Disney Magic Kingdoms

I was able to start collecting for baby Yoda as soon as he unlocked, and as of this morning was 0 of 8 on both tokens. Luckily things are looking up today and I'm now at 3 of 8 on both.

I am getting plenty of the Hover Prams but only have 3 hats so far, they are just not dropping. I will keep trying until close to the end and use gems to finish The Child if I have too.

I’m still trying to get Cara to lvl 3, my drops for her are ridiculous. Not looking likely for baby yoda and he’s the one character I really wanted lol

I was just logging on to say the exact same thing. Not looking good for me. I play on my iphone and casually on Windows. I find it really frustrating that with as much as I work on the iphone version, I won't make it to the last character. I even bought the extra character guy. Boo.

I am getting plenty of the Hover Prams but only have 3 hats so far, they are just not dropping. I will keep trying until close to the end and use gems to finish The Child if I have too.

I got my last Hover Pram at lunch and currently have 5 ear hats.

I’m not gonna complain about my drop rates for the Child because I’m happy with mine so far. That said, I’m gonna complain about drop rates vs. rarely level. My drop rates for The Child’s EPIC items have been much better than my drop rates for Cara’s RARE ear hats were and that appears to be the case for many players who have been lucky enough to begin collecting for The Child. It’s very clear that they artificially set the drop rates for Cara’s RARE ear hats much lower for most people this event. Or it’s also possible that they artificially set the drop rates for The Childs EPIC items higher? Either way, what’s the purpose of having item rarely if they’re just gonna change the percentages on the fly?

Woke up with 7 prams this morning. And I'm still at 7 prams. The drop rates are just... bizarre. I have 3 ear hats, so can't really complain.

Yet

Was finally able to start collecting for The Child today and am 0 for 3. Took me 48 hours to get Cara’s last ear hat to drop and complete the 12 hour task. Extremely frustrating that after all that, I probably won’t be able to get him since once again, nothing is dropping.

ETA-I am now 0-7

Last edited:
Woke up with 7 prams this morning. And I'm still at 7 prams. The drop rates are just... bizarre. I have 3 ear hats, so can't really complain.

They are! Since my post 2 hours ago I’ve had 3 ear hat drops and went 3/3. I’m starting to welcome The Child right now! Will update what requirement, if any happen afterwords.

Info on what happens after you welcome The Child
click on blurred text below if you want to know:

1. The Child gets a cute welcome screen riding in his Hover Pram
  2. Followed by a neat cut scene with Mando.
  3. You then get 16 gems for completing your Star Wars collection
  4. First quest is 6 hours and requires The Child and Mando. I have Mando out on a 4 hour mission so I’ll have to wait
  5. at level 1 the child actually has a 6 hour job to collect his Hover Pram!

Last edited:

I got my last Hover Pram at lunch and currently have 5 ear hats.

I’m not gonna complain about my drop rates for the Child because I’m happy with mine so far. That said, I’m gonna complain about drop rates vs. rarely level. My drop rates for The Child’s EPIC items have been much better than my drop rates for Cara’s RARE ear hats were and that appears to be the case for many players who have been lucky enough to begin collecting for The Child. It’s very clear that they artificially set the drop rates for Cara’s RARE ear hats much lower for most people this event. Or it’s also possible that they artificially set the drop rates for The Childs EPIC items higher? Either way, what’s the purpose of having item rarely if they’re just gonna change the percentages on the fly?
Yeah their algorithm makes no sense in my game lol. But when do they ever??

I just finished the tasks up to the 12 hr tasks for mando and cara as I’m now waiting on cara drops again to go to level 4. I have 0/5 hats even though I have collected multiple times since beginning her level up to 3.🙄🙄🙄

Info on what happens after you welcome The Child
click on blurred text below if you want to know:

1. The Child gets a cute welcome screen riding in his Hover Pram
  2. Followed by a neat cut scene with Mando.
  3. You then get 16 gems for completing your Star Wars collection
  4. First quest is 6 hours and requires The Child and Mando. I have Mando out on a 4 hour mission so I’ll have to wait
  5. at level 1 the child actually has a 6 hour job to collect his Hover Pram!

Thanks. I only need 1 more pram for baby yoda.

The Yoda kid is in my park and on his joint task with the Mandalorian right now. Happiness safeguard is set. I am SO done with this game for the day. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

The Yoda kid is in my park and on his joint task with the Mandalorian right now. Happiness safeguard is set. I am SO done with this game for the day. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
I still need two hats but soon.

I just got the turkey in the oven, so rest time now!

Got my last pram this afternoon (Thanksgiving), Child is here and off on first task with Mando. My Sis got him welcomed maybe a couple of hours after I did.
Good luck to all still working on him!

I ended up getting up to 4/5 Cara hats last night on my last collection. I said screw it and paid the 24 gems for the last hat and immediate level up. Sent Cara and Mando on their merry way for the 12 hr tasks which should be done in a few hours.

already have some tasks that collect for the child sent out but it’ll definitely be a rush to see how many of his items I can get before the event ends. The rest I’ll just have to buy with gems. Hoping to keep it to as few gems wasted as possible lol I’m on the low side 🙄

Considering how they were indicated to be Epic or Legendary, I was pretty happy with my drop rates for The Child - took just about 2 days to get them all and I welcomed him overnight so have him now and doing first task with Mando

I agree with other posters that the consistency of the drops seems off as it seemed much easier to get The Child's items than it did Cara's stuff despite her's only being "rare"

Overall I liked this event - it was nice to start out with common tokens and icons so I could actually enchant building when it was actually helpful to do so

Still 2 ears short of The Child, but hopefully they will drop today. Had a death in the family, so barely opened the game in the last couple of days. It was a nice distraction in those moments though.

I think this may be the event that ends it for me. Drops for Cara have consistently been so bad that I won't even make it to starting to collect for baby yoda and that was the only character I really wanted.

The second 6 hours quest that requires Mando/The Child is the end of the event. There is also a 2 hour The Child side quest.

Considering how they were indicated to be Epic or Legendary, I was pretty happy with my drop rates for The Child - took just about 2 days to get them all and I welcomed him overnight so have him now and doing first task with Mando

I agree with other posters that the consistency of the drops seems off as it seemed much easier to get The Child's items than it did Cara's stuff despite her's only being "rare"

Overall I liked this event - it was nice to start out with common tokens and icons so I could actually enchant building when it was actually helpful to do so

Agree, the Epic items seemed to drop better than Caras rare ear hats. Was also happy with my Child drop rates. The funny thing is his ear hats slowed me down when it came to welcoming the Child, but I had 4 (4/2) ear hats collected before 8 got my first Hover Pram when I was working on getting him to level 2.

It was also nice not having to collect common tokens, but half way thru I realized what was the point of those creatures we had to tap on, other than 2 EC each. Either way, if they can fix the drop rate issue with Cara, I’d be happy with future events like this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter