Disney Magic Kingdoms

I got the Mayor in a chest, which was a nice surprise. Beyond that, I’ve hit the first milestone in all 3 challenges and will finish spiders to get the character but am putting zero effort into the rest. Don’t have the time to put toward characters that will likely have little future use and they aren’t my favorites anyhow. Not being negative, just not putting effort into this one.

The spider one is too easy to not get, but I agree about the others. I'm playing along, for now, but refuse to wake up at night and/or spend actual money.

I thought you were. If it weren’t for the 2 device buying crates technique I don’t think I woulda gotten Grumpy. I miss the pre pre-determined crate reward days. :rotfl:

Your right about them wanting to deplete our gems/elixir. That‘s a problem with most game, especially ones that have been around for a few years. They’re trying to balance making as much money as possible, push things as far as they can, but not scare away the people who spend money. They don’t care and won’t mind if they loose the long time players who aren’t spending money on the game.

As far as this event goes I should end up with her, currently at 17/50, but they’re trying my patience. I think I’ve probably managed it well enough that it’s only gonna cost me elixir. That said, I’ll spend a few pre-bedtime gems near the end of it if necessary.

As far as working on Shock is concerned, I have been using elixir to get the rest of required tokens for each 8 hour run because I refuse to spend 500 gems on Lock, a character I don’t even really know. I have nothing else any more to spend elixir on. I sit at 29/50 and feel sure I should get Shock. I refuse to give up my sleep for a character. This is the worse event in a long time. But will be over soon.

The 8 hour tasks are stupid. I wake up at 6 and am in bed by 930. I am not collect 2x a day for it. What a crock. This event is the most hateful one ive seen from gameloft.
I thought the same thing too. But if you collect when you wake up at 6, and then again at before bed, you can squeeze out two collections. Never doing three, though. I value myself too much for that.

I thought the same thing too. But if you collect when you wake up at 6, and then again at before bed, you can squeeze out two collections. Never doing three, though. I value myself too much for that.

I'm doing 2 a day, and hope it will be enough ( I know I can do the math, but sometimes there are times when I forget to play ).

2 collections a day here and using elixir when needed. I should be done before the end of the event, but I am finding myself bored with it, so not playing as much. I am seeing mostly negative feedback about the event. In fairness, there are always people unhappy with every event, but this one on the heels of the character limit, seems to be amplified.

2 collections a day here and using elixir when needed. I should be done before the end of the event, but I am finding myself bored with it, so not playing as much. I am seeing mostly negative feedback about the event. In fairness, there are always people unhappy with every event, but this one on the heels of the character limit, seems to be amplified.
I forgot what the whole "cascading critters" thing was. Now that I've been reminded, I'd prefer to go back to forgetting.

Fourteen shadow monsters to go before Shock is complete. Just under four days left, so I'm fine.

Character list drops and then builds again. Here's where I am:

Completed - Kronk, Pacha, Owl

Lock - 3
Barrel - 3 (need 2 hats)

Kuzco - 9
Yzma - 7

Gord - 7 (need 6 hats)
Bride 4 (need 3 hats)

Last edited:

Fourteen shadow monsters to go before Shock is complete. Just under four days left, so I'm fine.

Character list drops and then builds again. Here's where I am:

Completed - Kronk, Pacha, Owl

Lock - 3
Barrel - 3 (need 2 hats)

Kuzco - 9
Yzma - 7

Gord - 7 (need 6 hats)
Bride 4 (need 3 hats)

If your at 36 (not questioning that you are) than I’m almost positive you had to have done three collects at least once or twice. I’m at 35 and done 2 collects every day and done 3 once or twice. Didn’t set any timers or anything but just had circumstances that allowed me to.

Lock - 3
Barrel - 3

Was playing less before event so TENG a little behind schedule

Kuzco - 8
Pacha - 9
Kronk - 8
Yzma - 6

Bride - 5
Gord - 6 (need 7 tickets)
Owl - 9(over 1/2 way done)

Lock at 2
Barrel ready for 2

Yzma collecting for 6
Kuzco ready for 8
Pacha ready for 9

Owl collecting for 10

Gord - collecting for 7.

Bride - will be in the chests like her pal grumpy.

If your at 36 (not questioning that you are) than I’m almost positive you had to have done three collects at least once or twice. I’m at 35 and done 2 collects every day and done 3 once or twice. Didn’t set any timers or anything but just had circumstances that allowed me to.
If I wake up in the middle of the night, as I'm prone to do, I'll find some music to fall asleep to, set the sleep timer on my phone, and definitely clear the game of checkmarks. Just a curse of me an my rotten sleep pattern. I'm working three days from the office, two days home, and I find that on the night before a morning when I have to wake up at 5:45 to start my day, I tend to have irregular sleep, despite my morning alarm being set. So those nights, while helping the game, but probably taking years off my life. Currently at 44 shadows cleared.

well I'll be darned ... got the sapphire chest from the tree tapper event and got the Bride it in!

been sort of a stressful week, so I will take all the bright spots I can get!
Welcome to the Bride Club. You'll marvel at the countless hours it's going to take to collect enough of her common tokens to get her to ten.

If I wake up in the middle of the night, as I'm prone to do, I'll find some music to fall asleep to, set the sleep timer on my phone, and definitely clear the game of checkmarks. Just a curse of me an my rotten sleep pattern. I'm working three days from the office, two days home, and I find that on the night before a morning when I have to wake up at 5:45 to start my day, I tend to have irregular sleep, despite my morning alarm being set. So those nights, while helping the game, but probably taking years off my life. Currently at 44 shadows cleared.

I tend to not sleep well at night so have woke up numerous times and cleared the quests, I am at 46 now on Shadows. I was using Elixir for any each time I started if I had not collected enough, mostly lanterns, but now just waiting to collect and sending out one or two at the same time. I blame my sleeping habits on my IT job which use to wake me at night frequently when they had issues or even kept me up all night for a few days, it is what it is.

Wow... I got the bride too. I completed the final milestone for the tree tapper and received a sapphire chest. The funny thing is that I forgot that it was a sapphire chest and thought it was a regular bronze chest. So it was a pleasant surprise when I saw "Special Chance / The Bride".

If I get Shock (I'm at 45 of 50) I will have every available character for the first time. I didn't think that would ever happen, particularly since I needed the Bride and Syndrome for a long time. But I beat the odds and received both of them in the past month.

Wow... I got the bride too. I completed the final milestone for the tree tapper and received a sapphire chest. The funny thing is that I forgot that it was a sapphire chest and thought it was a regular bronze chest. So it was a pleasant surprise when I saw "Special Chance / The Bride".

If I get Shock (I'm at 45 of 50) I will have every available character for the first time. I didn't think that would ever happen, particularly since I needed the Bride and Syndrome for a long time. But I beat the odds and received both of them in the past month.
Congratulations on that! I have all of the characters, too. Now, costumes are a different story...

well I'll be darned ... got the sapphire chest from the tree tapper event and got the Bride it in!

I was hoping for the bride but alas I received another Baymax concession stand to give to Merlin.

I was hoping for the bride but alas I received another Baymax concession stand to give to Merlin.

I got a Little Mermaid concession, with bonus elixir. I'm just happy I got Syndrome out of the chest I bought with gems earlier. I'm at 36/50 with 3 in progress for Shock, so I should be good.

Last edited:

Nice! I can't remember what I got. I think it was some dumb concession stand that I don't need.

Same for me. My sleeping patterns have changed over the years. Use to wake up throughout the night all the time, but now I have problems getting to sleep, sleep well for a few hours and wake up/sleep for about 2-3 hours before I finally get up for the day. With the weather getting colder though, my dog now decides to wake me up at around 4am this week.

🤬 Just realized I didn’t send my the character out a this morning! Currently at 43/50 so looks like I gonna end up 1 short tonight. Thinking I’ll probably spend a few gems speed up one character just so I can get that last character sent out before I go to bed. Would be nice to wake up to a new character.

Nice! I can't remember what I got. I think it was some dumb concession stand that I don't need.

I got a bunch of those in the 6 I bought earlier ... so guess I can think of it like I got the bride in one of those to make my brain feel better that my gem spending wasn't for nothing

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts