Disney Magic Kingdoms

I don't know if this was discussed but oh well. Anyways, in the previous live stream, they mentioned increasing certain token requirements for a lot of characters. Also, the newest additions from the events have had an increase in requirements after the events end. I have a theory of what the "new feature" they were talking about is going to be. I think they might be implementing being able to level up 2 characters at once. I remember that they teased this feature a long time ago but it wasn't talked about, just shown for a split second, does anyone else remember this?
That’s been bandied about on the FB Page too, and I’d love that, but I don’t see how tripling (and more) the token requirements would have any reasonable connection to it. If that’s what it is it’s just a nonsense justification for the increases. They don’t need extra tokens to code an additional spot.

That’s been bandied about on the FB Page too, and I’d love that, but I don’t see how tripling (and more) the token requirements would have any reasonable connection to it. If that’s what it is it’s just a nonsense justification for the increases. They don’t need extra tokens to code an additional spot.
I think if they add the leveling up 2 characters at once, then the people that are starting to play the game have to collect a little more to compensate some of the time they are saving by being able to level up more than one at a time. It's so people don't plow through the game as fast. For the veterans, they don't need to worry about as much because they already increased the token amounts for the newer content along the end of the storyline and we also have a smaller number of characters to level up. I also think this is why some people are experiencing more troubles with drop rates because they might be implementing this new feature.

I would love to have the ability to level up more than one. I currently have 53 active characters, most of which are ready to level, but when 1 takes 24 hours, it doesn't help much.

I would love to have the ability to level up more than one. I currently have 53 active characters, most of which are ready to level, but when 1 takes 24 hours, it doesn't help much.
That's not exclusive to you, though. We've all been there. And the bulk of us have made it down to just leveling up just the recent characters. We plowed through and so can you :thumbsup2

That's not exclusive to you, though. We've all been there. And the bulk of us have made it down to just leveling up just the recent characters. We plowed through and so can you :thumbsup2

I am sitting on a large number of 8 and 9 ready to level and have been fitting them in or leveling ones needed for the upcoming event, like LILO and Stitch and only have stitch left at collecting for 9. With the cost of magic, for like jungle book and Peter Pan you can only level so many at a time any way but you could level a 24 hour and have open to level like a new lower level character. But I am fine with the way it currently is!

Last edited:
I don't know if this was discussed but oh well. Anyways, in the previous live stream, they mentioned increasing certain token requirements for a lot of characters. Also, the newest additions from the events have had an increase in requirements after the events end. I have a theory of what the "new feature" they were talking about is going to be. I think they might be implementing being able to level up 2 characters at once. I remember that they teased this feature a long time ago but it wasn't talked about, just shown for a split second, does anyone else remember this?

I think if they add the leveling up 2 characters at once, then the people that are starting to play the game have to collect a little more to compensate some of the time they are saving by being able to level up more than one at a time. It's so people don't plow through the game as fast. For the veterans, they don't need to worry about as much because they already increased the token amounts for the newer content along the end of the storyline and we also have a smaller number of characters to level up. I also think this is why some people are experiencing more troubles with drop rates because they might be implementing this new feature.

Well I do think many of us would appreciate the the ability to level 2 characters at a time. I'm not against rebalancing some characters, if they need rebalancing. That said, the doubling and/or tripling of some items really seems excessive to me. Luckily its not an issue I'll have to deal with, but if your a newer player, with the number of characters that get added, wether it is thru event of permanent content, I don't see players plowing thru the game too quickly, even if they are able to level up 2 players at a time. I think lack of magic would become a problem more quickly with the ability to level 2 characters at a time.

But it is a much bigger issue for newer players though, isn't it? It sounds like @Hoodie may have a few dozen characters that can still be leveled. As basically a day one player, I'm trying to figure out how many levelable characters I've been up to in the last year or two. I'm guessing its probably hasn't been higher that 12-15? Since you're usually a little bit farther along than me, what would you guess your at.

I am sitting on a large number of 8 and 9 ready to level and have been fitting them in or leveling ones needed for the upcoming event, like LILO and Stitch and only have stitch left at collecting for 9. With the cost of magic, for like jungle book and Peter Pan you can only level so many at a time any way but you could level a 24 hour and have open to level like a new lower level character. But I am fine with the way it currently is!

Thats also what I was wondering. I'm lucky enough to have about a 10 million magic surplus and know other players have considerable more than that. For us, magic hasn't been a problem for us. For newer, or more casual players, magic is an issue. Id imaging with the ability to level 2 at a time, those players are far more likely to hit a magic wall.

But it is a much bigger issue for newer players though, isn't it? It sounds like @Hoodie may have a few dozen characters that can still be leveled. As basically a day one player, I'm trying to figure out how many levelable characters I've been up to in the last year or two. I'm guessing its probably hasn't been higher that 12-15? Since you're usually a little bit farther along than me, what would you guess your at.
I can't imagine how it works now for someone to start off. I figure they are still following main storyline, just as we did back when we started, regardless if it was yesterday or three years ago. The only difference that I can see as being a special addition would be the event characters, and those are only seven at a time. It might might take some time to level up the new characters when there are limited characters to use to gain tokens, but the storyline should be the storyline. Same for new players and veterans.

I wish they increased token requirements together with release of the new feature.
Now, players are being penalized without enjoying any benefit.
I don't complain about the extra tokens needed for newer IPs or the silly drop rate. But I'm annoyed that as "newer" player (I missed 4 events), we could only get those content through gambling. Tower Challenge gives us a chance to get those missing content, but it seems they offer same content (for example, Jack from NBC). For the rest? Gamble my real money away.
And now this :sad2:

Well I do think many of us would appreciate the the ability to level 2 characters at a time. I'm not against rebalancing some characters, if they need rebalancing. That said, the doubling and/or tripling of some items really seems excessive to me. Luckily its not an issue I'll have to deal with, but if your a newer player, with the number of characters that get added, wether it is thru event of permanent content, I don't see players plowing thru the game too quickly, even if they are able to level up 2 players at a time. I think lack of magic would become a problem more quickly with the ability to level 2 characters at a time.

Thats also what I was wondering. I'm lucky enough to have about a 10 million magic surplus and know other players have considerable more than that. For us, magic hasn't been a problem for us. For newer, or more casual players, magic is an issue. Id imaging with the ability to level 2 at a time, those players are far more likely to hit a magic wall.
I’m always very low on magic and the increase on tokens for leveling up characters was not a fun change for me

MASSIVE THANKS to @KPach525 best instructions ever!!!!!!

Amazing thanks to @lmmatooki here and the Adam guy on the Facebook page for inspiration and copying abilities. As you can see, I still can’t fit everything. If I didn’t have so man6 confessions, then I could.

Sadly I must report it says the file is too big to post here. I did it and now I can’t share. *plays sad game show loser music*

I posted the video on the Facebook page, under the comments of the photo with Lady Tremaine. It’s listed as Alexandra Golden

Last edited:
I can't imagine how it works now for someone to start off. I figure they are still following main storyline, just as we did back when we started, regardless if it was yesterday or three years ago. The only difference that I can see as being a special addition would be the event characters, and those are only seven at a time. It might might take some time to level up the new characters when there are limited characters to use to gain tokens, but the storyline should be the storyline. Same for new players and veterans.

I’m also sure they’re following the same storylines as we were, but at the same time we didn’t have the number of events that we do now. Remember the slow period about 2 years ago, when we were clamoring for new content, because we had nothing to do? I think we tend to forget the huge advantage we have because we’ve been playing it so long.

I guess my views of the game really changed and got more negative when my niece started to play about 6 months ago. She was so excited at first but seeing her not able to get anywhere in a tower challange, because she didn’t have any of the characters that were required for it really discouraged her, or not being able to purchase an attraction or even level a character up because she didn’t have anywhere near enough magic. Now granted, luckily for her, she played the game much more casually than I do, but still I couldn’t imagine starting the game over, could you?

I didn't say their logic made sense. :rotfl2: They are really good at being excessive in things we don't want!

I wish they increased token requirements together with release of the new feature.
Now, players are being penalized without enjoying any benefit.
I don't complain about the extra tokens needed for newer IPs or the silly drop rate. But I'm annoyed that as "newer" player (I missed 4 events), we could only get those content through gambling. Tower Challenge gives us a chance to get those missing content, but it seems they offer same content (for example, Jack from NBC). For the rest? Gamble my real money away.
And now this :sad2:
I'm not saying I am right, this is just my theory. I could be completely wrong! I really think this is a catch 22 situation if it does happen.

I can't imagine what it's like because I think about how they added in a bunch of permanent content, but they didn't add it all at the end. So newer players have access to those new characters much earlier in their game than we all did (those who have been playing since close to the beginning), which could skew stuff (like having more to collect for and more magic to upgrade them). In some ways I think it could be easier, and in some ways harder. But really, like I said, I don't think I really understand what it's like to start now.

I wonder if someone were to start now, then would they get bullseye and alien while welcoming the toy story gang and the same goes for the pirates and so on. That is how I can see it would be different for the newer players in the regular storyline.

I can't imagine what it's like because I think about how they added in a bunch of permanent content, but they didn't add it all at the end. So newer players have access to those new characters much earlier in their game than we all did (those who have been playing since close to the beginning), which could skew stuff (like having more to collect for and more magic to upgrade them). In some ways I think it could be easier, and in some ways harder. But really, like I said, I don't think I really understand what it's like to start now.
This is what I was thinking as well.

Finally I've managed to get Judy Hoops. Hallelujah. Seriously that took forever and that was mainly from the hat ears tokens. Well whatever I'll finally have her tomorrow so I can progress to the next part of the main storyline, yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter