Disney Magic Kingdoms

Wondered the same thing, but read it the same way you did. I think sapphire chests are the only way to get her. While I gave up on being a character completionism a long time ago, she’s one of the few characters I really would like to have. Will probably buy a few sapphire chests.
Surprised they never gave up the whole gambling on chests thing. If they offered her for sale, would they make more? Or are they banking on idiots paying for multiple chests but never getting the item they want?

Same here, so that is what I am trying to decide if the sapphire chests are only way (if so I will likely buy some) or any other way

I’m gonna assume it is. If they offer her some other way, great, I’ll just decide accordingly.

Surprised they never gave up the whole gambling on chests thing. If they offered her for sale, would they make more? Or are they banking on idiots paying for multiple chests but never getting the item they want?

I’ll guarantee they have the numbers and know which way make them the most money. Not sure what is up some of those loot crate laws/legislations? They might have an impact on the whole chest gambling thing? Honestly I’d prefer being able to buy here directly with gems. That said, I’m at just over 1250 gems, so I’m willing the spend a few hundred in sapphire chests.

I think this 75 character limit is gonna be an issue that they’re gonna have to address in the future. I only have 6 characters left that I need to level up and have 43 characters out in my kingdom collecting for them. Newer and more casual players are gonna have to prioritize who to level up and not to.

Not sure how they will “fix” this issue, but I’m putting in my vote to get ride of the common token requirement and just make us have to worry about the second and third item. 👍🏻

I've just welcomed Thumper (my 73rd character in my kingdom), and this is going to hurt some when I get there. Probably more about 15 characters from now than it will at first. I'm back up with enough magic to welcome the next group of characters I have, but that's by not leveling anyone for the last week and a half. I have fewer token conflicts than when I started the Hercules event right now.

If characters could get greater than 8 magic / hour at home, I think that would mitigate the hurt for earlier players more. It's still going to slow down token earnings, though, which at times is slow enough as it is.

I think this 75 character limit is gonna be an issue that they’re gonna have to address in the future. I only have 6 characters left that I need to level up and have 43 characters out in my kingdom collecting for them. Newer and more casual players are gonna have to prioritize who to level up and not to.

Not sure how they will “fix” this issue, but I’m putting in my vote to get ride of the common token requirement and just make us have to worry about the second and third item. 👍🏻
Remember that they have been stating that the reason they could not open new land too often was due to the ability of phones to process the game. So perhaps by limiting the number of active characters will reduce the processes being run at any given time. Who knows. This is what happens when you leave the company in the hands of interns.

I KNow that they won't but your characters at home need to earn more magic than if they were sent on tasks in the park. The whole community is being punished by hardware requirements of other players not being able to have a stable game. There are a lot of mid players who aren't day 1 players. They are facing huge time walls grinding for magic.

With the 75 character limit, guess you will have to try your best to level some folks up to be competitive in tower challenges where having level 10 characters is better than level 4 characters. I guess they can continue to milk attraction enchantments too for tokens since that may be the only way to collect for some characters without going over the 75 character limit.

I guess what I am saying is, there are a lot of residual impacts to game play with this adaptation. What good is more land if I can't send the characters to the attractions to do their tasks to get tokens to level them up.

Remember that they have been stating that the reason they could not open new land too often was due to the ability of phones to process the game. So perhaps by limiting the number of active characters will reduce the processes being run at any given time. Who knows. This is what happens when you leave the company in the hands of interns.

I’m not disagreeing with the points you made that the 75 kingdom character limit might be necessary due to older device limitations. Honestly as much as we make fun of the “interns” I have no reason to question that they felt they had to do this. The point I was trying to make is if they have to than they are gonna have to revisit/rethink many aspects of the game. Like I said, I only have 6 characters I’m collecting for and it takes 43/75 slots to collect for them. How are newer or more casual players support to advance with these new restrictions? There is no way it won’t slow them down. Also, will they take a fiscal hit from this move? If A player is already at the 75 character limit are they going to spend gems/coins on chests for a chance at older characters they don’t have? Are they gonna by premium characters when the next event happens?

Last edited:
I think it's likely that they will increase the magic gathered from characters that are home, either with this update or the next. I think they were doing their best to answer the calls for more land, and it comes with a "price". They could, in theory, give players an option to have more characters out, with the knowledge that it is going to make your game crash and not to send in a bunch of support tickets for that. I play on a "cheap" phone, and my game crashes frequently, but I know that is a tradeoff I make for not wanting to buy a $1000 phone so I don't send support requests all the time. I am leveling characters from 8 collections right now and am running between 70-85 characters to do it, so there is still leveling that can be done with the character limit.

Last edited:
The only other thing that I wanted to add is that if you look in the Patch Notes, the photo there shows a 100 character limit. Now I know they're saying 75 characters for now, but there's a chance that this 75 character limit isn't set in stone.

The only other thing that I wanted to add is that if you look in the Patch Notes, the photo there shows a 100 character limit. Now I know they're saying 75 characters for now, but there's a chance that this 75 character limit isn't set in stone.

I agree. I think it will all be driven by $$$. If they make more with the changes, they will stay on that path. If they lose money, they will revisit the limits. They probably won't mind if they lose a lot of ftp players since they make work without generating much money other than ad watching.

People on reddit are saying that the new ride, Oogie Boogie Spin, will be awarded ONLY to the first place finisher on the leaderboard (100 per board)... If this is true, then it is going to be a BLOODBATH, omg... Things are going to get ugly...

People on reddit are saying that the new ride, Oogie Boogie Spin, will be awarded ONLY to the first place finisher on the leaderboard (100 per board)... If this is true, then it is going to be a BLOODBATH, omg... Things are going to get ugly...

Actually if that’s the case it’s gonna make things really easy for me. Unless I get on an easy board, that it’s one less thing I’ll have to worry about.

Whether it’s a 75 character or a 100 character limit, I wonder what happened in the game that made land so resources intensive? Or would these be changes they would have to make even if they weren’t giving us more land?

For anyone who started playing the game in the last year or two a little game history that might explain some of the OG players annoyance with the lack of land. It was around July 2017 when they added the Big Thunder expansion area with it’s 9 plots of land. To date, they have only opened 3 of them. It also looks like we’re approaching the 2 year anniversary of the other large land expansion to the right of the BTMRR area and left of Small World. I believe that was 9 plots of land and to date they’ve only opened 4. When they added those expansions, they promised us that they would be opening land on a regular schedule and as you can see that haven’t been the case.

So what happened? It resources were such a concern, it never made sense for them to add all those land expansions 2-3 years ago. Did they plan to the cut support to older devices a couple years ago and decided again it, or were told they couldn’t? Did they change the entire focus of the game at some point? Ultimately I know it doesn’t matter what their reasoning was, but I’d really find it interesting to know what happened.

Last edited:
I’m not disagreeing with the points you made that the 75 kingdom character limit might be necessary due to older device limitations. Honestly as much as we make fun of the “interns” I have no reason to question that they felt they had to do this. The point I was trying to make is if they have to than they are gonna have to revisit/rethink many aspects of the game. Like I said, I only have 6 characters I’m collecting for and it takes 43/75 slots to collect for them. How are newer or more casual players support to advance with these new restrictions? There is no way it won’t slow them down. Also, will they take a fiscal hit from this move? If A player is already at the 75 character limit are they going to spend gems/coins on chests for a chance at older characters they don’t have? Are they gonna by premium characters when the next event happens?
I cannot believe that there are so many players still on nearly-outdated devices, but apparently there are???

I play on a "cheap" phone, and my game crashes frequently, but I know that is a tradeoff I make for not wanting to buy a $1000 phone so I don't send support requests all the time.
Which is exactly how much my Galaxy S20 cost me, though purchasing it had nothing to do with needing to be able to play this stupid game.

I just checked out of curiosity and I currently have 46 characters out - I am leveling characters from Eperor's New Groove and finishing up Hercules ones (not too far away from finishing that) and then have Owl and Gord to do as well. so some room for up to 75, but how many more will I need for this next event? might get close

Also makes me wonder about for Tower Challenges where you typically have out 20+ characters for each round - maybe the increase the number for those or change around how the TCs are done?

maybe the increase the number for those or change around how the TCs are done?
Or even better, just get rid of the Tower Challenge all together. One thing I haven't seen people suggest is that they rebalance the tokens. Maybe they can either reduce the # of items needed for each level up. Or quit making some of the items epic or legendary and make it easier to get the various tokens. Any of these could then reduce the amount (and number) of characters out getting tokens.

Or even better, just get rid of the Tower Challenge all together. One thing I haven't seen people suggest is that they rebalance the tokens. Maybe they can either reduce the # of items needed for each level up. Or quit making some of the items epic or legendary and make it easier to get the various tokens. Any of these could then reduce the amount (and number) of characters out getting tokens.

I'd also welcome that you could get more than 1 of the common tokens at a time ... maybe instead of 1 hour task, make it a 4 hour task but each collection you can get up to 5 ... feels like so often it is those common tokens that take the bulk of time to finish collections

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter