Disney Magic Kingdoms

Only have 1 simba ears and 3 leaf manes so far. Of course all these new characters are always welcomed on my 11 hour work days and I can only play on my lunch hour lol

I have 11 Leafy Manes and 6 ears for Simba. My event currency total is just a smidge under 66,0000.
:simba:

Quick question....earlier today I saw that there was a "Coconut Smoothie" concession stand available for gems. I thought I would take some time to think about it and when I just checked a few minutes ago...it is was not showing as an option. Any idea what happened? I thought maybe they decided to have it a prize for the latest trophy competition but I see it isn't a prize (not sure why it is the face painting booth again???)

So I have a gold and a platinum chest all ready to open. I wanted to try the airplane trick. I signed out of the game, went into airplane mode (I have a 7S), got icky prizes, closed the game, deleted the game, re downloaded from iTunes, exited airplane mode, and now I'm locked out.

I have an iffy connection at home. Its throttled at 64k right now, so I am at a local university to use the wifi there.

I open the game, I get the animation, then it says "connection failed, please connect". But I am connected, and everything else can connect.
Please help.
You need to open the game still on wifi (or data), then after it's loaded switch to airplane mode to open the chests.

Yes I opened them in airplane mode...I did step by step exactly as pyork24 said and I have a wifi connection, (other things are loading just fine) and am signed into Gamecenter but it says no connection

Simba's drops haven't been very good for me - Buzz, Pumbaa, and Tink just finished their tasks and NOT ONE DROP! Currently at 5 leaf manes and 1 simba ears. Though I don't have Chip/Dale, Mulan, the parade float, or Rafiki, so I guess that limits me a bit. I was at work today also, so didn't have the opportunity to ensure my characters were turned around at the end of their tasks. Hopefully my drop rates improve! Definitely low on the event currency side - only 21K. Zazu/Timon lvl 7, Pumbaa lvl 8, Nala lvl 6, and all but Nala ready to level up again. On a side note: 109 more gems needed to get Rafiki. I wish I had him already though to help with Simba's tokens!!

This is where I'm after today. I'll have one more check in 60 min then off to bed for the night.

uJhrhhf.jpg

I've got 11/18 leaf and 7/15 ear tokens. Hopefully it will keep going at this rate and I can get Simba tomorrow. I've got 67K. Hoping to get the 80K before the end, but that will depend on how much Scar is. Simba at 12.5K and Scar will probably be between 15-25K, so I'll have to average over 3000 a day in event currency to get the full 80000.

At the 12 hour mark I have 7 leaf and 10 ears. I don't think the drop rate is that bad. It has been similar to other past events. I think I should have him by tomorrow evening.

Simba progress is fairly steady - 11 leaf and 10 ears, 72k event currency so far. I have Nala and Rafiki at lvl 6, Zazu, Timon and Pumbaa at lvl7. Everyone's ready to level up again.

Fairly steady progress. Here I am after a night of sleep although I kept waking up because I think my brain was telling me when timers were running out...not sure that's a good thing. :)

xjw0na2.jpg

First task for Simba is a 2 hour joint task with Nala then you face off with Scar. You can use all 6 lion king characters. They have to beat him 24 times and the tasks are 2 hours each. So if you are using all 6 it will take 8 hours!
Not that its a priority but welcoming Bagheera will take a while. His Perch has a 12 hour and 24 hour task and the 24 hour Golden Zephyr. Then his ears are a 12 and 24 hour task. Plus 20 of the prickly Pears.

Am I the only one disappointed with Rafiki? I've sent him out what feels like a million times, and he has yet to turn up anything for Simba! It's my first event so I have no comparaison, but somehow I expected more from a premium character

:flower3:
Am I the only one disappointed with Rafiki? I've sent him out what feels like a million times, and he has yet to turn up anything for Simba! It's my first event so I have no comparaison, but somehow I expected more from a premium character
I'm not sure if you missed this but when Rafiki earns anything, when you tap on him what he earned (if he did) will show up hovering over the Main Street area. I'm not sure why. So you might want to check and see if he IS actually dropping tokens. I hope so!

:flower3:
I'm not sure if you missed this but when Rafiki earns anything, when you tap on him what he earned (if he did) will show up hovering over the Main Street area. I'm not sure why. So you might want to check and see if he IS actually dropping tokens. I hope so!
You're thinking of Zazu, not Rafiki.

Your frustrations are valid. This is a pain for most people and timed events. The trade off is that the premium character will have a shorter timed task for the token. Rafiki was great for my Simba/Nala ears, but dismal for leafy manes.

After one day (last night really) I managed to collect all the Simba ears. But no where near the same progress on the leafy manes (only 6 before going to bed). I should be able to welcome him today.

First task for Simba is a 2 hour joint task with Nala then you face off with Scar. You can use all 6 lion king characters. They have to beat him 24 times and the tasks are 2 hours each. So if you are using all 6 it will take 8 hours!
I am truly shocked there is only one joint task before the first face off! (Yes I realize there will be one more) The time management on this limited event has been much better than previous!! So far my favorite event!

I've found myself paying attention to smaller details lately, and wanted to share a few fun pictures.
1. A glitch in the matrix
2. Second face paint spotted
3. Third face paint spotted, and now can tell they were going with animal themes!
4. Poor Pumbaa, Nala went back to instincts and was 'hunting' him down...

Attachments

• IMG_0672.JPG
    IMG_0672.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 47
14/10 here for Simba. Drops are fairly hit or miss...I'm getting maybe a 40% return on the flower manes and something like that for the hats. I think I should have everything by EOD, but who knows. Still a week and half in the event, so I'm not terribly worried (yet). :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter