Disney Magic Kingdoms

What's strange now is that when you click on the warrior fabric, it just tells you what the item is, but not how to get it. Are these idiots drunk or just moronic. Each day we discover new proof that Gameloft truly has their interns assigned to this game rather than professional developers. Never have I seen a game so filled with glitches from event roll-out through event completion. Dolts.

For those that are like me, and totally messed up the post-event start of leveling Cri-kee because of another character still upgrading, and thus when they checked which characters dropped tokens, they forgot to consider they were maxed out in lanterns/ear hats, and *after*they leveled Cri-kee to 2 they needed to check again...the Mayor (annoyingly, because now it conflicts with his ear hat token), Mrs. Incredible and Jack Jack drop tokens. And apparently, Ariel+Mermaid Costume+Eric.

What's strange now is that when you click on the warrior fabric, it just tells you what the item is, but not how to get it. Are these idiots drunk or just moronic. Each day we discover new proof that Gameloft truly has their interns assigned to this game rather than professional developers. Never have I seen a game so filled with glitches from event roll-out through event completion. Dolts.

I saw that but figured it was you needed the sapphire boxes which are no longer out .... but you can still by the costume for gems for the missing items if you want! :rolleyes:

I went to the library and rented Princess and the Frog. Dh said he probably won't watch it with me, so it'll be a movie party for 1!

It’s a good movie - didn’t do super well at the box office. It was Disney’s last classic 2D animated movie before switched to the computerized style with Tangled

So I have to say I am very disappointed this TC. I have always been able to complete them with time to spare but this time I struggled. I got down to needing 10 more of whatever the first token was, looked like a cup of broth to me, and the 2000 ec to welcome Crickee. Which of course means no costumes either. Not to mention I am not ready for another one. Seriously only 4 days until it starts. What are they thinking

I didn't even try to get Cri-kee. Had hopes of getting the concession stands, but once I fell way short of the first one I realized that wasn't happening either. I got enough event currency to get the 3 characters and 3 attractions, which was what I really cared about, and went back to my regular game play.

I really like PatF - I think it has a really catchy, underrated song score. I still remember the first time I saw the trailer/clip of Dr. Facilier belting out "Are you reaaady?" and thinking oh, yeah, I'm in! Sacrilege, I know, but I like this one way better than Tangled.

And POFQ is my favorite WDW resort.

I didn't even try to get Cri-kee. Had hopes of getting the concession stands, but once I fell way short of the first one I realized that wasn't happening either. I got enough event currency to get the 3 characters and 3 attractions, which was what I really cared about, and went back to my regular game play.

I really like PatF - I think it has a really catchy, underrated song score. I still remember the first time I saw the trailer/clip of Dr. Facilier belting out "Are you reaaady?" and thinking oh, yeah, I'm in! Sacrilege, I know, but I like this one way better than Tangled.

I like tangled a lot more but princess and the frog is still decent.

So I have to say I am very disappointed this TC. I have always been able to complete them with time to spare but this time I struggled. I got down to needing 10 more of whatever the first token was, looked like a cup of broth to me, and the 2000 ec to welcome Crickee. Which of course means no costumes either. Not to mention I am not ready for another one. Seriously only 4 days until it starts. What are they thinking

Agree with the what are they thinking part! Between the added difficulty in TC and the 1 week turnaround for the next P&tF event I can only see desperation on their part. My guess is they’re revenue is down and they are grasping at straws trying to get them up?

Good job on getting the 3 characters and attractions! With the added difficulty this TC I wonder if anyone would be able to get all 3 characters/attractions and Cri-Kee? This is the first TC I haven’t been able to level the new character to level 2 and it wasn’t do to lack of trying. If anything I played this TC more than any previous one.

Have never watched P&tF, but might before the event starts. Have planned on watching it with my nieces in the past, but they always ended up watching something else. I can understand why people are excited about this one, but can’t understand how anyone is excited about the week turnaround.

Checking in late...again...but just wanted to say I went thru the traumatic comfy costume debacle myself today. Glad it came back so I could pick it up. Even though from what I can tell...it does nothing. Where was the cute comfy costume storyline with the other casually dressed princesses??? Oh well, at least I got it.
And my other exciting news is a got a brand new shiny gem for the conversion. Brand spanking new!!! Now I know I misread things sometimes, but when I saw the pop-up a few days ago mentioning the gem conversion, I thought maybe the stakes had gone up. Ha ha ha Gameloft! You got me twice in one day!!! Guess I'll not be greedy and be content while dreaming of all the things I can buy with my new shiny gem.

Checking in late...again...but just wanted to say I went thru the traumatic comfy costume debacle myself today. Glad it came back so I could pick it up. Even though from what I can tell...it does nothing. Where was the cute comfy costume storyline with the other casually dressed princesses??? Oh well, at least I got it.
And my other exciting news is a got a brand new shiny gem for the conversion. Brand spanking new!!! Now I know I misread things sometimes, but when I saw the pop-up a few days ago mentioning the gem conversion, I thought maybe the stakes had gone up. Ha ha ha Gameloft! You got me twice in one day!!! Guess I'll not be greedy and be content while dreaming of all the things I can buy with my new shiny gem.
I was given 1 gem and then another 5 today but I wasn’t paying attention what it was for. Maybe the leaderboard?

It’s a good movie - didn’t do super well at the box office. It was Disney’s last classic 2D animated movie before switched to the computerized style with Tangled
The fact that it didn't do "super well" is A: a crime against humanity. And B: had NOTHING to do with me! Trust me, I saw it like, 10 times. They finally made a good, rich, 2d animated movie and I was NOT going to pass it up! I love it AT LEAST as much as Tangled, and Dr. Facilier is the best villian of the "new" movie set (he has everything!) Ok, geek out over.:love:

I was given 1 gem and then another 5 today but I wasn’t paying attention what it was for. Maybe the leaderboard?

Yep, the gem conversion was a little underwhelming. :rotfl:

Don’t want to brag or make you feel bad, but I hit level 60 last night and got 2 gems and I think 2.5K magic. I’ve got so many plans on how to use that haul. :thumbsup2

I went to the library and rented Princess and the Frog. Dh said he probably won't watch it with me, so it'll be a movie party for 1!

Tianas a hottie. He’ll be missing out. It’s not the typical damsel in distress movie either.

The fact that it didn't do "super well" is A: a crime against humanity. And B: had NOTHING to do with me! Trust me, I saw it like, 10 times. They finally made a good, rich, 2d animated movie and I was NOT going to pass it up! I love it AT LEAST as much as Tangled, and Dr. Facilier is the best villian of the "new" movie set (he has everything!) Ok, geek out over.:love:

I think the biggest problem it had was the title. It has Princess right in the name. This is why Rapunzel was titled “Tangled,” and gave like half the movie to a guy. And why the Snow Queen was named “Frozen” and had enough male characters to keep the interest of little boys afraid of getting cooties. Had they named PatF “Ribbit”, it probably would’ve been much more successful. After all, the majority of the supporting characters were men.

I haven't stayed at POFQ but I'd like to try it out some day. New Orleans Square at Disneyland has always been my favorite "land" in therms of theming. I like the movie since it's a different take on the old fairytale, but still fun.

I’ve stayed at Port Orleans Riverside several times. We stayed at a royal room a few years ago. It’s princess themed, but the idea is that these are rooms for Tiana’s guests. So while there are a variety of different princess decor, there a note from Tiana, and the headboards light up, and I think if you stay elsewhere on property, instead of princess theming, they have Louis on the pillows (though they may have removed that after an actual gator ate a guest at the Grand Floridian).

But regardless of the changes, I’m still calling it Dixie Landings. After 9/11, they shut down French Quarter, hoping to fill more rooms there. I think that’s when they changed the name to not only include Port Orleans, but make it Riverside as well.

One time there was a large rowdy Brazilian teenaged group staying there, so whenever they showed up, everyone else would get out of line and take the bus to French Quarter instead. So we stopped and had the only beignets WDW has to offer. They weren’t Mickey shaped like at DL’s New Orleans Square. They were traditional, like the way Tiana made them. The resort quick service restaurant was marti gras themed with a splash of PatF thrown in. FQ feels like PatF at the beginning and end of the film, while Riverside feels like the Cajun voodoo swamplands, with a few southern plantations thrown in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!