Disney Magic Kingdoms

Guess it's like buying a shirt at Disney that never in my right mind will I wear back at home.

Which is the exact reason that I would never buy a shirt at WDW. First, I don't wear t-shirts. Second, if I did, I wouldn't wear a Disney one on the weekends anyway. So I simply don't waste my money at the parks on shirts.

But then, I would never sink ten bucks on a game character, either. If I 'm going to spend $10, then I certainly want something tangible to show for it.

Last edited:
Alright, Welcoming Moana opens up the Comfy Costume, and an Event task with Chief Tui for 2 hours. They will do this as soon as both are free.

It also opens two side tasks (yellow). Moana + Sina for 8 hours, and Moana + Tui for 6 hours. But these are yellow, so can be ignored for now.

I think I must have gotten my free Moana tokens in my Windows game and not in IOS, so I only have one token each to level her to 2.

A little hope for everyone on the boat repair task, the comfy costume tokens are dropping ok so far.
I welcomed Moana at 7am, skipping the first couple storyline quests temporarily to see how the comfy costume drops are. I ended up getting a couple of the hats from reward chests from the mini events, but after my first round of collections I'm at 6/20 hats 1/20 glitched fabric (forgot to put the silly dressing room back out) and 1/20 orange fabric.

A little hope for everyone on the boat repair task, the comfy costume tokens are dropping ok so far.
I welcomed Moana at 7am, skipping the first couple storyline quests temporarily to see how the comfy costume drops are. I ended up getting a couple of the hats from reward chests from the mini events, but after my first round of collections I'm at 6/20 hats 1/20 glitched fabric (forgot to put the silly dressing room back out) and 1/20 orange fabric.

Congratulations on getting Moana, I just did a pick up and ended 49/50. So everyone back out again. My drops for this part have not been good and I have not had any conflicts. Just is what it is. Next pick up I can welcome her.

Currently at 33/50 parts for Moana, so barring a no-drop disaster, I’ll be getting her. Since I don’t have the lair, which slowed me down earlier and means I don’t have Pua’s 4 hour part job, I’m actually fairly happy with my drop rate.

Actually glad I don’t have a shot at getting Moana’s comfy outfit. Are the comfy outfits the most incompetent and worthless addition to the game? Seriously, the comfy costumes rarely help with quests and actually have to be changed back to regular costume to collect most items. But hey, at least we get to use previous princesses in comfy costumes to collect for Moana’s, right? Imagine how stupid it would be if they didn’t do that, even the interns aren’t that dumb. :thumbsup2

Currently at 33/50 parts for Moana, so barring a no-drop disaster, I’ll be getting her. Since I don’t have the lair, which slowed me down earlier and means I don’t have Pua’s 4 hour part job, I’m actually fairly happy with my drop rate.

Actually glad I don’t have a shot at getting Moana’s comfy outfit. Are the comfy outfits the most incompetent and worthless addition to the game? Seriously, the comfy costumes rarely help with quests and actually have to be changed back to regular costume to collect most items. But hey, at least we get to use previous princesses in comfy costumes to collect for Moana’s, right? Imagine how stupid it would be if they didn’t do that, even the interns aren’t that dumb. :thumbsup2
Ha. Really hope they are reading the forum this time around. Lots of things could have been done better for this event. They really ticked off a lot of players. But I really hope they see your last message!!!

I finally welcomed Moana while waiting for my flight back home in Orlando yesterday morning. I've Been working on the comfy costume since then. Currently at 7/20 ears hats, 12/20 glitched fabric, and 5/20 comfy Moana fabric. With only 2 days to go I’m not liking my chances.

Yeah, my drops for the Comfy costume have been pretty bad, except for the Glitched Fabric. Only have 6 ear hats, and 4 Comfy fabric. Have 14 glitched fabric.

I am also nervous about having enough time to get Moana in my Windows game. I am only at 28 boat materials. I was planning on buying the float once I got to 50 gems, but now I need the gems to possibly speed up the boat material tasks, if I am down to needing a couple on the last morning. If I am farther behind, I'll just get the float and be really annoyed about Moana.

36/50 boat materials here.... I got 2 of the Moana ear hats from the reward chest so I’ll take that. Hoping I can manage to get Moana tonight/early tomorrow so I can at least work on the costume a little bit.

Tonight might be a little ambitious, but I would say you’ve got a good shot waking up to finished materials.

Currently at 42/50, but don’t have the Lair, so I’m hoping to welcome her tonight. Gonna go out of my way NOT to collect any of Moana’s comfy costume material out of protest. I officially checked out of the game a day or two ago and am logging in far less than usual. btw That’s not just for this event, it’s pretty much how I am at all the events. 26 days is just WAY TO LONG for any event. I’m looking forward to not having to think about any time walls or pushing to finish someone up in time and just logging in a few times a day

Yeah, my drops for the Comfy costume have been pretty bad, except for the Glitched Fabric. Only have 6 ear hats, and 4 Comfy fabric. Have 14 glitched fabric.

I am also nervous about having enough time to get Moana in my Windows game. I am only at 28 boat materials. I was planning on buying the float once I got to 50 gems, but now I need the gems to possibly speed up the boat material tasks, if I am down to needing a couple on the last morning. If I am farther behind, I'll just get the float and be really annoyed about Moana.

Good luck with getting Moana in your Windows game. It does seem like you had much better luck getting her yesterday in your iOS game. Have you been playing much more in the iOS version, or does the Lair make that much of a difference? Of course that assuming you don’t have the Lair in your Windows game.

There’s always a line between making these events a challenge and making them a chore. In their defense, it’s tough to balance and people are gonna very where they fall, but this event felt like more of s chore than usual.

I finally welcomed Moana while waiting for my flight back home in Orlando yesterday morning. I've Been working on the comfy costume since then. Currently at 7/20 ears hats, 12/20 glitched fabric, and 5/20 comfy Moana fabric. With only 2 days to go I’m not liking my chances.

Sounds like we're in about the same place, and we also left Orlando yesterday. Managed to stay pretty much up to date on the event during our vacation, despite only really playing briefly in the mornings and a proper catch-up session in the evenings. :)

Good luck with getting Moana in your Windows game. It does seem like you had much better luck getting her yesterday in your iOS game. Have you been playing much more in the iOS version, or does the Lair make that much of a difference? Of course that assuming you don’t have the Lair in your Windows game.

There’s always a line between making these events a challenge and making them a chore. In their defense, it’s tough to balance and people are gonna very where they fall, but this event felt like more of s chore than usual.

Two reasons why I am behind in Windows. First, I missed the first 3 days of the event because we were in London. And yeah, I also don't have the Lair in Windows. Not enough gems, and the characters were my priority. If it was like an old event, I don't think missing the first 3 days would have been a big deal, but they just jammed so much into this one, with the Kakamora battles, there was not enough time to catch up. But the Lair was the real killer. From being able to do shorter tasks for the spears, to having a 4th option for the boat materials. Finally, yesterday's drop rate was bad. I went 18/18 on boat materials, and then like 5/12 yesterday, and then today I am 6/6. If I get another cold streak, I'm sunk.

These comfy costume drops have been awesome so far. Wondering at what point the Gameloft interns will slow things down for us, with only two days left? Just about halfway there, with another collection coming up in a little over an hour

These comfy costume drops have been awesome so far. Wondering at what point the Gameloft interns will slow things down for us, with only two days left? Just about halfway there, with another collection coming up in a little over an hour
Already slowed down for me--I've been collecting since last night with all the premium characters, etc, and only gotten 2 of the rare fabrics. Oh well

I honestly don’t know how you people do it. I have played every single day since Day One. I have every single Toy Story character and Snow White character (minus the queen and Grumpy). I have both the Grandma and Hei Hei premium characters. I have placed fairly well in all the two day timed events, giving me access to several of the Moana tokens. I have everything but only 5/50 boat repair tokens, and STILL haven’t even gotten to the point where you are supposed to collect them for real! Maui is currently on the 2 hour “Once More, with feeling” quest... ..HOW?!? How can you people already be collecting comfy tokens?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!