Disney Magic Kingdoms

I can confirm that the glitchy fabric does carry over as I started Moana with almost all of them left over from whatever the last comfy costume was that was impossible to get.

Same! I ended up buying the last comfy outfit for Tiana and all the glitchy fabrics I collected, carried over. If they do a comfy event, like I want them to do, I'll be good for a bit of fabric, :) That's like the ONLY upside.

The people on the internets scoured Facebook ads and uncovered that the new Tower Challenge content appears to be Rajah and the Sultan. Last TC had Cri-kee and Mulan Comfy Costume, so I'm guessing "two new things per TC" is the new standard. Even though a lot of people have trouble earning the 1. Bundles for everyone!

According to Reddit it looks like we’re getting the Sultan and Rajah soon. Have no clue if it’s gonna be permanent content, TC, mini event or something else.

Really hoping it’s permanent content with a plot or two of land opening. The two plots of land behind Big Thunder would be ideal since they would fit in perfectly with Aladdin.

Edit: Looks like @hopemax best me to it. :thumbsup2

Last edited:
So appears game loft have heard the complaints and re-released Moana’s comfy outfit for another 24 hours .... cash purchase only! I’m just... Dumbfounded...

Attachments

• 2AB495AA-1AB8-4104-A810-8372A6C8E4D5.jpeg
    2AB495AA-1AB8-4104-A810-8372A6C8E4D5.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 17
So appears game loft have heard the complaints and re-released Moana’s comfy outfit for another 24 hours .... cash purchase only! I’m just... Dumbfounded...

Think they’ve done this in the past, but really make you think the increased the difficulty of this event in hopes people who were discouraged for not getting it will pay up. Sure won’t happen with me. I’m actually taking my lack of Moana’s comfy costume as a badge of honor.

Also, who am I kidding those idiots won’t open a new plot of land, or two, even if that land would fit in perfectly with the content. Guess I’ll wait and see, but my interest in this game is falling every day.

*** RANT BEGINS***

OK, serious question, have they ever had a worse group of item collections for a movie than they’ve done for Moana?
Requiring a total of 435 of the main item to level each character to 10 was bad enough, but they had to make it MUCH worse. In the past we had 7 one hour jobs, now they’ve changed that to 4, or 5 if you have the Lair and then a 2 hour and a 4 hour job. On top of that, I believe 2 of the 1 hour jobs and the 4 hour jobs collects multiple items. The creates a problem because flowers are common, makes most of the other items nearly impossible to collect if they are not common. Same goes for attractions. At first I though it was good multiples collect flowers, but then realized it means flowers will take away the chances of getting the other items. Is this something any of us were asking for?

Also questioning if buying premium characters makes much sense anymore because it feels like they've made them less helpful in events and difficult to level. Take Grandma Tala as an example. Her rare Ear hats currently only have a 4 hour an 8 and 8 hour boat attraction. Later on they have a 12 an 24 hour option, BUT they require character to be at level 8/9 and require 2 characters to collect. On top of that, the 4 hour job is the one that collects flowers, so it will likely NEVER drop her ear hats. Hei Hei seems to be considerably easier to collect for.

Sorry if I’m over reacting or complaining to much, but I seriously have no idea what they’re trying to do. As is, they’ve easily added a month or two time required to finish collecting for Moana. Contrary to what it may look like, I do want to continue playing, but I also want it to log in fewer times in a day and reduce my playing time. Everything they are doing is requiring the opposite.

*** RANT ENDS***

It's strange. While there have been a few people who have admitted to buying stuff, it seems to be attached to more shame, and it doesn't seem like it is leading to increasing buying. Most people seem to be saying they used to buy, but no more. And more people are threatening to quit. I don't know what the end game is. Unless a lot of non-Reddit/Facebook/forum people are just racking up the bills buying every bundle.

It's strange. While there have been a few people who have admitted to buying stuff, it seems to be attached to more shame, and it doesn't seem like it is leading to increasing buying. Most people seem to be saying they used to buy, but no more. And more people are threatening to quit. I don't know what the end game is. Unless a lot of non-Reddit/Facebook/forum people are just racking up the bills buying every bundle.

Very true, I’ve seen the same. Ultimately the end game is for GameLoft to make money and in many cases they are willing to throw away the quantity they know (active players) for new players for a “better possible” of making money from. I’ve played to many games that do exactly this when they’ve been around awhile.

Thats the reason that, contrary to what active players want, they are more likely to increase the number of events instead of decreasing them. An event gives them the possibility of bringing in money that they otherwise wouldn’t have and if it costs them active players, so be it.

Think about it, we have most if not all the characters/attractions, so we are unlikely to buy those special bundles or chests from the past because we have them all. A newer player is much more likely to buy those chest, especially if it’s their favorite character. It’s incredibly annoying as a long time player, but I understand it from there perspective.

They also extended the opportunity to purchase Moana herself. I had more than three days to decide whether I wanted to buy her as I already knew then it was mathematically impossible to get all her tokens. Somehow I don't think this is the extension people were hoping for.

The people on the internets scoured Facebook ads and uncovered that the new Tower Challenge content appears to be Rajah and the Sultan. Last TC had Cri-kee and Mulan Comfy Costume, so I'm guessing "two new things per TC" is the new standard. Even though a lot of people have trouble earning the 1. Bundles for everyone!

I figured it’d be Aladdin since the movie is coming out. Have to have rajah and the sultan added to my set. At least rajah for sure.

Oh, and to add, someone on Facebook did the math regarding Moana's boat repair tokens. It was mathematically impossible to get everything in the time allowed unless you bought at least one of the premium characters or items. That's just not right.

That's why I uninstalled the game Monday morning. I work from home, can play the game as much as I want, and getting Moana was still hopeless - even with Gramma Tala. I'm no longer interested in playing a game that requires me to continually spend money on welcoming their most popular characters. Hoping the new "Disney's Sorcerer's Arena" will come out soon and be a fun enough replacement.

Live stream tomorrow. Do they usually do live-streams for tower events? I can’t remember, I tend to block out anything related to tower challenges.
I don't think they did a live stream for the last one, but wouldn't be surprised. I bet they'll use it to tease 2 characters, and to mention some sort of new functionality in the game. Maybe bring back the social aspect.

Live stream tomorrow. Do they usually do live-streams for tower events? I can’t remember, I tend to block out anything related to tower challenges.

Looking at a lot of the responses across all social media, people seem annoyed that this is happening. I wonder how many people will quit the game fully?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!