Disney Magic Kingdoms

Do you need any of the other characters or buildings that the tower event offers? If so, I would hold off on buying Mayor items until later. You can always go back and buy previous stage items (unless they decided to change that)
Like which characters?

If that's the case I'd save the EC for Aladdin or the Mad Hatter or the buildings that you can buy. They might come in handy later, even if you don't think you care about them now. Just another idea...

Yes, I've seen a lot of "I don't care about X character," posts. But it would really suck if a character you really do want, needs you to have certain characters available to earn their tokens in upcoming events and you could have had that character but just "didn't care."

Yes, I've seen a lot of "I don't care about X character," posts. But it would really suck if a character you really do want, needs you to have certain characters available to earn their tokens in upcoming events and you could have had that character but just "didn't care."

Exactly. I try to get them all, not just the ones I like from the movies, because you never know if that character is going to be important down the road.

Preference really doesn’t have a place in the game when it comes to characters, usefulness does.

For me, all Wall-E, Sleeping Beauty l, Zootopia, Incredibles, Lion King, Aladdin & Snow White characters currently serve no purpose. And there are several sets where only 1-2 have anything to do.

Personally, I try to collect all the characters. You never know when they will be pivotal in collecting for an unrelated hard to get character down the road. I try to get all the attractions, but I'm usually out of space, so I tend to gravitate towards obtaining the characters instead.

If that's the case I'd save the EC for Aladdin or the Mad Hatter or the buildings that you can buy. They might come in handy later, even if you don't think you care about them now. Just another idea...
I already have the mad hatter. I got him out of a chest awhile back. I don’t want the attractions because I have no room for them. So maybe I’ll try to save for Aladdin then

I need to level up a LM or BH6 character soon because believe it or not, I am maxed out on clams AND microbots.
I'm done with the microbots, but it seems like every time I collect close to 100 clams, I level up and have to start all over again. It's a never-ending cycle that I can't seem to escape from.

Just started leveling up my final level 9 non tLM character right now! :thumbsup2

So now I’m just down to the following tLM characters:
Sebastian: 8 (ready for 9 tomorrow)
Scuttle: 7 (ready for 8)
Ariel: 7
Prince Eric: 8 (ready for 9)
King Triton: 7 (ready for 8)
Flounder: 8 (ready for 9)
Ursula: 7 (ready for 8)

Had enough elixir to buy Toy Story attraction today so decided to try rearrange my kingdom and forgot what a pain in the a** it was. Still not the way I’d like to ideally arrange it, but was able to keep most of individual movie attractions together. Was able to fit all my buildings out and will try to see if I can get/fit all of my stands out tonight. The game still really needs to let us add another plot of land or two and I refuse to buy any of the excuses they give for not giving it to us. For the time being though, I’ve set it up so I can put my a Incredible characters into storage when I need more land.

Just started leveling up my final level 9 non tLM character right now! :thumbsup2

So now I’m just down to the following tLM characters:
Sebastian: 8 (ready for 9 tomorrow)
Scuttle: 7 (ready for 8)
Ariel: 7
Prince Eric: 8 (ready for 9)
King Triton: 7 (ready for 8)
Flounder: 8 (ready for 9)
Ursula: 7 (ready for 8)

Had enough elixir to buy Toy Story attraction today so decided to try rearrange my kingdom and forgot what a pain in the a** it was. Still not the way I’d like to ideally arrange it, but was able to keep most of individual movie attractions together. Was able to fit all my buildings out and will try to see if I can get/fit all of my stands out tonight. The game still really needs to let us add another plot of land or two and I refuse to buy any of the excuses they give for not giving it to us. For the time being though, I’ve set it up so I can put my a Incredible characters into storage when I need more land.

Gameloft specifically said that opening up too much land at one time would cause problems. That is,actually,a legitimate excuse. That being said,rearranging is a pain,mainly because I'm just not sure where to put everything.

Gameloft specifically said that opening up too much land at one time would cause problems. That is,actually,a legitimate excuse. That being said,rearranging is a pain,mainly because I'm just not sure where to put everything.

I know they have said that in the past and if you want to believe it that fine, but I don’t for a second. Sure if they open up all of the closed land that they currently have than it might very well cause some problems, but opening up a new plot of land for each event shouldn’t be a problem. When they added the newest areas of land that was behind the portal that didn’t “mess” things up and the same went for all of the land that around Big Thunder Mountain.

I’m not sure how long you’ve been playing, but for someone who has basically been playing since the beginning and has all the attractions accept the Frozen Ice Rink (I think), while technically there is enough, we should have the option for a little more. The games subhead is still “Build your own Magical Park!” so they should make sure there is more than enough land to do that.

Also, I’m not saying open EVERYTHING up, but it is inexcusable for them to have an event like tLM and not open up a plot of land. Honestly, is asking them to open up ONE plot of land each event to much to ask for? If it is than maybe they should reconsider releasing new attractions/buildings and just focus on characters instead.

Last edited:
If opening up more land is so hard for them, one would think that they would take it into consideration when they make the footprints of the attractions ridiculously large, or when they use up part of said land for silly decorations and large corners (esp. Tomorrowland). :rolleyes1 I am missing 4 attractions (I think) and honestly I don't want them because it's hard enough to place what I do have in my game.

Any idea on what the next round of "helpers" will be for the next round of the challenge? Trying to decide if it's worth it to stay in or not.

Not specifically aimed at you, but just to confirm that all the attractions do fit in the existing space. I have every single attraction, did a couple of minutes of rearranging today (moved three attractions around) and managed to fit the last one in (TSM).

Not specifically aimed at you, but just to confirm that all the attractions do fit in the existing space. I have every single attraction, did a couple of minutes of rearranging today (moved three attractions around) and managed to fit the last one in (TSM).

Yeah, they do all fit, but if you’re trying to keep movie attractions together it can definitely be a challenge. Can’t tell you how many times I got that dreaded red on the final building which was one column/row to much. :rotfl: For anyone who doesn’t care about that or worry about it, you can fairly easily fit things with 2 or 3 plots of land to spare. Luckily the “newer” land design went with more strait lines making it much easier to fit attractions. Some of the original plots of land are a real challenge.

I’m really hoping the next 3 plots of land, hopefully opens this year, are the 3 plots behind the portal near Small World. That would create one huge block of land (4 plots) and really let us place some larger based attractions together. Oh, who am I kidding, the interns whould never do something that logical. :rotfl:

If opening up more land is so hard for them, one would think that they would take it into consideration when they make the footprints of the attractions ridiculously large, or when they use up part of said land for silly decorations and large corners (esp. Tomorrowland). :rolleyes1 I am missing 4 attractions (I think) and honestly I don't want them because it's hard enough to place what I do have in my game.

I also hate how the ares of land aren't perfect squares/rectangles ... but then the attractions are all expanded to take up full square/rectangles - even if the actual attraction is curved. So there are a lot of times where it is like one little square n the corner of an attraction plot that prevents you from fitting it

To me, either both the attractions and the land area should be squared off, or neither

I also hate how the ares of land aren't perfect squares/rectangles ... but then the attractions are all expanded to take up full square/rectangles - even if the actual attraction is curved. So there are a lot of times where it is like one little square n the corner of an attraction plot that prevents you from fitting it

To me, either both the attractions and the land area should be squared off, or neither

If I remember correctly they did mention awhile ago, in a live stream, that they were going to make new land much straighter. Can’t remember if it was for the newest portal land or the Big Thunder Mountain expansion?

From the programming aspect (not design)of the game, rounding corners for land would be fairly difficult to do. So while I would love it if they could do it, I can live with the square/rectangle edges.

Personally, I would like it if they caped the size of buildings. For me anything at 12x12 or more get to big. So maybe make it so they can’t exceed 11x11, but base it on square (ft, inch, etc) which would be 121 squares. So they could do 11x11, 12x10, 13x9, 14x8, etc.?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter