Disney Magic Kingdoms

I really don't care for this event. Very poor decision with the recent events going on, barely anyone can even see the new movie haha
It is now available for digital download, and will be on Disney+ on April 3rd. So I think more of us will end up watching the movie, than they otherwise might have. I know I will.

Yep, was also surprised they decided to release them this early, especially the Disney + part, but GOOD FOR THEM!!! They could have easily gone the $20 to rent model that a few other current in theaters movies went. I will definitely be watching it when it comes out on Disney+

Exactly. Pointless tie-in for a film no one is going to waste time viewing.

In there defense they had planned and scheduled the event long before the Corona Virus was a big issue. Also, while I don’t think it was ever going to be a big hit for them, they definitely would have had opened more then there $40M opening weekend. The game is a promotional tool for them so it was always going to have it’s on separate event and it’s pretty silly to no one was going to “waste there time“ viewing it.

In there defense they had planned and scheduled the event long before the Corona Virus was a big issue. Also, while I don’t think it was ever going to be a big hit for them, they definitely would have had opened more then there $40M opening weekend. The game is a promotional tool for them so it was always going to have it’s on separate event and it’s pretty silly to no one was going to “waste there time“ viewing it.
No, it's obviously not their fault.Just a matter of all the time and effort that went into an event for so little payoff.

No, it's obviously not their fault.Just a matter of all the time and effort that went into an event for so little payoff.

Yeah, I do agree tht most of the mini events have little payoffs and in general I have little or no interest in the Onward characters. I’m just playing enough to ensure that I get all of the characters and not much beyond that. Ever since I finished my Star Wars characters my interest in the game has dropped, but I don’t find that to be a bad thing.

that requires enchanting lady & the tramp’s house to level 1.

Does it seem like they’ve been more stingy with Onward enhancements tokens this event?

Had zero interest in this movie before, but the more I play this event, the more I like the characters... and I kinda want to watch the movie now, haha... So this movie/event tie-in IS working its magic, at least on me...

Last edited:
Double post... sorry...
ok, let me think of something else to say...
emmm....

Progress:
All Star Wars characters are at 10 except Kylo Ren, who is at 9...

Down to my last unicorn mini-task, gonna roll the dice on farming the lid & broom tokens in case they do this again in a later phase. And yes, the drops in Onward relics have been bad, even by the normal standards.

Down to my last unicorn mini-task, gonna roll the dice on farming the lid & broom tokens in case they do this again in a later phase. And yes, the drops in Onward relics have been bad, even by the normal standards.
You probably are smart. I suspect they'll pop up again in the final act.
* edit. I just got a guest to clear 8 more. those brooms are terrible drops.

Last edited:
I found since there are more and shorter task for the lids maxing them out before collecting the shared task (I wanna say that was colt/barley’s and laurel’s that has multiple drops) it was a lot easier. Almost invariably, this game will always payout the less rare item if it has the option.

Finished the eight whatever the hell they are, got the prompt to welcome the lion guy and to collect the other 19 cards. Still two days until the next characters are released. Sorry little lion man.

Had anyone else been collecting the guide book token for that locked character in the red shirt (that’s next to Laurel)? I’m not sure when it happened, but for a couple of days I’ve had an activity for Laurel that drops that token. Seems unusual for this type of event, especially since no tasks are shown when I click on the item... it just says “complete event tasks to start unlocking this character”.

I have laurel on the books while the others work on the card decks. With 30 to get, if it’s just her, this will be a while.

Yeah, that’d be a grind. I’m just surprised that we can collect, when it doesn’t show any tasks in the character book. Seems weird, but I guess that shouldn’t be surprising at this point, lol.

I have finally started Welcoming Lady in my Windows game *drops head on keyboard* Getting the last 3 ear hats was awful. I have also finally finished with Coco.

In IOS, I am at the time wall. In Windows, I still need 2 more unicorns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!