Disney Magic Kingdoms

FYI, be careful where and how fast you click.

The good news is my Toy Story Buildings no longer have bubbles. The bad news is I accidentally enchanted Toy Story Mania!

FYI, be careful where and how fast you click.

The good news is my Toy Story Buildings no longer have bubbles. The bad news is I accidentally enchanted Toy Story Mania!

Same goes for cursed buildings! If you click to fast and/or many times it’s easy to possible spend gems speeding up the attractions job. Believe it has a conformation pop up, but if your not paying attention, you might click confirmation.

Well my dog woke me up a little while ago and can’t fall back to sleep, but not gonna complain. I had a successful night and collected my final Louis piece and will be welcomed to my park in a little over 12 hours. Also bought my final Shenzhen piece, and only 2K EC short on welcoming him.

Not sure if my Hot Cocoa drop rates have been bad, or they just make it harder this TC, but currently down to 13. Since I can’t see any advantage to saving them I’m gonna spend them. Currently 49th, but doubt I’ll finish top 50. Want to finish in the top 100 though.

Well better try to get back to sleep, or it’s gonna be a grumpier Monday than usual.

Well my dog woke me up a little while ago and can’t fall back to sleep, but not gonna complain. I had a successful night and collected my final Louis piece and will be welcomed to my park in a little over 12 hours. Also bought my final Shenzhen piece, and only 2K EC short on welcoming him.

Not sure if my Hot Cocoa drop rates have been bad, or they just make it harder this TC, but currently down to 13. Since I can’t see any advantage to saving them I’m gonna spend them. Currently 49th, but doubt I’ll finish top 50. Want to finish in the top 100 though.

Well better try to get back to sleep, or it’s gonna be a grumpier Monday than usual.
Managed to save up 51 cocoas going into this third round. Past experience has shown me that it's a waste to use too many in the first two rounds. And sure enough, it has helped this time, too. I have both concession stands and will be getting the third. I'm in the same spot as you are with Shenzi, but a bit further behind in EC. Still need 2,000 to welcome her, but then I've got Banzai at 3. If I hadn't pulled the trigger on that one, I'd be set. But with a full two days left, we're both in a good place.

As for me, this morning is my FP+ window, so rather than be home at 7am and then have to race to the office, I decided to come in early, so I'm already at work. Three minutes from now I'll be scrambling to see what I feel like riding in September.

So I just noticed yesterday that happiness goes up by 10 points when you have completed one mission, that was new to me(shoes howuch attention I pat I guess lol). I also noticed that I dropped almost 100 happiness points overnight. Went from in the 90s at the ecstatic level to waking up at 99 in joyous. I worked really hard to get back to ecstatic and am not pleased that the rate fell that much overnight.

So I just noticed yesterday that happiness goes up by 10 points when you have completed one mission, that was new to me(shoes howuch attention I pat I guess lol). I also noticed that I dropped almost 100 happiness points overnight. Went from in the 90s at the ecstatic level to waking up at 99 in joyous. I worked really hard to get back to ecstatic and am not pleased that the rate fell that much overnight.
They want us to start using up our otherwise useless elixir, so for 650 you can protect your happiness for 24 hours. At the end of the day, what the heck else do you have to use it on?

I don't think the math is going to work out for me.

In IOS, I am only at 30,328 EC and it takes 34,000 to Welcome Shenzi. I have already reached the 3rd milestone so no more large chunks to collect. It works out to ~14.12 collections, I assume the buildings/daily chests will take care of the .12. But 14 collections (and the 1 hr Welcome time) in 48 hours? I like to sleep. I have 25 cocoa, not even sure that's enough. I'll keep plugging along to see if the cocoa will hold out that I can gem through some rounds, maybe. Since I bought Ed, I'm already below the 700 I like to have stashed away in anticipation of the next event, but not so far below that I don't think I will miss out

In Windows, I am another 7 collections behind, and I have less cocoa and not enough gems that I want to devote to gemming through this.

The annoying thing, is that in both games I will have "won" the Chapter. But that's not enough to guarantee you the TC character. This is how messed up GL's plan is for players. I'm sure for them it's exactly what they want. People to think they are going to make it because they have completed the steps for each Chapter, and then to come up short, panic and buy a bundle or gems to finish.

Yes, I played less because of our visitors. But they were only here for 4 days, and I was still able to collect a bunch of times. Just not every 2 hours on the dot. Banzai is only at level 1, so I didn't overspend where I shouldn't have. But they have tweaked enough, here and there that it's just not doable unless you can check in whenever the game demands it.

Managed to save up 51 cocoas going into this third round. Past experience has shown me that it's a waste to use too many in the first two rounds. And sure enough, it has helped this time, too. I have both concession stands and will be getting the third. I'm in the same spot as you are with Shenzi, but a bit further behind in EC. Still need 2,000 to welcome her, but then I've got Banzai at 3. If I hadn't pulled the trigger on that one, I'd be set. But with a full two days left, we're both in a good place.

As for me, this morning is my FP+ window, so rather than be home at 7am and then have to race to the office, I decided to come in early, so I'm already at work. Three minutes from now I'll be scrambling to see what I feel like riding in September.

I also try not to use very many (6-8?) on the first 2 chapters. I also like to strategy use my daily refresh. I make sure I use all of the characters in he largest group before refreshing everyone, even if that means only sending out 2 characters. Think I only got up 2 34 cocoas this time. I could be wrong, but it feels like they gave us fewer and/or longer cocoa jobs this time. Also a joke they have chose Woody, who also does other job. All 3 should ONLY DO cocoa jobs!

Yep, nothing more spontaneous than choosing what attractions your gonna be doing in 60+ days. :rotfl: Seriously though, that’s usually my brother and my job every trip and I don’t really mind it. Can’t tell you how many Touring Plan trips we do before finally deciding. On the end actually probably worked much better that way, especially when dealing with 2 young(er) children and afternoon resort breaks.

Last edited:
The 10 points is only for ecstatic, and I believe you lose a point every 4.5 minutes? And the 4.5 minutes is them “fixing” the happiness system they broke which actually dropped a point every 3 minutes. So basically if you go to bed at 99% ecstatic you will drop back down to joyous in a little over 4.5 hours. In joyous it’s 1 point per happiness, but you only drop 1% an hour.

The interns really 🤬 up the entire happiness system and even though the did make it a little less bad, I refuse To give than any credit or benefit of the doubt that they will ever fix it.

I don't think the math is going to work out for me.

In IOS, I am only at 30,328 EC and it takes 34,000 to Welcome Shenzi. I have already reached the 3rd milestone so no more large chunks to collect. It works out to ~14.12 collections, I assume the buildings/daily chests will take care of the .12. But 14 collections (and the 1 hr Welcome time) in 48 hours? I like to sleep. I have 25 cocoa, not even sure that's enough. I'll keep plugging along to see if the cocoa will hold out that I can gem through some rounds, maybe. Since I bought Ed, I'm already below the 700 I like to have stashed away in anticipation of the next event, but not so far below that I don't think I will miss out

In Windows, I am another 7 collections behind, and I have less cocoa and not enough gems that I want to devote to gemming through this.

The annoying thing, is that in both games I will have "won" the Chapter. But that's not enough to guarantee you the TC character. This is how messed up GL's plan is for players. I'm sure for them it's exactly what they want. People to think they are going to make it because they have completed the steps for each Chapter, and then to come up short, panic and buy a bundle or gems to finish.

Yes, I played less because of our visitors. But they were only here for 4 days, and I was still able to collect a bunch of times. Just not every 2 hours on the dot. Banzai is only at level 1, so I didn't overspend where I shouldn't have. But they have tweaked enough, here and there that it's just not doable unless you can check in whenever the game demands it.
I’m in the same boat. I wanted to play casual, but looks like I was a little too casual. I didn’t pick it up but twice a day while in Disney this past weekend too. As of now I need 7,500 more EC to welcome Shenzi and I’m highly doubtful to make that..

I just noticed that the number of Maleficent Coins being earned is lower than the estimated range. The info said between 250 and 280 coins when all five slots are filled, but when this challenge ended, only 236 coins were awarded. That's 14 coins short of the minimum according to the game play info. Not a huge difference, but still...

I just noticed that the number of Maleficent Coins being earned is lower than the estimated range. The info said between 250 and 280 coins when all five slots are filled, but when this challenge ended, only 236 coins were awarded. That's 14 coins short of the minimum according to the game play info. Not a huge difference, but still...
Probably why I won't be getting Shenzi. I only have 17 Boilers and then I still need another 4,000 in Event Currency. I'm getting tired of doing the Events and not getting the character.

Level of Characters matter. So when you use Banzai, he earns less than when you use a level 10 character. I'm guessing you didn't notice one of your characters wasn't level 10 and you didn't notice that the estimated range was different than when all your characters are level 10. This caught me too, the first time I used my level 1 Banzai. I'm usually using my maxed out characters.

Level of Characters matter. So when you use Banzai, he earns less than when you use a level 10 character. I'm guessing you didn't notice one of your characters wasn't level 10 and you didn't notice that the estimated range was different than when all your characters are level 10. This caught me too, the first time I used my level 1 Banzai. I'm usually using my maxed out characters.
Good tip. Didn't realize this. This would explain why the Princess and Frog characters did not do so well for me as most of them are not level 10.

Well, I did pretty well with collections in my IOS game yesterday. I did make sure to check in during my overnight potty break, and when DH fed the cats. 4 more collections and I should have enough. So before bedtime, and I can sleep tonight. Only have 10 cocoa, but with the reset, I should have enough.

Windows. Still looking at 12-13 collections. Only have 12 cocoa, so still not possible. Not sure what I should do with my EC. I will level up Banzai, and buy the Ear Hats. But someone on Reddit was speculating that the expensive token might be the one to disappear this time and the 2 cheap ones become the actual tokens. So I don't know if I should just buy all the tokens (where I will fall short is the 4000EC) or buy neither and just get an extra gem or 2.

Welcomed Shenzi. After the first task of spying on the local lions, next is a yellow 6-hour task. Also appreciative of the 16 gems I got for completing the set.

In other news...

Ed: 7
Bonzai: 3

Hewey: 5
Dewey: 5
Louie: 4

Ducky: 10 (done)
Bunny: currently leveling to 9

Rajah: 7
Sultan: 10 (done)

Hei Hei: ready for 10
All other Moana characters at 10

Welcomed Shenzi. After the first task of spying on the local lions, next is a yellow 6-hour task. Also appreciative of the 16 gems I got for completing the set.

In other news...

Ed: 7
Bonzai: 3

Hewey: 5
Dewey: 5
Louie: 4

Ducky: 10 (done)
Bunny: currently leveling to 9

Rajah: 7
Sultan: 10 (done)

Hei Hei: ready for 10
All other Moana characters at 10

I don’t expect to get Shenzi, but never did. Lol I just wanted the two Lion King characters, Timon and Nala and associated buildings like I have somewhere for all my buildings lol. So happy with what I got. Feel more complete now on Lion King. Did not want to spend gems on Ed as I was saving and got enough gems for Scrooge instead. Already back to 100 gems so saving for next event or gem character.

I don’t expect to get Shenzi, but never did. Lol I just wanted the two Lion King characters, Timon and Nala and associated buildings like I have somewhere for all my buildings lol. So happy with what I got. Feel more complete now on Lion King. Did not want to spend gems on Ed as I was saving and got enough gems for Scrooge instead. Already back to 100 gems so saving for next event or gem character.

The core character set should prove more valuable to you in the long run than these hyenas, so I think you've made a wise choice there.

Just got my Prideland Punch Stand, so that's about all I need to work towards. I could keep trying to level up Bonzai, but then there IS that massive one-gem conversion to look forward to...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!