Disney Magic Kingdoms

Thanks. You got all the important parts 5 new attractions, 3 new concession stands and NO NEW LAND. It really can't be a huge programming issue to open space already on the game board. What is the interns' problem?
I think they are just slowing down their eventual march towards the end of the game. But again, until we really NEED the space, there's no point in opening it up. We should be able to fit everything in. They must have made it happen on their end, or else they'd know players need the space.

I think they are just slowing down their eventual march towards the end of the game. But again, until we really NEED the space, there's no point in opening it up. We should be able to fit everything in. They must have made it happen on their end, or else they'd know players need the space.

Maybe. But it’s annoying to keep having to shift stuff and worry about it. I would prefer more land at this point.

Maybe. But it’s annoying to keep having to shift stuff and worry about it. I would prefer more land at this point.
And why the hell would they post those photos as part of the live stream? After two years of game play, doesn't anyone else's park seriously look like that with so much space between attractions? Oh, and little torches to dot the area? Of course not. Yes, we could probably just put away a good chunk of our attractions at this point that don't allow visitors, but then we'd be doing the interns' work for them.

I think you're making a leap in assuming the majority of players have been at it since launch, have progressed through the story to end game, have participated in all the events AND collected everything along the way.

This is 1%er territory. (not actual representation of how much of player base is at this point)

I'm assuming Fairy God Mother will be a premium character, and that Cobra Bubbles and Angel are the event premiums. Hopefully there's no Grumpy or Winnie-the-Pooh style character this time around, I hated both of those.

I think you're making a leap in assuming the majority of players have been at it since launch, have progressed through the story to end game, have participated in all the events AND collected everything along the way.

This is 1%er territory. (not actual representation of how much of player base is at this point)
Right, but they're not going to open land for only certain players. And if they haven't progressed far along into the storyline, they don't have as many buildings or attractions. And those are the players who might be hurt the least shelving some of their attractions in lieu of the ones they will need for this storyline. We have ALL been there, regardless of when we started. At some point, we land was tight, and there was a new event with buildings. We've made it work. They will, too.

I'm assuming Fairy God Mother will be a premium character, and that Cobra Bubbles and Angel are the event premiums. Hopefully there's no Grumpy or Winnie-the-Pooh style character this time around, I hated both of those.

What was wrong with Pooh? I thought we all liked how we could collect his tokens earlier in the game. Or were you confusing him with the useless Sorcerer Mickey costume?

Right, but they're not going to open land for only certain players. And if they haven't progressed far along into the storyline, they don't have as many buildings or attractions. And those are the players who might be hurt the least shelving some of their attractions in lieu of the ones they will need for this storyline. We have ALL been there, regardless of when we started. At some point, we land was tight, and there was a new event with buildings. We've made it work. They will, too.

what i'm saying is land crunch is likely an issue effecting a relatively small section of the player base and time devoted to address this issue has been prioritized to things that will bring in more new players and encourage player spending. They already have their hooks in us, they dont feel the need to please us. If endgame players quit, its no great loss to them if they replace them with new ones more likely to generate revenue. See also; event side quests using now legendary characters available through chest purchases. those are completely aimed at newer players as an enticement to spend real money to make up for things that occurred before they started playing.

What was wrong with Pooh? I thought we all liked how we could collect his tokens earlier in the game. Or were you confusing him with the useless Sorcerer Mickey costume?

No I'm fine with Sorcerer Mickey, he was pretty easy. For Pooh, I just thought it was a disappointing way to get the main character of the event. My drops for Pooh were terrible (partially because I didn't spend gems on characters) and I missed him, which I'm fine with because I don't have the attachment to Winnie-the-Pooh others have and wanted to spend my gems/money elsewhere. But if they did that same method with a property I do care about, like if you had to work that hard for Ariel in Little Mermaid or something, I'd probably leave the game behind. It just strikes me as the most cash-grabby they've gotten yet, expecting players (especially new players who haven't had the time to build up their gems) to pay money to get the gems to get the characters to get Pooh bear. I guess that sort of thing would be fine as long as it's not the main/title character. I'm glad so many people liked it and found it interesting, I just thought it was cheap in a very similar way to Grumpy, but not as overt.

what i'm saying is land crunch is likely an issue effecting a relatively small section of the player base and time devoted to address this issue has been prioritized to things that will bring in more new players and encourage player spending. They already have their hooks in us, they dont feel the need to please us. If endgame players quit, its no great loss to them if they replace them with new ones more likely to generate revenue. See also; event side quests using now legendary characters available through chest purchases. those are completely aimed at newer players as an enticement to spend real money to make up for things that occurred before they started playing.
Ca-ching!

Exactly, I want my park to look nice. That is part of the game for me.

Also annoyed by the lack of land being added! Sure, I’m aware I can fit everything in the land already provided, but why should I have to rearrange my park every event just to make room for the newest attractions?

Also the argument that land design is irrelevant in the game so why add it is also silly! Sure the design doesn’t impact you park per day, but many players would like to layout there park the way they want. While I have no problem with the upcoming Lelo and Stich event, to me they are also irrelevant characters since it’s a movie I never watched or have any interest in watching. Why can’t they just do something that will make all players happy?

I agree with you about the land crunch only effecting a relitively small section of players, so what? How much effort would it take them to open a new plot of land? They already spent the time designing and have 6 or 7 slots of land that they haven't made available to players. It shouldn’t take much time or effort for them to open one or two of them.

I agree with you about the land crunch only effecting a relitively small section of players, so what? How much effort would it take them to open a new plot of land? They already spent the time designing and have 6 or 7 slots of land that they haven't made available to players. It shouldn’t take much time or effort for them to open one or two of them.
It's possible (although unlikely knowing Gameloft) that they already have area of the park mapped out and designated for upcoming releases. They've got to have some reason for not giving us land. "My park doesn't look pretty" isn't a good enough reason to open space up. No matter how whiny it may be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter