park are the same as last year? I feel like I've seen those tombstones before, but I also think I fried my brains with exams this past week. I can't seem to remember what I ate for lunch yesterday....

Hi! You were missed! I'm at the same place you are... just have those 3 to work on and the rest are all in line for the long, slow leveling up process to 10. Hope you have a great weekend, too!

What gem conversion? I agree with waiting to spend them if you aren't sure you'll have enough and might want to grab Aladdin or something towards the end, but I spend all the EC since the 1 gem isn't worth much.
I don’t really care about getting Aladdin so I’m fine spending them on the tokens. I most likely will not get the mayor but oh well. At least I can try

I think gem conversion during tower events is 1 gem per 4k EC. It's a lot harder to grind for EC vs. regular events. I'm not sure if the Mayor will be available in a Legendary Chest later (do they usually do this for tower events)? If he is and you get him through a chest, any tokens you bought during the event should show up again to help with leveling.

Just remember the megaphone token will disappear after the event and be replaced with the pumpkin head token, so buy those last.

I only have Jack and now Sally (got her in the daily reward at the start of the event). Despite not being able to use the NBC featured collection I already have all the megaphone tokens. I have all the Aladdin and Alice characters so that should help with the next chapters, but will depend on whether I have enough cocoa to keep up.

I think gem conversion during tower events is 1 gem per 4k EC. It's a lot harder to grind for EC vs. regular events. I'm not sure if the Mayor will be available in a Legendary Chest later (do they usually do this for tower events)? If he is and you get him through a chest, any tokens you bought during the event should show up again to help with .
For the past two tower events, everyone got 1 gem. No conversion. Even 5he instructions say to use our currency because it all goes away after the event ends.

Well my reward chest from the calendar provided me with Finkelstein Tower. And I bought Jack's House - didn't get it during the tower challenge last time because I wouldn't have been able to get Jack Jack if I did. So I at least have 2 new attractions I guess. I did gamble on one chest and received some stupid tokens for Zero. Only thing I need now is to get the Mayor - I have all the Aladdin and AIW characters/attractions on offer already. I might gamble on another chest later on, but the darn tokens being in those chests is aggravating as there are several premium attractions I don't have in them, plus Sally and Oogie Boogie.

Having all these tokens available in chests now is just frustrating beyond belief. It means that being a newer player (about 1.5years) now makes it nearly impossible to get elixir anymore because I have so many characters not yet maxed out. So now all I get out of my chests are tokens for characters. And I'm sure it will get even more frustrating when we get to another real event (not a tower challenge) because I usually keep all my characters ready to level up during those to keep their tokens out of the chests - now those tokens will be there all the time until I have everyone maxed out - which will likely never happen! So ridiculous! Maybe this will make me focus more on leveling up characters - something I'm admittedly bad at.

Off topic...does anyone remember if the Halloween decorations in the park are the same as last year? I feel like I've seen those tombstones before, but I also think I fried my brains with exams this past week. I can't seem to remember what I ate for lunch yesterday....

I feel like they are similar but maybe not the exact same - for example (and I could be wrong) but I don’t recall so many of the pumpkins being purple last year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter