Disney Magic Kingdoms

Just updated and noticed something minor...the trophy collecting mini event changed to a gold coin event! Same time frame though.

Also, I'm currently sitting on close to 600 gems. Debating on buying king Louie or waiting until the attractions go on sale again and grabbing the 5 or so I have left to get...do characters or attractions help more in events and such?

Maximus - 575 gems
Wall-E - 475 gems
Jack Sparrow - 450 gems

500 gems is more than any of us would prefer, but not completely out of line with the way the game has been for a long time. I am actually surprised it's not more than Maximus.
Thanks for the perspective. It's been so long since I've bought a main storyline gem character that I forgot how much they cost. You're right - that's basically in keeping with their price. I guess I will fork over the gems - I've forked over too much money to use even the $9.99 deal.

Also, I'm currently sitting on close to 600 gems. Debating on buying king Louie or waiting until the attractions go on sale again and grabbing the 5 or so I have left to get...do characters or attractions help more in events and such?

I think Characters overall help more ... though comparing 1 character to 5 buildings is tougher

I had been looking forward to the Aladdin event ending so I could get back to my main storyline, but it hasn't been as exciting as I expected... Just before the event ended I welcomed Rapunzel. Since the event ended it seems like I've been in a constant state of welcoming new characters! So far I've welcomed both Flora and Zurg, and am working on tokens for Donald and now Chip. About a day into Donald and I only have 1 hat so far. It doesn't help that Minnie isn't at a high enough level to help (she was put on pause during the event as I needed her for the event). I really want a platinum chest to appear and contain the Mad Tea Party. I really don't want to pay precious gems for something I can get for free out of a chest (if one would just appear!!).

Waiting on one more lantern to welcome rapunzel

So I hadn't gotten Bagheera to level 2 yet. With this update it no longer requires 10 branches, 10 hats to do so. Now it's just a normal amount. Of course I didn't notice this until after I sent him on his new 2 hour task...

Bagheera seems much easier to get now. I'm trying to level him up to level 2 and now he only needs one ear hat and one perch. I believe it was 10 of each before.

Bagheera seems much easier to get now. I'm trying to level him up to level 2 and now he only needs one ear hat and one perch. I believe it was 10 of each before.
And of course I didn't see that hopemax had just posted the same thing 15 minutes ago. Note to self - next time, refresh the page before posting....

I think Characters overall help more ... though comparing 1 character to 5 buildings is tougher
It really is. Louie does help with the jungle book tokens so I may opt for him. But I dont know how the rides will come in to play later in the game. It's a gamble really.

Of course they are. My update only came through a few minutes ago so I haven't had a chance to go into the game yet. But I'm sitting on over 700 gems at this point. Gems are worthless. My ten dollars? That's worth about ten dollars. Hmmm... decisions, decisions...

:rotfl:I feel the same way. I bought with gems I've earned in the game. At this point, I could just buy all the characters I don't have, but I don't see the point in that (there's no challenge in just paying to everything - I'm trying to earn it the hard way I guess). So T-Rex, Boo, Wall-E and Jack will just have to wait. ;)

And while we're at it, why aren't there any "magic" characters instead of "gem" characters? At this point, I have enough magic to welcome all four buzzards, the entire elephant herd, and most of the animators who worked on the film.

YES!!! We could easily buy all the interns, too. :P

It really is. Louie does help with the jungle book tokens so I may opt for him. But I dont know how the rides will come in to play later in the game. It's a gamble really.

yup - and some characters seem to help a lot more with future events than other, always hard to know. And some building help with the "coin" mini events, etc.

I'm excited for the new update, but also welcoming Bagheera is like my own personal hell.

Mine too. I finally just bit the bullet and used gems to get that last token and welcome him immediately. (At lease the completion bonus made the gems less of a dent). I just wanted him welcomed before the new updates.

I got the same $9.99 offer! I was just about to drop 500 gems on King Louie until the offer showed up, and it was too good of a deal to pass up.
I just had a pop up on my game that said there was a pricing error and I should not have been charged $14.99. They apologized and gave me 150 gems. Don't feel so bad now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter