Disney Magic Kingdoms

Or even better, just get rid of the Tower Challenge all together. One thing I haven't seen people suggest is that they rebalance the tokens. Maybe they can either reduce the # of items needed for each level up. Or quit making some of the items epic or legendary and make it easier to get the various tokens. Any of these could then reduce the amount (and number) of characters out getting tokens.

I like your idea, but have they done any recent rebalancing that lowered the number of tokens required? It feels like the rebalances have just increased the number. I mentioned removing common tokens all together, but that won’t happen. Could see them cap commons to say 200 instead of the ridiculous 700+ for some groups. Or better yet allow characters you sent home to also collect common tokens? Maybe get ride of any job that requires 2 characters? I’ve long been an advocate of getting ride of difficulty levels and make the drop rate 100%. Of course they would have to alter collection times if that happens. Maybe any job over 24 hours automatically sends them home to do it?

I'd also welcome that you could get more than 1 of the common tokens at a time ... maybe instead of 1 hour task, make it a 4 hour task but each collection you can get up to 5 ... feels like so often it is those common tokens that take the bulk of time to finish collections

Like that idea, but wouldn’t that mean common tokens would be grouped with other items making those non common items nearly impossible to collect. With all the non item jobs characters can do, it shouldn’t be a problem, but they seem to like clumping them with other jobs. Maybe create a generic common token “job” that gives you an option to choose 1/2/4/8 hours and when finished it would return that number of tokens?

The cost of the new land.... :rotfl2:
(4 million and 5 million)
Would love to know what % of plays can afford that? 😝 Honestly why even charge for land anymore? For the amount of time they go between releases it should be free.

I purchased the new land. As a long time player I had plenty of magic stored up. Takes two days for each area to complete.

OK, was particularly kidding about why are they charging for land still, although due to the lack of new land over the last year + I think it would have been a nice gesture. That said, I’m trying to understand the logic in the 2 day to complete? In the past land was part of the storyline progression, so that made sense, but is there more storyline involved here? I guess I’ll find out in two days.

I haven't gotten the option to update yet, but won't be able to buy the first plot of land for a bit anyway since I took a 800k hit to welcome Yzma. I'm guessing they want to slow game play down a bit, while still giving the appearance of giving players what they want.

9,000,000 Magic spent on two new plots of land. Two days to complete that. FYI, the 75 character limit is active now after the update. If you have more than 75 characters out, you can't send any of them on any quest until you reduce the number of characters to 75 or below. So I sent some home and hopefully they are not ones that I need to collect tokens for any character. After I sent some back, I noticed that I had a happiness request for one of them. So I was able to return from home to do that. I expect I will have to send them home after they complete the hour happiness request.

Ha, I just opened the 2,000,000 land in front of Everest and still don't have the 3,000,000 piece in Fantasyland. I won't be seeing the new land for a LONG time!

I've settled on 72 characters in the park as my base, leaving me 3 slots to bring in people needed only for happiness then send them back to the castle when done. At least some happiness requests will be for attractions or people who are already in the park, so I think that will work.

If we do a tower challenge, I'll just put away some less-needed characters to make room for those who have to come out of the castle for the challenge.

Ha, I just opened the 2,000,000 land in front of Everest and still don't have the 3,000,000 piece in Fantasyland. I won't be seeing the new land for a LONG time!

I've settled on 72 characters in the park as my base, leaving me 3 slots to bring in people needed only for happiness then send them back to the castle when done. At least some happiness requests will be for attractions or people who are already in the park, so I think that will work.

If we do a tower challenge, I'll just put away some less-needed characters to make room for those who have to come out of the castle for the challenge.

Maybe it’s just a weird coincidence, but I’m stuck with 4 happiness requests for characters I sent out on 8 or 12 hour job requests this morning. Other than a few attractive happiness request the game hasn’t asked for a character I sent home since updating. Before the update I’d say about 3/4 of my characters happiness requests were from characters that weren’t in the kingdom.

Did the iOS update earlier and now my ads aren’t working. For the love Gameloft, for the love.

And the stupid thing about this new land is that I can afford it ten times over at this point, but I don't need it. I've packed away every single building that isn't required for a token drop or happiness, and I have everything fitting in the land around California Screamin', with room to spare now that my Hercules buildings have been packed away. So while I'll happily blow the 9 million in magic, what's the point??

Did the iOS update earlier and now my ads aren’t working. For the love Gameloft, for the love.
I really don't play too many games on my phone, so I can't speak oo intelligently on this. But I cannot imagine that there are as many games out there whose developers continually drop the ball with each new release. And you guys wonder why I am convinced that Gameloft has their finest team of interns assigned to this game.

Which makes sense, since the new event doesn't start until Thursday anyway.

Except the new land can’t be tied into the new event, can it? What percentage of players can afford to pay 9M Magic? Sure we can, but we’re the exception. I’d be shocked if more than 25% of players are able to and that number is probably very generous.

I only just noticed as well, ads are not working on my IPhone. Nor do I see in setup where to turn ads on or off. Which they said would be possible in the live feed.

I only just noticed as well, ads are not working on my IPhone. Nor do I see in setup where to turn ads on or off. Which they said would be possible in the live feed.

Honestly, at this point I expect issues like this to happen whenever they come out with an update. Especially since one of the new features is the ads on/off, like you mentioned. It’s also possible that they’ve turned ads off and have to wait for the Android version gets released before they can turn them back on? I usually give the game a day or two before I start worrying about it.

So admittedly, I haven't been paying attention. I see there's an update today. Is there a new event starting? What do I need to know about it?

I miss being able to see ads to help keep up my happiness and gems, come on game loft. At least give me more characters wanting happiness to offset the issue.

Except the new land can’t be tied into the new event, can it? What percentage of players can afford to pay 9M Magic? Sure we can, but we’re the exception. I’d be shocked if more than 25% of players are able to and that number is probably very generous.
Not insinuating that at all. But if we have to wait two days until something solid starts, at least we have something to help us pretend that something is happening during this downtime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!