Disney Magic Kingdoms

Does anyone know the spawn time for the butterflies? It seemed it was first 8 hours so I set an alarm for that but when I went to collect some things, they were back after 4 it seems, I just started playing about a week ago and already spent about $40 for the hero 6 chests and then another $40 for Alice in wonderland ones and still have a character left to try to get, that’s not counting money spent on gems and other packs so not even near to having fabric to do bo peeps costume, and would prefer not to have to pay more if given the chance later to get the rest, trying to get as much as I can for free and trying to let my 4 year old catch up on as much as she can on here, if anyone knows about butterfly spawn time or has tips on catching up a bit without spending a fortune, it would be so greatly appreciated, thanks and have a great day and/or night :)

Does anyone know the spawn time for the butterflies? It seemed it was first 8 hours so I set an alarm for that but when I went to collect some things, they were back after 4 it seems, I just started playing about a week ago and already spent about $40 for the hero 6 chests and then another $40 for Alice in wonderland ones and still have a character left to try to get, that’s not counting money spent on gems and other packs so not even near to having fabric to do bo peeps costume, and would prefer not to have to pay more if given the chance later to get the rest, trying to get as much as I can for free and trying to let my 4 year old catch up on as much as she can on here, if anyone knows about butterfly spawn time or has tips on catching up a bit without spending a fortune, it would be so greatly appreciated, thanks and have a great day and/or night :)

10 every 4 hours. A good way to time it, if your not setting timers is to tie it in with your 4 hour Merlin Gathering Spell (If yours is available yet). That way if you do both at the same time you have a countdown clock (Merlin) that lets you know how long until the next spawn.

As far as spending money goes, that’s up to you. Since your such a new player I would suggest really reducing what your spending for now because your just gonna run into time walls and magic issues. The game has close to 200 characters, so I’d limit spending only on your favorites. As someone who started from the beginning, I use to spend a little during each event, but due to issue I have with greedy decisions they’ve made refuse to give them another cent. That’s my decision though, everyone has the right to do whatever they want and don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.

We do have some permanent TS4 content coming in a little over 3 days and hopefully you’ve progressed enough that you’ll be able to start right away, but if not just keep plugging along. They also have an update 31 coming out soon and they’ve been saying it has “exciting changes/improvements coming”. A number of players, myself including, are waiting to find out what it is and deciding if we want to continue playing.

The game basically has 2 types of events that rotate back and forth. A movie based event, usually consisting of 7 characters and multiple attractions and usually last around 25 days. The other is a Tower Challange that usually last 15 days. You collect event currency (EC) and they have items you can buy, usually the return of a few characters/attraction, from or movie and usually a new character and/or a second premium character. Since your a new player and we don’t know what characters/attractions are tied into future events, you might not be able to get as far with some of the events.

If you do a google search for Disney Magic Kingdoms Wiki ( not sure about the DIS boards external sites linking policy), you’ll find a great resource that will give you any info you want about any character/attraction. Also great to let you see what you can expect with your progress and a history of when characters were released in the game.

Anyways, hope that helps and enjoy the game. Feel free to ask any questions and there are more than a few players who know a lot more about the game than me. Also, a word of advice, play at your pace and don’t let the game control what you do. Don’t let it become a grinding chore.

Seeing how we traded trophies for bread, it's time for a character update.

Let's see where the characters are at:

Dumbo - collecting for 9
Not Mickey the Mouse mouse - ready for 10
The tiger that isn't tigger or apparently afraid of man's red fire - collecting for 4
Sina - Collecting for 9
Moana ready for 7
Maui ready for 7
HeiHei ready for 7
Tui ready for 9
Zombie grandma - collecting for 7
Pua leveling to 7
* Note not enough flowers to level all available characters for Moana.

Finally finished the Frog Price character leveling.
I just finished the Dumbo set, so YAY!
Then it’s:
Sina ready for 9
Moana ready for 8
Maui ready for 7
Hei Hei leveling to 5
Tui working on 9
Tala working on 8
Pua working on 9
Rajah working on 4

Quite bored right now, but sorta looking forward to new TS4 and curious about update 31 still... so we shall see

Am I the only one who sighed and thought bless your heart?

And please it’s not meant to be offensive, just buckle in for the long haul. Truthfully, there is no ‘catching up’ for you at this point. Nothing but time, and a lot more money if you continue to gamble on chests. There have been 16 premium character set events so far, and you’ve spent $80 to collect just 2, so I’ll let you do the math.

If you are only playing for your 4-year-old, I recommend just letting them play the main storyline on their own. Or find another game... I’m negative because I’m one the long time players who’s burnt on their greedy moves. And the events are super stressful, not something I’d recommend for a 4yo nor their parent

I was just about to reply and kept scrolling down to the end of the new posts to do so and then saw your post @KPach525. Not trying to single you out here @Saati51 but you're a perfect example for my post.

This right here, folks, is exactly what we've been saying all along... Gameloft has generated a cash cow for themselves when new players discover this game three years in. Playing from three months in has allowed me to not drop a dime on these idiots. I don't buy gems and I don't buy magic. Yes, there were times when it seemed impossible to gather enough to get a character or a patch of land. Now I'm sitting at 32,000,000 magic and will never have enough going on to spend even close to half of it. Now new players find a Disney game and decide to install it. Only to discover that half of the characters are grayed out with "This limited time content is not available", and never will be without buying che$t$. They throw one our way as a calendar reward, which only whets a new player's appetite to try and win a character. Next thing they know, they're dropping nearly $100 on trying to get a character or two or three, but instead winning a dumb concession stand. That "in-app purchases" disclaimer should be front and center. I suppose a player could stick to story-line content, but now I'm wondering (sorry, I just don't pay attention to this nonsense) if event characters also drop tokens for storyline characters?

I suppose a player could stick to story-line content, but now I'm wondering (sorry, I just don't pay attention to this nonsense) if event characters also drop tokens for storyline characters?

I would be wary of this as well. The story line is really in shambles at this point. Mickey and Friends were the original defeat the dark evil plot line, and then they added a few others, like toy story etc. The conversation bubbles and tasks were appropriate for the task at hand. It morphed over time to new permanent content that exists in their own little world. They finally brought back the maleficent story line in the tower challenges, but there isn't any real progress or anything new. At this point, we are literally waiting to run out of land to expand to at which time the curse should be vanquished.

I would be wary of this as well. The story line is really in shambles at this point. Mickey and Friends were the original defeat the dark evil plot line, and then they added a few others, like toy story etc. The conversation bubbles and tasks were appropriate for the task at hand. It morphed over time to new permanent content that exists in their own little world. They finally brought back the maleficent story line in the tower challenges, but there isn't any real progress or anything new. At this point, we are literally waiting to run out of land to expand to at which time the curse should be vanquished.
Clarification guys:
I said a 4-year-old could stick to the main storyline...

It's a shambles NOW, but for new players, it's pretty much the only way to go straight through the game. One opens another, which opens the next. It might get a bit convoluted, but at least it's a path to follow that shouldn't end up costing them any money. Now, once they decide they want a gem character but they only have 40 gems, that's where it'll get dicey. But otherwise, perhaps the baseline of the game could still be played for free. Maybe.

I was doing so good today, didn’t have to spend any money since my 4 year old said she didn’t want the scary nightmare before Christmas set and had been leveling characters for her like crazy so I had 130+ free gems, she wanted to use my phone to to watch YouTube videos so she said, came back to her on the game, and 4 damn gems because she used them to open every treasure chest she had immediately, I immediately changed the password and she’s so grounded from my phone unless I’m next to her, that was over $5 in gems I was trying to save for things needed on the game after spending over $100 on this dang thing in like a week to 10 days and she wanted the pretty girl (Alice) so I kept buying the legendary chests for her until she got it, normally I wouldn’t have given in so much, but dads been in icu for 4 weeks on Tuesday and we’re having to pray that he makes it at this point, also, she was in icu for her birthday last year so dad told her she got an extended birthday this year, I told her that her birthday doesn’t mean end until daddy comes home so even if I’m going a little short on money, denying her with everything she’s going through is a little difficult atm

After Bo Peep gets her new costume, she has a 4 hour side quest to search for lost toys.
Thx. I'll have earned the costume in the morning with 1 extra fabric to spare. Wish we could "gift" other players with extra items. Pretty sure I'll never use that extra Bo Peep fabric. Hope she is useful in the upcoming TS characters. (She better be for all the time I've put in the last few days to earn all the fabric available for each mini event!!!)

I was doing so good today, didn’t have to spend any money since my 4 year old said she didn’t want the scary nightmare before Christmas set and had been leveling characters for her like crazy so I had 130+ free gems, she wanted to use my phone to to watch YouTube videos so she said, came back to her on the game, and 4 damn gems because she used them to open every treasure chest she had immediately, I immediately changed the password and she’s so grounded from my phone unless I’m next to her, that was over $5 in gems I was trying to save for things needed on the game after spending over $100 on this dang thing in like a week to 10 days and she wanted the pretty girl (Alice) so I kept buying the legendary chests for her until she got it, normally I wouldn’t have given in so much, but dads been in icu for 4 weeks on Tuesday and we’re having to pray that he makes it at this point, also, she was in icu for her birthday last year so dad told her she got an extended birthday this year, I told her that her birthday doesn’t mean end until daddy comes home so even if I’m going a little short on money, denying her with everything she’s going through is a little difficult atm

If it her game it’s her gems. I played for my grandkids and they did the same thing all the time. I learned to let them spend what’s earned the way they want and not to be mad. Lol it just the way it is! Love them and play your own game. I played mine and helped them with theirs.

Seems that the last word in your post is appropriate in two ways, huh?

Here's hoping your husband pulls through in short time and in solid health!

Thx. I'll have earned the costume in the morning with 1 extra fabric to spare. Wish we could "gift" other players with extra items. Pretty sure I'll never use that extra Bo Peep fabric. Hope she is useful in the upcoming TS characters. (She better be for all the time I've put in the last few days to earn all the fabric available for each mini event!!!)

Congrats! I’m trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong with fabric. The only way to collect the Blue Scallop Fabric is thru this continuously endless parade of mini events, right? I’m currently only at 19/30 and while I’ve been playing far more casually than usual, I’ve gotten EVERY progression reward and believe I’ve recieved atleast 1 piece of fabric from placement rewards. Also, the only way to get Purple Fabric is thru Merlin, correct?

2 hours into the trophy event and the top spot has 130...you do you buddy. You want to waste gems to speed things up in order to get pointless fabric, have at it! 😂

Or they speed up there devices clock? My leader has 142 :rotfl:No worriers, they should be removed from your leaders list.

2 hours into the trophy event and the top spot has 130...you do you buddy. You want to waste gems to speed things up in order to get pointless fabric, have at it! 😂

My board is similar with the top two positions about 130 plus and nobody else close it’s crazy.

Congrats! I’m trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong with fabric. The only way to collect the Blue Scallop Fabric is thru this continuously endless parade of mini events, right? I’m currently only at 19/30 and while I’ve been playing far more casually than usual, I’ve gotten EVERY progression reward and believe I’ve recieved atleast 1 piece of fabric from placement rewards. Also, the only way to get Purple Fabric is thru Merlin, correct?
Correct. I think people must have fabric left over from past events because I have hit every single milestone and have come in the top group for every mini event, and am still one fabric short of the costume. So that means we've had a chance to win 29?? Not a surprise when the costume requires 30. As for the purple fabric, yes, it's all from Merlin. Which at this point, what difference does it make? There aren't any new attractions to pick up and elixir just keeps accumulating. Until they stop putting attractions solely into platinum chests, at least we have a place to help blow through some of our otherwise useless elixir.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter