Disney Magic Kingdoms

I was about to swear off the bot event until I saw the Animation Academy as the top prize. Unfortunately, I'm so far behind the rest of my leaderboard I still don't think I'm going to bother. Playing almost every two hours during the Tower Challenge wore me out (and I was on vacation from work during most of that time). There's no way I'm doing it now to collect the stuff for the bots.
I'm happy to have the Animation Academy from the last time it was available, so I don't have to do this dumb bot event at all. There is no way I'm going to spend five straight days trying to collect a bunch of tokens to battle the robots. No thank you, Gameloft. Sitting this one out.

I'm happy to have the Animation Academy from the last time it was available, so I don't have to do this dumb bot event at all. There is no way I'm going to spend five straight days trying to collect a bunch of tokens to battle the robots. No thank you, Gameloft. Sitting this one out.
Lucky!!! I'll endure the struggle for you. In the top 10 far. Hopefully this time I'll get it.

Also, something I forgot to mention in my previous post, with 2 unnecessary mini events currently going on why do they have multiple characters that overlapping items making it tougher to compete in both events? Seriously the game has close to 175 characters yet they still have to overlap characters and mini events?

Also, for some unknown reason they decided to drastically reduce the number of characters/attractions that collect trophies. If they’re gonna make changes like that shouldn’t they at least let us know why they’re making the changes? At first I made the mistakes of giving them the benefit of the doubt and though they maybe removed premium content characters/attractions to help out then newer players, but quickly realized that wasn’t the case.

At this point I’m just eagerly awaiting update 31 to see what kind of 🤬 show they give us. I’m willing to admit that they will likely give us some nice changes but those changes will likely be overshadowed by some ridiculously bad decisions.:confused3
Don't kill me...but I'm ok with the interns reducing the amount of gold trophies that we could collect. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the gold trophy event because it was so easy to do well and win the top prizes. But...our advantages from playing from the beginning really made it unfair for the newer players. I feel like a lot of players would give up because there was no way they could ever catch up to us. This feels a little more balanced, even though I'll have to work a little harder to win. But...I agree 100% about using the same charaters for mini events. There are enough characters to not have to overlap them. That serves no purpose other than making it more difficult overall.

Don't kill me...but I'm ok with the interns reducing the amount of gold trophies that we could collect. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the gold trophy event because it was so easy to do well and win the top prizes. But...our advantages from playing from the beginning really made it unfair for the newer players. I feel like a lot of players would give up because there was no way they could ever catch up to us. This feels a little more balanced, even though I'll have to work a little harder to win. But...I agree 100% about using the same charaters for mini events. There are enough characters to not have to overlap them. That serves no purpose other than making it more difficult overall.

HOW DARE YOU!!!

Seriously though, I don’t have an issue with them changing it, but some type of explanation of the changes would be nice. If they have a legitimate reason, say make it easier for newer players, that would be fine, but it doesn’t appear to be the case. Case in point some of the attractions they still use old premium (gem) attractions. Also, just a little annoyed because long ago I grouped (almost) all my trophy attractions grouped together. Guess that means I can rearrange my park now! Actually I go on a week long family fishing trip in 2 weeks, so I might as well wait and let my niece redesign my entire park for me. :thumbsup2

Speaking of which, anyone know a good way to let someone else take over and “have my game/park”? If I eventually quit the game, I wouldn’t mind “giving it” to my niece. I’m on iOS and use Game Center” to link between multiple devices. Wondering if I could log into my account on her iPad, download and load my up to date version of the park, and log out of my iTunes account so she doesn’t have access to it?

Lucky!!! I'll endure the struggle for you. In the top 10 far. Hopefully this time I'll get it.
I have three bots, which is how long it took me to realize that I have zero interest in competing for gems, magic, and a platinum chest. I'm currently at 932 and look forward to be slipping much further down over the next few days.

Speaking of which, anyone know a good way to let someone else take over and “have my game/park”? If I eventually quit the game, I wouldn’t mind “giving it” to my niece. I’m on iOS and use Game Center” to link between multiple devices. Wondering if I could log into my account on her iPad, download and load my up to date version of the park, and log out of my iTunes account so she doesn’t have access to it?
I'm not saying it's a definite, but I would imagine so. Can't see it being any different from upgrading a phone and moving your game to the new device. Or will you have to log in under your account initially to move the full data over, then log out and have her log in? Wonderful. Now my brain hurts. Thanks.

HOW DARE YOU!!!

Seriously though, I don’t have an issue with them changing it, but some type of explanation of the changes would be nice. If they have a legitimate reason, say make it easier for newer players, that would be fine, but it doesn’t appear to be the case.

I sort of think the gold trophy things isn't a permanent change. It's just more a "focus on this Toy Story 4 stuff." If you look who drops stuff, it's Toy Story Characters, plus Mickey & Goofy (starters, who seem to do everything.) and Pluto (probably the first premium anyone got). There are 4 attractions, two of which are Toy Story ones. Goofy's House (which could be a 'starter content' thing). The Jumpin Jellyfish and Enchanted Tiki Room are odd choices, but maybe the Jellyfish is included because DCA is turned into a Pixar park and it's similar type of ride as the Green Army Parachute. I have no idea why they picked Tiki Room.

Without knowing how Update 31 will affect anything, I would assume whenever we have a normal Trophy mini event, everyone we are used to collecting the would be available. Or this is the start of shorter, more themed events, where who can collect is dependent on the theme of the prize.

But yes, it would be nice if they told us, heck, anything! All this back to back mini, mini-events is not helping with player burnout. Update 31 better be good, or I think everyone will just throw up their hands and delete the game. It's like everyone at GL looked at "Lucy, Charlie Brown and the football," and said, "Look at Lucy, she clearly knows how to win hearts and minds! Let's do that."

I sort of think the gold trophy things isn't a permanent change. It's just more a "focus on this Toy Story 4 stuff." If you look who drops stuff, it's Toy Story Characters, plus Mickey & Goofy (starters, who seem to do everything.) and Pluto (probably the first premium anyone got). There are 4 attractions, two of which are Toy Story ones. Goofy's House (which could be a 'starter content' thing). The Jumpin Jellyfish and Enchanted Tiki Room are odd choices, but maybe the Jellyfish is included because DCA is turned into a Pixar park and it's similar type of ride as the Green Army Parachute. I have no idea why they picked Tiki Room.

Without knowing how Update 31 will affect anything, I would assume whenever we have a normal Trophy mini event, everyone we are used to collecting the would be available. Or this is the start of shorter, more themed events, where who can collect is dependent on the theme of the prize.

But yes, it would be nice if they told us, heck, anything! All this back to back mini, mini-events is not helping with player burnout. Update 31 better be good, or I think everyone will just throw up their hands and delete the game. It's like everyone at GL looked at "Lucy, Charlie Brown and the football," and said, "Look at Lucy, she clearly knows how to win hearts and minds! Let's do that."
Remember that this is the summer session, so the interns assigned to the game from May until August are summer stock, and therefore probably not the best or most creative group into whose hands the game could have landed. Hence the fact that we're facing the slow burn of collecting a fabric here and there for the next few weeks until Toy Story 4 is finally released. Rather than develop meaningful, fun, engaging content, it's better to piecemeal the costume fabric across a month.

As for their choice of buildings, I think you're giving them too much credit to think that any real thought went into this. These are buildings that always gave trophies, only we're missing a bunch. If I didn't know any better, I'd say they had a list pinned to a wall somewhere, and they quite literally circled six random names.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why the Bott event has to be so hard!! I only want the attraction. I even waited a couple days to start so I could concentrate on it and my rank was in the 700s!!! Impossible to get again. 😢
I feel you on this one. I missed the Academy the first time around, so I'm really trying to get it this time...white whale syndrome. I'm actually checking in every couple hours this time, which is tough for me since I get distracted really easy by real life. Especially since E3 is going on! Hopefully people will drop off from fatigue and you can make a jump up the board. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I don’t understand why the Bott event has to be so hard!! I only want the attraction. I even waited a couple days to start so I could concentrate on it and my rank was in the 700s!!! Impossible to get again. 😢

FYI - there were complaints on Reddit for the last mini-event that the "wait until the end" strategy no longer seems to work. Late starters were being added to existing leaderboards, not grouped with other late starters.

I have not so far been bothered by the mini events. They are not hard and I am collecting things and not worrying whether or not I win. What ever I get is fine. Just don’t stress and play casually.

Hooray. A golden trophy event followed immediately by...wait for it....another golden trophy event. Creative little interns.
Walt didn't want to follow pigs with pigs. But apparently immediately following trophies with trophies is a-ok. As far as I can tell, they didn't even bother recruiting interns for the summer and decided to simply put the game on auto-pilot until the fall semester. Lazy, Gameloft. Just as friggin' lazy as you can be.

Walt didn't want to follow pigs with pigs. But apparently immediately following trophies with trophies is a-ok. As far as I can tell, they didn't even bother recruiting interns for the summer and decided to simply put the game on auto-pilot until the fall semester. Lazy, Gameloft. Just as friggin' lazy as you can be.
You aren't wrong. The Toy Story content was preloaded. The events just recycle themselves. They are good until after the July 4th Holiday when they return from company retreat to Monaco.

I have not so far been bothered by the mini events. They are not hard and I am collecting things and not worrying whether or not I win. What ever I get is fine. Just don’t stress and play casually.
That's what I'm doing, I'm playing how I want to play and I'm actually enjoying the game by logging in whenever I feel like it.

Might be a hot take, but I actually don't mind mini events going on - and at least a bit of a different way to earn fabric ... basically anything that doesn't require gems I am ok with

Also don't have the Animation Academy so glad for another chance to get one

on a separate note - I finally got Steamboat Willie!!! Though of course I already have to choose which mini-event to have Mickey participate in so can't have him go out on his task related to Steamboat Willie

I feel you on this one. I missed the Academy the first time around, so I'm really trying to get it this time...white whale syndrome. I'm actually checking in every couple hours this time, which is tough for me since I get distracted really easy by real life. Especially since E3 is going on! Hopefully people will drop off from fatigue and you can make a jump up the board. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Thank you for the encouragement but I gave up. I got up into the 100s but it would have been impossible to get to the top 10. There was nothing else in that group I needed so I’ll go back to collecting fabric. The drop rates on visors weren’t enough. Even the bots became impossible to find and I work for a living. I don’t even think that attraction can be bought from a chest. Maybe someday.

FYI - there were complaints on Reddit for the last mini-event that the "wait until the end" strategy no longer seems to work. Late starters were being added to existing leaderboards, not grouped with other late starters.
Ok well, that strategy worked for me. I hardly ever missed out on an easy board. How is this easier?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!