Disney Magic Kingdoms

They posted on Facebook that the game is broken on Windows and they are working on it.

Well that explains why I can do a couple things, then it crashes. Summertime busy, playing other games, makes me really not care. Probably a good time to throw in the towel.

I was going to wait as long as I could for the update, but now I wonder if i should go ahead this morning.
Any reason I should continue to wait? All my incredibles are at 10, all my LK are 10 except zazu. Bunny is ready to welcome but I haven't started him yet. I could start him or zazu right now.
Thoughts? Advice?

Thx!

The only reason I can think of for waiting is to level the Incredibles. I see no other reason to wait. JMO

I am undecided on the chests. I feel like I definitely get less now.
I used to get at least 4-6 chests per day and a few additional by watching videos. Now I get maybe 2 a day and 1 additional by watching a video. Also, most of the chests are all the enchantment tokens and none with stuff to go into the conjuring cauldron for elixirs. IIRC, when the happiness debacle initially went down they said to do the happiness spell to keep your level up. Well, they upped the amount of elixirs needed to do that but are not giving any stuff in chests to get elixirs. They really messed things up. SMH.

Either something is up with the balloon token collection or they’re still tweaking the quantities/attractions values as I’ve topped out with no more tasks available only to have them return hours/days later. Currently collecting at a whopping 1581 tokens.

Update: balloons are currently topped out at 1604, we’ll see how long this lasts.

Last edited:

My original plan was to completely ignore/skip the ride enchantments unless they are beneficial for a token drop. But after today’s ‘gift’ I’ve realized that will be impossible and it’s even more annoying than I initially thought.... ugh 🤬 interns

Attachments

• 07C6DAF2-E746-4E8D-8306-5AC6130E27B5.jpeg
    07C6DAF2-E746-4E8D-8306-5AC6130E27B5.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 21
Known enchantment level upgrade drops. They really double down on some useless tokens.View attachment 415315

Yeah, so far building enhancements are a utter failure. I don’t think the idea is bad, actually think it’s a good idea, but the implementation has been awful! For starters, every level 1 attraction, should collect everything it collected before the update and every level improvement should add new items, increase the chance or increase the number given. It should be that simple. They should also have capped the ballon/beach ball cap at a few hundred tops. I’m getting really annoyed having all these characters that collect “worthless items” Since they are so easy to collect, that would make the most sense.

Now as basically a day one player, started in the first month, the entire enchantment process is basically worthless. So far all of the character items that got added are for characters I maxed out long ago. For the most part I’m basically ignoring them, but will exchange a building if I collect enough items. That said, my fear is that they are planning on increasing the level max for characters in the future, so completely ingnoring attraction improvements would be a mistake.

I also FINALLY was able to start welcoming Bunny and will have him when I wake up tomorrow! :thumbsup2 What a pain in the🤬

so the "gift" was nice as now actually have enough blueprints to do some upgrades

Did notice that steamboat willie can be upgraded, which is nice

Also, you can apparently upgrade more than one at a time, so not like with the characters where you have to wait to welcome or upgrade one before can start another

on the flip side, you can not send a character to an attraction while it is being "enchanted" - I tried to send Pete to the Fun Wheel while it is being enchanted and it wouldn't let me

Last edited:
I also FINALLY was able to start welcoming Bunny and will have him when I wake up tomorrow! :thumbsup2 What a pain in the🤬

<--- Still waiting. I got the 14th token in yesterday's first collection. I also got what I needed to level Grandma Tala to 8. So I figure, "Of course, I will have no problem collecting the last one because my character book will be in use." Nope. Nothing yesterday, and nothing this morning.

So I went ahead and installed the update in my IOS game to be ready for tomorrow's TC. But I'm finding I just don't care anymore. I see we got our "gift" but that still doesn't allow the Star Adventurer to be useful like it was, because we got M&F tokens not Pixar.

The lack of happiness is becoming a problem in my Windows game. I woke up at 80% today, after not being able to get to ecstatic yesterday. I've been clicking my 6, and then they haven't been respawning, or when they do, they are for characters who are on 8 or 12 hour Huey, Ducky or Bunny tasks.

We'll see is my playing lasts during/after my trip to DL for the Haunted Mansion Event. I am going with a friend, not family, so I am not going to be able to play much on my phone and be "sociable", and Windows game can't get played at all since it will be in another state. It's not looking good.

Plus, in-laws and nephews are coming to visit on Friday. Once they are gone, I can work on household projects I've been putting off. So I'm not sure the game will survive working on those either.

This whole building enchantment thing is potentially pointless considering I’ve had all of these characters maxed out for well over a year. This is great for new players but for the rest of us....stupid update.

Well it’s good that they added a feature that will likely help newer players. It kinda feels like. It seems like most of the resent updates only make the game harder for newer players.

Well it’s good that they added a feature that will likely help newer players. It kinda feels like. It seems like most of the resent updates only make the game harder for newer players.

LOL, the "resent" updates!

I think they unintentionally messed up the drop rate for the common blueprint token, and that was the reason for the "gift". If it's common, I shouldn't have 3 after a week. I've been able to enchant two that use the uncommon blueprint in that time.

Enchanting is completely geared at newer players, only thing of this update geared towards endgame players is the tower challenge and duck tales addition.

And having made no changes or upgrades, I can once again collect Balloon tokens.

I used what they gave us and got one more chest to get what I was missing and enchanted the Star Adventure to help with Bunny. Don’t know if I will enchant anything else certainly not right now. Drop rate sucks!

So instead of making token requirements easier, they instead make you level up buildings to get tokens. As usual they aren't making it easier for new players.
For the Mickey funwheel, enchanting to level 2 requires 5,000 magic. But yields only a +1 magic boost. Collection time is 1 hour. Assuming 8 collections per day, your pay off is ONLY 625 days! With the changes inability to farm magic, players will have to decide between enchanting buildings, buying land, or some of the expensive characters.

How does this help new players? They have to work harder to get the same tokens we did.

The only one this update is for is Gameloft

well, you can get more and multiple drops from single attractions. Now that I have the funwheel upgraded to level 2 it has the chance to drop 2 different items, etc.

So it should, theoretically, help with getting these common items that newer players need

The flip side is newer players usually struggle with magic and this will take up more of their magic

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter