Disney Magic Kingdoms

Just couldn’t get Kylos hats to drop so looks like I won’t be finishing this event. Very frustrating considering I hit the time wall everytime so spent days doing nothing at all only to rush at the end and still not complete it. Disappointed in the way that Gameloft has chosen to run the game these last few events, especially with the building enchantments. This game just isn’t what it was when I started playing several years ago.

Maybe I didn't get any lightsabers because "I Might poke my eye out"

LOL, I really wanted a Lightsaber but did not get from any of my boxes, so this morning spent 40 gems and got a blue one from my chest. I put at front and visitors bought one almost right away, then moved to Star Wars area. Before long visitors were buying them in Star Wars area along with Blue Milk.

Finished going 0-12 on Kylo Ear Hat tokens, in my Windows game. So it cost 160 gems to Welcome him. So I didn't spend gems on anything else. Enchanting the Speeders got me 1 token in 8 tries.

Wow. 18 gems. Thanks for skewing the event currency, Gameloft.

The event currency is paid out differently, I got 11. But the overall event to me ran more smoothly then in the past. I don’t like that the mini events no long give away concessions, but the Trophy, Happiness and Event Currency. They want you to buy to much with money now.

The event currency is paid out differently, I got 11. But the overall event to me ran more smoothly then in the past. I don’t like that the mini events no long give away concessions, but the Trophy, Happiness and Event Currency. They want you to buy to much with money now.
For a time, it was point-for-point on regular tasks. Then a few events ago, they decided to scale back on how much each character could earn through a task. Can't recall which event it was, but I do remember posting a chart comparing how much each task length would yield for events vs standard. Guess they were tired of people winning (and not buying) 80 gems at a time.

The concession stand nonsense has been another pet peeve of mine. There was a time you could buy them for gems (certainly not going to allow us to use our magic for them, which is annoying too). How soon before we have to pay for the floats or they are only available in chests so we gamble on those as well?

Just couldn’t get Kylos hats to drop so looks like I won’t be finishing this event. Very frustrating considering I hit the time wall everytime so spent days doing nothing at all only to rush at the end and still not complete it. Disappointed in the way that Gameloft has chosen to run the game these last few events, especially with the building enchantments. This game just isn’t what it was when I started playing several years ago.
Finished going 0-12 on Kylo Ear Hat tokens, in my Windows game. So it cost 160 gems to Welcome him. So I didn't spend gems on anything else. Enchanting the Speeders got me 1 token in 8 tries.

Drop rates have always been a real issue in this game and I’m convinced they mess around with event item drop rate % throughout every event. Luckily my drop rates were really good and relatively even between Kylos items this event. Also helped that I had all of the character and attractions for this event. Also, don’t expect this to be the norm for me and I’ll be 🤬 and complaining about awful drop rates in the next event or two.:rotfl:

Wow. 18 gems. Thanks for skewing the event currency, Gameloft.

Once again we we basic even this event, but you slightly pulled ahead of me at the end. I ended up with 17 gems and think you got the event is completed an hour or two eRlier than mine.

Yeah, I especially dislike the happiness rewards and it actually bugs me. Seriously unless you haven’t logged if for a day or two who needs that much happiness? Now if the happiness was banked and we could use it whenever we wanted to, that would be a useful reward!

Other than that I actually like the 🤬 rewards, because they don’t give me any incentive to put in any effort to finish higher. The one exception to that was the one that gave away gems. I actually did work on that one so I could finish top 20(?) to get my 30 or 40 gems.

For a time, it was point-for-point on regular tasks. Then a few events ago, they decided to scale back on how much each character could earn through a task. Can't recall which event it was, but I do remember posting a chart comparing how much each task length would yield for events vs standard. Guess they were tired of people winning (and not buying) 80 gems at a time.

The concession stand nonsense has been another pet peeve of mine. There was a time you could buy them for gems (certainly not going to allow us to use our magic for them, which is annoying too). How soon before we have to pay for the floats or they are only available in chests so we gamble on those as well?

Yep, it’s progressively gotten worse for the last 6-12 months. I also didn’t get any concession stands this event and wouldn’t have minded one or two of them. Funny thing is I looked thru my stand inventory, just to see if I won one and didn’t realize it. I didn’t, but was really surprised seeing all these newer stands I didn’t realize I had. Probably from the stand concessions, so I guess I really don’t pay attention to them.

Yeah, I especially dislike the happiness rewards and it actually bugs me. Seriously unless you haven’t logged if for a day or two who needs that much happiness? Now if the happiness was banked and we could use it whenever we wanted to, that would be a useful reward!

Other than that I actually like the 🤬 rewards, because they don’t give me any incentive to put in any effort to finish higher. The one exception to that was the one that gave away gems. I actually did work on that one so I could finish top 20(?) to get my 30 or 40 gems.

Yep, it’s progressively gotten worse for the last 6-12 months. I also didn’t get any concession stands this event and wouldn’t have minded one or two of them. Funny thing is I looked thru my stand inventory, just to see if I won one and didn’t realize it. I didn’t, but was really surprised seeing all these newer stands I didn’t realize I had. Probably from the stand concessions, so I guess I really don’t pay attention to them.
I have a ton of stands in inventory, and I too went through every one of them in case there was one at the end to purchase. Of course... 👎

Just started to level my final Frozen Character, Honeymaren to 10 so I’m just down to SW and Coco characters!

Star Wars
BB-8 - 5
Poe - 7
Finn - 6 (ready for 7)
Rey - 5
FOST - 6
Kylo Ren - 4
Hux - 6

R2 - 6
3PO - 7

Coco
Ready for 10
Miguel
Dante
Mama Imelda
Ernesto

Abuelita - 7
Mama Coco - 9
Hector - 9

Have 328 posters, so I’ll start making some of the Coco characters in the next few days.

I got a wish from a kid and got a blueprint instead of a happiness smilie, I was not amused. I much rather get the happiness because I'm having a hard enough time with those and I do not care about those enchantments.

I got a wish from a kid and got a blueprint instead of a happiness smilie, I was not amused. I much rather get the happiness because I'm having a hard enough time with those and I do not care about those enchantments.
The blue wishes will yield anything but happiness, I believe. We are supposed to get one of those a day.

Let's play the old who is leveling game:

BB-8 Collecting for 5
Poe Ready for 7
Finn Ready for 7
Rey Collecting for 5
Storm Trooper Collecting for 5
Kylo Collecting for 3 (His hat drops will be terrible)
Hux Collecting for 5
C3po Collecting for 6

Ryder Ready for 9
HoneyBadger Collecting for 9

Marlin Ready for 10

Coco Boy - Ready for 10
GrandmaMa collecting for 8
Derpy Dog - Collecting for 9
Great Grandma Coco - Ready for 8
Purple Lady Coco - Collecting for 7
Forgotten Dad - Collecting for 8
Rock Star - Collecting for 10
All characters need those pink posters to level.

Never got the ghost of Grumpy (Haunted Mansion Bride).

And yes I bought the xwing fighter after much debate. I figure the need

I guess there is a Sand Whirl event going on now...? I haven't been able to check it out yet, but does anyone know which characters collect items? Thanks!

I guess there is a Sand Whirl event going on now...? I haven't been able to check it out yet, but does anyone know which characters collect items? Thanks!

They are:

Dustpan:

Anatasia
Cinderella
General Hux
Kylo Ren

Broom:

BoPeep
Drizella
Rey
Kylo Ren

The quests range from 4 to 6 hours and requires two of each. Minnie, Mickey and Pete have to do the quests once item acquired. Don’t know rewards yet sorry.

The quests range from 4 to 6 hours and requires two of each. Minnie, Mickey and Pete have to do the quests once item acquired. Don’t know rewards yet sorry.
For winds collected you get
2 winds = 10 gems.
5 winds one of those purple resource chests.
10 winds a purple blue print.
15 winds an orange blue print.

There is a leaderboard, but I don't really plan on collecting until the end to get my 10 gems and then restock the dustpans and brooms for the next time it is offered.

Also a livestream will be tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter