Disney Magic: May 12th, 2019 13-Night Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise from Miami to Barcelona

Hello all...we have done about 30 cruises but took our first (and supposedly last - haha) Disney Cruise when we did the Barcelona to NYC Transatlantic in Nov 2018. Our daughter will be recently turned 7 by the time this cruise rolls around. Because we were never going to take another Disney Cruise - was about 4 times what we normally pay for a transatlantic - we didn't bother with the 'future cruise' thing. Whoops!! That went wrong, haha!

We travel from Downunder to the UK every other year and always cruise at least one segment...getting tired of the huffy looks from pax on longhaul favourite Princess as our daughter is growing out of the 'adorable' stage and into the 'precocious' stage, we decided to blow all our pennies on a Disney Transatlantic and RCL Transpacific. Our first RCL, (well technically second since we did a 7 day coastal b2b with the TP) it was meh, although DD REALLY loved the kids club. We didn't like, ok really hated, the constant grubbing for $$$. No other cruise line is like it, sell sell sell. No thanks, no thanks, no thanks!

On reflection we decided next year we will forego the 3+ week Transpacific so we can afford the one Disney cruise since, well, you all know why haha!

We raved about it so much our friends are joining us on this one! Their first cruise ever...

I use Cruise Critic and the thread for the Disney TA last year was SO quiet, so I asked once onboard and found out about this board and other wondrous things like 'fish extenders' lol.

We got a better positioned cabin this time deck 7 midship inside - standard so no split bath but we'll make-do. We had a last-minute guaranteed outside on deck 2 faaaaar aft last time and the vibration/noise was phenomenal.

I'd also like to go on the Fantasy as Ariel is DD's favourite and that's where she lives right?...Maybe on the way back if we don't go via Asia.

Super looking forward to the cruise!!

We will also be on the EBTA in 2019. We also did this in 2015 (Port Canaveral to Copenhagen). We had gorgeous sea days and wonderful entertainment! Our only regret then was not staying on the ship for the next cruise, so we are doing the B2B cruise on May 25 in the Med. Our adult children will join us in Barcelona for the B2B.

Look forward to making new friends on the EBTA!

Looks like they removed Cartagena as one of our ports. Anyone hear anything about this?

You are absolutely corrrect. Our stop in Cartagena is now a sea day. I am surprised DCL has not sent out a communication.

Hello to all! I just put down my deposit so if everything goes well I’ll be there with my husband. We are a young adult couple without kids but very open to meet anyone and to make friends :)

It was only a glitch ! ;)
Hi everyone ! I'm from Switzerland and will be sailing this cruise with my boyfriend and our Disney travel best friend! It will be our 6th cruise, after having done 1 Caribbean on the Fantasy, 1 WBTA, 1 Norwegian fjörds and 1 b2b Caribbean on the Wonder... Looking forward to this sailing cause the last one was in February 2016, way too long ago!!! :D

Hi, everybody! My 9-yr old daughter and I are about to leave on the PC cruise, but we're booked for the 2019 transatlantic (eastbound). Is this the right forum? And is there an FE list yet? Thanks!

Husband Rod and I will be aboard. Our second EBTA, we also did the 2017.

How many hours do you lose total on this cruise?

It is 4 hours to Portugal time then another hour for Spain. Eastern Time to London time is 5 hrs and Spain is in that zone as well.

Hi, everybody! My 9-yr old daughter and I are about to leave on the PC cruise, but we're booked for the 2019 transatlantic (eastbound). Is this the right forum? And is there an FE list yet? Thanks!
Can you give the link to join the FE group? Did you join a group?

Hi everyone,

My husband and two sisters and I are on this cruise with you. We booked it while on the WBTA this fall. Can’t wait!!!

My kids and I are excited about the EBTA!

Does anyone know if a 'Fish Extender' group was started? We were kind of interested in giving it a try.

Hello to all:wave:

Looking forward to meeting new people on this EBTA Cruise.
We will be three travelers. Myself Joanne, DH Greg and DD Katherine(27).

We are very excited, I’ve never been to Portugal before.

Is there a FE group? We don’t do Facebook so this will be our only contact with fellow cruisers.

Have a magical daypixiedust:
Joanne

Can anyone please share what opening day prices were like for two adults on this cruise? Waiting to book this for May 2020 as soon as the new dates come out. Thank you!

Can anyone please share what opening day prices were like for two adults on this cruise? Waiting to book this for May 2020 as soon as the new dates come out. Thank you!
We paid $5,955 for a Category 5B (deck 6, midship). That is cruise fare, plus port fees, taxes, etc, but not including vacation protection or ground transfers. Pretty sure we booked on opening day, and back-to-back with the first cruise in the Med (which is in addition to this price).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!