Disney Magic Kingdoms

the gems from the milestone goals are more worth while than concession stand, since magic is far easier to come by.

for the newer or less aggressive players who find their potion stack lighter than they'd like, counter-intuitively, the quickest magic maker is sending characters on briefest tasks you feel like paying attention to. Basically, the game rewards you for more engagement, no matter how mind numbing. for example, i'll choose Jessie. She has:

6 min task with a base 14 magic pay out
1hr task with a base 40 magic payout
4hr task with a base 110 magic payout (with various attractions)
8hr task with a base 200 magic payout

Say you're doing absolutely nothing that requires that much brain power (such as me currently watching the olympics) I could send her on the 1 hour for 40 magic, OR in roughly the same time frame send her on the 6 min 10 times and get 100 more magic. to that same effect, you're working an 8 hour shift you could send the 8 hour task or, if you feel like a few minutes worth of play on your lunch break, send out 2 back to back 4hrs and see a net gain of 20 magic. A side effect of brief tasks is you will increase your chances to collect bonus chests. it's not a right/wrong thing, play in whatever fashion you enjoy most.

So here is my progress so far:

-Last night I finally opened up the first piece of land in Frontierland;now I'm trying to get the stuff to level up Bullseye,all I need now are five of his ear tokens.
-My progress on Fly Free stands at 9,Wish Granter at 74.
-Only 6 daggers left for Gothel with Flynn,Pete and Zurg on 12 hour quests. I did use Rapunzel initially but kept her open for wish granting. Currently at 28,971 potions but can't decide whether to put them towards Gothel or Little Rodentia;probably Little Rodentia as it's the more expensive of the two at 100k.

Characters:

Merlin lvl 2

Mickey lvl 10
Minnie lvl 8
Goofy lvl 10
Daisy lvl 6
Donald lvl 3
Pete lvl 7
Chip lvl 3
Dale lvl 4

Zurg lvl 6
Jessie lvl 10
Woody lvl 10
Buzz lvl 8
Bo Peep lvl 7
Hamm lvl 7
Sarge lvl 6
Rex(my Sapphire Chest reward from Christmas)lvl 6
Bullseye lvl 1
(Should I get the alien or is he worth it?)

Cinderella lvl 8
Charming lvl 10

Tinker Bell lvl 9

Elizabeth lvl 6
Will lvl 6

Mike lvl 7
Sulley lvl 6

Roz lvl 7
Celia lvl 8
Randall lvl 6

EVE lvl 6

Flynn lvl 7
Rapunzel lvl 5

Aurora lvl 4
Philip lvl 4
Flora lvl 7
Fauna lvl 5

Judy lvl 4
Nick lvl 3(it seems I only need one more ear token for him)

Mrs. Incredible lvl 1

Jack Skellington lvl 5

Pumbaa lvl 3

Aladdin lvl 8
Jasmine lvl 7
Abu lvl 7
Genie lvl 6(I really like his animation!)

Alice lvl 3
Mad Hatter lvl 8
March Hare lvl 7
Caterpillar lvl 5

Bashful lvl 5
Doc lvl 7
Sneezy lvl 7(currently being leveled up to 8,which will be done next morning)
Snow White lvl 4
Sleepy lvl 5

By the way..does anyone ever get the urge to hum "In the Hall of the Mountain King" when watching the kiddies skip around the park?

Last edited:
And at the end of the day, the "reward" is just going to produce a small bit of magic every few hours. Hardly worth the climb.
But I *like* concession stands, I like to see my visitors enjoying the goodies they get. Hopefully I will stay in the top 100 and get 20 gems too, but there is still a long way to go...

But I *like* concession stands, I like to see my visitors enjoying the goodies they get. Hopefully I will stay in the top 100 and get 20 gems too, but there is still a long way to go...
Just checked for you. It gives 6 magic. Like literally six.

Just checked for you. It gives 6 magic. Like literally six.

:rotfl: Well played, interns, well played.

I honestly think it's kind of funny that that is the big prize in the competition. Fitting, really. And even more amazing that people are willing to spend money to get those costumes and then stay up all night trying to get this thing. Unbelievable really.

Can anyone tell me if I am missing any characters that can collect bags for the cages? I have Mickey and Woody on 2hr tasks and Chip and Dale on 1 for the bags. Then Jessie, Goofy and Pluto on 1hr tasks for rope. So I am always struggling to get enough bags to match the rope. I can't imagine ever putting Chip and Dale on rope collecting... so far I have managed an average of about 10 cages a day, but that has been playing way more than usual and i am now hoping to get some sleep! Would really like to get to 150, regardless of where I am on the leaderboard. Have never known a challenge to be so tough to get the reward for!
You aren't. Sadly, the interns messed up another thing and made it so you could only collect 1-3 bags per hour, but you can get 3 ropes every single hour so you will always be short on the bags.

And at the end of the day, the "reward" is just going to produce a small bit of magic every few hours. Hardly worth the climb.
Who cares if the reward is paltry magic? If you get satisfaction from seeing something pretty and unique in your park that you worked hard to get, that is reward enough.
Seeing the kids running around and interacting with the concessions is a fun bonus and adds joy to a game that often gets bogged down with slugging through the same tasks over and over for tokens before storing them away once the character becomes useless because the interns can't seem to program very much story into a game filled with storied characters.

I realize spending gems for costumes and concessions is not everyone's cup of tea, but some people find joy in it and enjoy this aspect of the game.

Who cares if the reward is paltry magic? If you get satisfaction from seeing something pretty and unique in your park that you worked hard to get, that is reward enough.
Seeing the kids running around and interacting with the concessions is a fun bonus and adds joy to a game that often gets bogged down with slugging through the same tasks over and over for tokens before storing them away once the character becomes useless because the interns can't seem to program very much story into a game filled with storied characters.

I realize spending gems for costumes and concessions is not everyone's cup of tea, but some people find joy in it and enjoy this aspect of the game.
I like watching the little kiddos too. Just wish they would visit all the attractions and concessions. It seems like they only really go to certain areas and interact with the things in that area in my game. Guess I can't have it all.

Just out of curiosity, for those participating in the mini event, what are the standings on your leaderboard? I'm at 101, second place on mine, but I started on the second day. First place has 132, not sure how that is even possible. I'm hoping to get a premium character at the end of this battle. I still need Maximus, Merryweather ( hope that's the blue one), Boo, and Captain Jack. I really like the sapphire chests, just wish it wasn't such a long event. My guy thinks I'm a little crazy for logging in so much.

I can't get Hook, right? I finally have enough gems to get Hook, but except for Wendy, I have every other character maxed to 10. So as soon as I get Hook, I'll be out of gems & they'll start an event & I won't be able to get the limited-time characters. Or does anyone believe there is any way I'd be able to build the gems back up in time before the next event?

top 5 on my leaderboard goes:

103 gets you in the top 15, list ends at 50 with 79

I can't get Hook, right? I finally have enough gems to get Hook, but except for Wendy, I have every other character maxed to 10. So as soon as I get Hook, I'll be out of gems & they'll start an event & I won't be able to get the limited-time characters. Or does anyone believe there is any way I'd be able to build the gems back up in time before the next event?

I'd play it safe and wait. Hook is permanent content so its not like he'll disappear before you time to gain enough gems back and buy him later.

top 5 on my leaderboard goes:

103 gets you in the top 15, list ends at 50 with 79

Looks like we have the same leaderboard. I'm aiming to be in the top 100 which is where I'm hovering at the moment.

I have 8 of the difficult/legendary tokens for Peter Pan. 8 out of 70 isn’t an awful start but it is very annoying that tokens are legendary.

On a positive note, I got the rose stand. YAY!!!!! I know some don’t but I like the concession stands. I want the lunar one, but I know that won’t happen.

I would very carefully venture a guess that an event would be coming in March some time perhaps and MAYBE by then I’ll be MUCH closer to welcoming Peter Pan. For now, I’ll just keep slowly moving along until I can welcome Peter and get everyone else maxed out.

My top three event wants:

Winnie the Pooh - Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Rabbit, Owl, Eyeore, Kanga, Roo, and maybe a Hephalump?
Song of the South - Briar Rabbit, Briar Fox & Briar Bear.
And at someone’s suggestion, which I totally agree with Robin Hood - Robin Hood, Maid Marion, Little John, the Sherrif of Nottingham, Prince John and Friar Tuck.

The event can take its time though, I really want to get to and stay around 5M magic and I’m very far away from that.

As far as storyline goes, i think they flubbed on Peter Pan by not giving us a villain fight. They'd have been better off making wendy/peter less grindy (phrasing) and put the time sink into tasks to unlock the fight with Hook THEN have to gather tokens to unlock him.

Don't worry. It's been my experience that the limited time characters will always come back at some point. For instance, I initially didn't manage to get Syndrome, but he came back on an Incredibles chest special and I was able to grab him then (the first chest I got had him). I also missed out on Grumpy, but I'm not worried about him either...I'll just wait for the next Snow White opportunity, which I'm guessing will happen soon. Go ahead and get Hook while you can.

the gems from the milestone goals are more worth while than concession stand, since magic is far easier to come by.

for the newer or less aggressive players who find their potion stack lighter than they'd like, counter-intuitively, the quickest magic maker is sending characters on briefest tasks you feel like paying attention to. Basically, the game rewards you for more engagement, no matter how mind numbing. for example, i'll choose Jessie. She has:

6 min task with a base 14 magic pay out
1hr task with a base 40 magic payout
4hr task with a base 110 magic payout (with various attractions)
8hr task with a base 200 magic payout

Say you're doing absolutely nothing that requires that much brain power (such as me currently watching the olympics) I could send her on the 1 hour for 40 magic, OR in roughly the same time frame send her on the 6 min 10 times and get 100 more magic. to that same effect, you're working an 8 hour shift you could send the 8 hour task or, if you feel like a few minutes worth of play on your lunch break, send out 2 back to back 4hrs and see a net gain of 20 magic. A side effect of brief tasks is you will increase your chances to collect bonus chests. it's not a right/wrong thing, play in whatever fashion you enjoy most.

I had a period of six months where I did nothing except collect potions and got as high as 4.5 million of them. Since all these new events, I'm down to about 290K. So can definitely say you're gonna need that magic...if not now,definitely in the future! Leveling up characters is getting a lot more expensive, magic-wise, especially where the pieces are "epic" difficulty or higher.

I have 8 of the difficult/legendary tokens for Peter Pan. 8 out of 70 isn’t an awful start but it is very annoying that tokens are legendary.

On a positive note, I got the rose stand. YAY!!!!! I know some don’t but I like the concession stands. I want the lunar one, but I know that won’t happen.

I would very carefully venture a guess that an event would be coming in March some time perhaps and MAYBE by then I’ll be MUCH closer to welcoming Peter Pan. For now, I’ll just keep slowly moving along until I can welcome Peter and get everyone else maxed out.

My top three event wants:

Winnie the Pooh - Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, Rabbit, Owl, Eyeore, Kanga, Roo, and maybe a Hephalump?
Song of the South - Briar Rabbit, Briar Fox & Briar Bear.
And at someone’s suggestion, which I totally agree with Robin Hood - Robin Hood, Maid Marion, Little John, the Sherrif of Nottingham, Prince John and Friar Tuck.

The event can take its time though, I really want to get to and stay around 5M magic and I’m very far away from that.
I still vote for Winnie the Pooh. That could be such a cute springtime event, if done right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!