Disney Magic Kingdoms

Whether it’s a 75 character or a 100 character limit, I wonder what happened in the game that made land so resources intensive? Or would these be changes they would have to make even if they weren’t giving us more land?

For anyone who started playing the game in the last year or two a little game history that might explain some of the OG players annoyance with the lack of land. It was around July 2017 when they added the Big Thunder expansion area with it’s 9 plots of land. To date, they have only opened 3 of them. It also looks like we’re approaching the 2 year anniversary of the other large land expansion to the right of the BTMRR area and left of Small World. I believe that was 9 plots of land and to date they’ve only opened 4. When they added those expansions, they promised us that they would be opening land on a regular schedule and as you can see that haven’t been the case.

So what happened? It resources were such a concern, it never made sense for them to add all those land expansions 2-3 years ago. Did they plan to the cut support to older devices a couple years ago and decided again it, or were told they couldn’t? Did they change the entire focus of the game at some point? Ultimately I know it doesn’t matter what their reasoning was, but I’d really find it interesting to know what happened.
I think what happened is the interns realized that land is ultimately a 1 time purchase. If a player is desperate to open up the 2M or 3M slots, they'll buy the magic for it. a 1 time magic purchase for 1 parcel. $

Characters, on the other hand, have multiple purchase opportunities. There's the welcome purchase, which can be even more lucrative if the player is gambling on a loot crate, and all of the token/bundle purchases. $$$$$$

I'm an off/on mid-level player. I'll play for awhile. Level up some characters and then drop out for a bit. Consequently, I have a large list of characters/sets to finish and only 2M in magic. I don't mind that. I decided a long time ago to only level up the characters that I like. My orphan characters (only 1 in a set), movies that I haven't seen/didn't like (NBC/WIR), or the token drops are too big of a PITA (Shere Khan) will languish in lower level obscurity until I delete my account.

Yes, the 75 character limit will be detrimental unless the interns improve the drop rates. My Rajah, Lady, and Meeko drops are horrible. I happen to like those characters enough to fight for them...for now.

Note: on my IPhone I am now getting ads again for the Ad chest and gems.

Mine is also working again. Like I said earlier, I usually wait a day or two after an update before I get to concerned that something isn’t working. Luckily, it looks like they fixed the issue.

Got a question for you, or anyone who’s updated. Have you had any character happiness requests from characters who you sent home? My requests in general seem down, but every character request I’ve had are for characters I have out collecting items on 4/8/12 hour jobs. Had 4 characters asking at one point and I had to spend elixir onhappiness safeguard.

EDIT: Looks like they came out with another update for iOS this morning. I’m downloading it now, but my ads were working on yesterday download.

Last edited:
Mine is also working again. Like I said earlier, I usually wait a day or two after an update before I get to concerned that something isn’t working. Luckily, it looks like they fixed the issue.

Got a question for you, or anyone who’s updated. Have you had any character happiness requests from characters who you sent home? My requests in general seem down, but every character request I’ve had are for characters I have out collecting items on 4/8/12 hour jobs. Had 4 characters asking at one point and I had to spend elixir onhappiness safeguard.

EDIT: Looks like they came out with another update for iOS this morning. I’m downloading it now, but my ads were working on yesterday download.

I have had requests for characters the were home. Mad Hatter was one and Kanga/Roo was the other.

Mine was also working on yesterday’s update. I updated after I saw your remark that a new one existed.

Got the update. I had fewer than 75 characters out anyway, but the game as a whole seems to be running better for me today. Not sure what else they tweaked behind the scenes, but I almost never get the ads to run without crashing a couple of times and today I got both gems on the first shot. Not sure what impact the event starting tomorrow will be.

I currently have 42 characters out in the kingdom, which will most likely change once the event starts tomorrow. Quick check of my characters:

Kuzco - 7 (need 8 hats)
Pacha - leveling to 8
Kronk - 8
Yzma - 5 (2 potions and 2 hats away from 6)
Owl - 9
Gord - 6

Wow. 42 characters to work on only six characters? Yikes.

I’m not a fan of the 75 character limit. I’m only working on leveling the last 6 characters, but with having to bring in the Alice characters for the event, I’ve had to send home characters I like having out ie favourites with cute animations.

When they first started the nonsense with attraction enhancements they increased the token requirements saying that it would be easier to get tokens. I find that by the time I get enough attraction enhancement tokens to make a difference, the character set has been maxed out for a year or two. At the very least, I wish they would fix it so that long time players still aren’t getting Mickey and friends attraction tokens in chests. If a character set is maxed out, stop giving those tokens. It is a money loser for them - even if I was inclined to buy attraction enhancement chests I wouldn’t bother because the odds of getting something I need are so low. They need to fix things like this if they are going to have character limits making it harder for players with more characters still to level up.

I’m not a fan of the 75 character limit. I’m only working on leveling the last 6 characters, but with having to bring in the Alice characters for the event, I’ve had to send home characters I like having out ie favourites with cute animations.

When they first started the nonsense with attraction enhancements they increased the token requirements saying that it would be easier to get tokens. I find that by the time I get enough attraction enhancement tokens to make a difference, the character set has been maxed out for a year or two. At the very least, I wish they would fix it so that long time players still aren’t getting Mickey and friends attraction tokens in chests. If a character set is maxed out, stop giving those tokens. It is a money loser for them - even if I was inclined to buy attraction enhancement chests I wouldn’t bother because the odds of getting something I need are so low. They need to fix things like this if they are going to have character limits making it harder for players with more characters still to level up.
I have to agree. By the time I had the Hercules building tokens to enchant a building I had all but two characters collecting for 9. Now I am leveling last one to 10 and building enchants are pretty useless to me.

I currently have 42 characters out in the kingdom, which will most likely change once the event starts tomorrow. Quick check of my characters:

Kuzco - 7 (need 8 hats)
Pacha - leveling to 8
Kronk - 8
Yzma - 5 (2 potions and 2 hats away from 6)
Owl - 9
Gord - 6

Wow. 42 characters to work on only six characters? Yikes.

having those back to back tower challenges that got us Owl (from the Winnie the Pooh set) and Gord (from the Wreck it Ralph set) adds a lot of characters trying for just 2 characters ... you seem close to being done with Owl so that should help you out a bit once you are done with him

I'm such a rebel. I have yet to download the new update. Not sure why, but I haven't Also, don't forget to start pulling out the alice in wonderland buildings. Those characters should help with the tokens for the lunchboxes. If you were smart, you saved a bunch from the last time we had this event.

I'm such a rebel. I have yet to download the new update. Not sure why, but I haven't Also, don't forget to start pulling out the alice in wonderland buildings. Those characters should help with the tokens for the lunchboxes. If you were smart, you saved a bunch from the last time we had this event.
Not sure what you're waiting for. Don't you want to start the 48-hour purchase of land you don't need?

Well they made the Bride an easy decision for me. 100 gems for a sapphire chest with a pathetic 5% chance of getting her and nothing else I’m interested it. No thank you! :confused3

Not sure what you're waiting for. Don't you want to start the 48-hour purchase of land you don't need?
I got the "you must upgrade message when trying to open the game. I'll hold off a few more hours before needing to spend magic on land I won't use. I bet the rest of the land that comes this year will be part of a new permanent collection quest.

Any long term player besides me considering removing all the junk I have in the first area by California Screaming for extra magic, etc. I for one am tired of it taking up space.

Anyone get anything decent out of the free Alice chest today? I got the bench and my sis got a flower statue. Boo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!